Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!

Go down 
+7
SteelersYak
OX1947
steelcrazy
Lokki
Atlanta Dan
Steelcitian
IowaSteeler927
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OX1947

OX1947

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:01 pm

3-1 and going home. Chance to win the first title IN PITTSBURGH since ole Billy ended the Yankees in 1960.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:07 pm

YESSSS!!!!....I'm not going to say anything or make any predictions that might jinx the Pens, but going back to Pittsburgh with a 3-1 series lead is certainly exciting..hopefully Sid, Geno, and the boys will be lifting Lord Stanleys Cuparound this time Thursday night...if somebody would've told me back in December we would be 1 win away from another Pittsburgh championship I would never have believed them...LETS GO PENS!!!! FINISH THEM!!!! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 1372836603

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:12 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
YESSSS!!!!....I'm not going to say anything or make any predictions that might jinx the Pens, but going back to Pittsburgh with a 3-1 series lead is certainly exciting..hopefully Sid, Geno, and the boys will be lifting Lord Stanleys Cuparound this time Thursday night...if somebody would've told me back in December we would be 1 win away from another Pittsburgh championship I would never have believed them...LETS GO PENS!!!!   FINISH THEM!!!! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 1372836603

I'll do it for you, jinx's dont work on me. Pens are closing this out in 5. BOOK IT!
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:18 pm

OX1947 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:
YESSSS!!!!....I'm not going to say anything or make any predictions that might jinx the Pens, but going back to Pittsburgh with a 3-1 series lead is certainly exciting..hopefully Sid, Geno, and the boys will be lifting Lord Stanleys Cuparound this time Thursday night...if somebody would've told me back in December we would be 1 win away from another Pittsburgh championship I would never have believed them...LETS GO PENS!!!!   FINISH THEM!!!! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 1372836603

I'll do it for you, jinx's dont work on me. Pens are closing this out in 5. BOOK IT!
I hope you are right my friend...I'm just trying to stay quietly confident...ever since I guaranteed the Steelers would beat the Broncos in the 1997 AFCCG I've kinda shied away from it...but I got a feeling about this..a good one

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:28 pm

steelcrazy wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

I hope you are right my friend...I'm just trying to stay quietly confident...ever since I guaranteed the Steelers would beat the Broncos in the 1997 AFCCG I've kinda shied away from it...but I got a feeling about this..a good one

Yah, when Kordell Stewart is your QB, you can't guarantee anything.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 11:41 pm

OX1947 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:
OX1947 wrote:
steelcrazy wrote:

Yah, when Kordell Stewart is your QB, you can't guarantee anything.
truer words have never been spoken..I still shiver thinking about him under center..oh well.. I'm going to bed thinking about the Pens and another Cup..not that idiot

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 6:35 am

So glad that Geno finally stepped up. I wish that the Pens would play the entire 60 minutes though. We always seem to have one period that we just coast along. We were up 2-0, then we let the momentum swing in the third and I knew that it was a matter of time before we gave up a goal. Thankfully, Fehr took the wind out of their sails there near the end.

I feel much better with the series being 3-1 now. Hopefully, we can close it out at home on Thursday night. The crowd better be rocking all night like they were for game 7 against Tampa Bay.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 9:06 am

That was a fun game to watch last night. Pens looking hot as hell. They will be closing this one out tomorrow night in Pitt to a rocking crowd!!

SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 9:20 pm

Pittsburgh is gonna be going absolutely nuts on Thursday. I hope the Pens get out to a quick lead and keep the foot on the throttle. Too many times they have let teams back into it by going into defense mode. The best defense in this case (IMO) is keeping the shots on the other net.

Let's go Pens!!

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 08, 2016 3:18 am

They just need to go out and be extremely aggressive, keep their foot on the gas the entire game, and finish the Sharks off. The Sharks are going to be in desperation mode, and I feel like the best defense against that is to be aggressive offensively. Feed off the crowd, and get the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 6:24 am

I'm so pumped for tonight!!! Let's Go Pens!!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 1:04 pm

Oh. There's a hockey game tonight?
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 10:55 pm

So much for booking it. Jones had the game of his life.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 09, 2016 11:09 pm

oh well...sucks it didn't work out tonight but bottom line Pens still 1 win away ..I still feel good about it.. no way Jones plays out of his mind 3 games in a row

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 5:51 am

That loss sucked. Mainly because we really outplayed them the majority of the game, but Jones was playing out of his mind. We had something like 44 SOG, we should've put up more than 2 goals with that kind of shot total. Need to keep it aggressive and be better defensively if we want to win in San Jose and avoid going to a Game 7. Man does that loss suck, if Murray hadn't given up 3 in the first period alone we'd probably be hoisting the cup.

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2016 8:06 am

Murray let 2 softies in during that first period. That's what really sucks. Then Jones made some incredible saves or we would've been up with a huge lead. I hope that they close it out in game 6. I don't want to go to game 7 at all.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Tonight's the night, boys!! Let's dance with Lord Stanley!
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 6:59 pm

Lokki wrote:
Murray let 2 softies in during that first period.  That's what really sucks.  Then Jones made some incredible saves or we would've been up with a huge lead.  I hope that they close it out in game 6.  I don't want to go to game 7 at all.  
yeah I agree lokki...I don't want to go to a game 7 at all either..not that I think they would lose 3 in a row I just don't want to deal with the stress and nervousness of it all...lets finish them off tonight and bring the cup back to Pittsburgh...LETS GO PENS!!!! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 1426860608

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:43 pm

Game.................Blouses
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:54 pm

STANLEY CUP CHAMPS!!! PENS WIN 3-1!!!!!

OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Classless pieces of shit Sharks fans. Shut the hell up!

Last edited by OX1947 on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Hell yeah...go pens!!

Last time the pens got one so didn't the steelers...hopefully this is a magical next 12 months for the steel city with 2 new titles being hoisted.

PS...Cheer up shark fans, geesh...at least you still got the warriors to cheer for.

Last edited by SteelerSpartan on Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 pm

Murray should have been the Finals MVP.
Back to top Go down
steelcrazy

steelcrazy

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:20 pm

FEELS SO GOOD!!!!! Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 1372836603 ....and yeah the sharks fans are classless..oh well...take your ball and go home losers..we're bringing the Cup back to Pittsburgh!!!!

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 12, 2016 11:42 pm

This may jump start my interest in hockey again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!   Pens to the Stanley Cup finals! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pens to the Stanley Cup finals!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next