Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePens to the Stanley Cup finals! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!

Go down 
+7
SteelersYak
OX1947
steelcrazy
Lokki
Atlanta Dan
Steelcitian
IowaSteeler927
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! Empty
PostSubject: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri May 27, 2016 3:21 am

Anyone else as excited about this as I am!? This team is really on fire right now and playing in sync with each other. I hope I'll get to watch Sid and company lifting up the Stanley Cup as champions!

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 20445551-large

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri May 27, 2016 8:33 am

Yes! I'm surprised there are not more Pens fans on here. Mike Tomlin was even in attendance.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri May 27, 2016 9:45 am

Ben was celebrating the birth of his son yesterday but based on this photo the Roethlisbergers are big Pens fans

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! CjbYZ1AUYAAd1i1
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri May 27, 2016 10:58 am

I'm excited. I'm a huge Penguins fan. That series with Tampa was pretty stressful though. lol San Jose isn't to be taken lightly, but I hope that we can get 4 more wins and lift Lord Stanley's Cup high in the air!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptySat May 28, 2016 3:25 am

I was the most worried about Tampa because they had the Pens number during the regular season. The Pens are on fire at the right time though, I'm hoping they carry their momentum into the finals. The Sharks are playing good hockey, so they'll be tough to beat.

steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptySun May 29, 2016 10:35 pm

hell yes iowa..I'm excited as you..if not more...san jose is no joke but with our HBK line + sid and geno you cant count us out...Pens in 6

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

Pens look good. Sharks can't get a shot off.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:48 pm

WOW. That stop and turn on a dime by Crosby was NASTY!
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyMon May 30, 2016 8:56 pm

yeah...Pens looking GREAT...2-0 easily could be more

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyMon May 30, 2016 10:49 pm

Clutch! 3-2!
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyTue May 31, 2016 10:31 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Clutch! 3-2!

BO-NIN-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Sid had a great play on the Sheary goal too.. beating the icing call and then making a nice cross ice feed to Sheary. But yeah, it could've easily been higher than 2-0 early on. They need to stop letting up when they get a 2-3 goal lead though.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 12:39 pm

After how the last two seasons of playoffs went, I wasn't expecting them to make it to the finals. I have just started watching Pens playoff hockey the last 3 or 4 years so I've never seen a Stanley Cup Finals.

It was funny last game when my wife came in shortly after the 2nd goal (which happened very quickly after the first) and knew that the Pens had scored twice based on my yelling and screaming. Embarassed Embarassed Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 1797695198 Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 1797695198 Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 1797695198

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 9:31 pm

Boom. 1-0.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:11 pm

Game............................BLOUSES.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyWed Jun 01, 2016 11:12 pm

connor sheary baby!!!!....2-0 finals lead...YEAH!!!!

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 8:17 am

Need to keep up the pressure and finish this series. The Sharks have obvious issues handling our speed, and we're destroying them in SOG. We should've beaten them much more handily in Game 2. Need to get the puck into the net. That would've been an embarrassing loss had the Sharks managed to pull out the W in OT but the Pens thankfully have been under pressure plenty of times, and are used to it.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 10:22 am

I feel better with a 2-0 lead, but they can't let up like they do in the games sometimes when they have the lead. As much as I would love for them to win the cup in front of the home crowd, I would gladly take a sweep in San Jose just to close it out and bring the cup to the Burgh.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyThu Jun 02, 2016 5:02 pm

Pens all the way really like the team speed out shooting everyone just need more shots in the net they are starting to remind me of the great 90s Pens team.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 7:51 am

Lokki wrote:
I feel better with a 2-0 lead, but they can't let up like they do in the games sometimes when they have the lead.  As much as I would love for them to win the cup in front of the home crowd, I would gladly take a sweep in San Jose just to close it out and bring the cup to the Burgh.  

Yeah I'd take the sweep, less change of a heart attack that way! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 1797695198

steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 1:12 pm

Lokki wrote:
I feel better with a 2-0 lead, but they can't let up like they do in the games sometimes when they have the lead.  As much as I would love for them to win the cup in front of the home crowd, I would gladly take a sweep in San Jose just to close it out and bring the cup to the Burgh.  
a sweep would be ideal..but even if they can get a split in san jose they would still get 2 out of 3 at home only needing to win 1..i like those odds...any way you cut it up 2-0 is a good place to be Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! 184121345

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyFri Jun 03, 2016 10:51 pm

Pens win one in San Ho, series is over.

Steelers 6
Pirates 5
Penguins 4

Nice balance in titles for the city of Pittsburgh.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 10:18 pm

well...despite being a little outplayed by a desperate sharks team 1 period away from going up 3-love in the Finals..c'mon Pens..focus and finish!!!

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 11:22 pm

Why do they keep scheduling the finals with other events or games going on at the same time?!!! ASSHOLES!!!! Some people in America watch Hockey, you effin assholes.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptySun Jun 05, 2016 11:09 am

OX1947 wrote:
Why do they keep scheduling the finals with other events or games going on at the same time?!!! ASSHOLES!!!! Some people in America watch Hockey, you effin assholes.

Hard to see how to avoid conflicts with baseball and other events this time of year

Schedule seems to have a coherent methodology - the NHL is working to avoid conflicts with the NBA finals and have three day breaks when the teams change cities to allow a travel day

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-stanley-cup-final-schedule/c-280792580

If I was a Sharks fan my gripe would be having a 5 pm PDT faceoff for a weeknight game so the viewers in the east will not be required to stay up until midnight

If the series goes 7 then game 7 will be on Wednesday, June 15, the evening before the U.S. Open tees off at Oakmont - that would set up a big sports weekend in Pittsburgh
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 9:34 pm

GENO!!!!.... 2-0 Pens!! a win here tonight would be lovely (says Capt. Obvious)

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! Empty

Back to top Go down

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next