Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 pm

Dixon looked much better this week after a somewhat shaky start.

Buh-bye Swayze Waters (as if we really expected anything else).

Dwyer showed some flashes to me. I think it was more the porous 3rd and 4th string o-line. The starters aren't even that good (except Pouncey and possibly Colon) so I expect no less. Most of those guys will be going back to their fry-cook and garbage can slinging jobs soon enough. Dwyer was staring down 3 and 4 defenders in the backfield on most of his carries.

Lefty started a little iffy, but really settled in and played a nice game.

All in all, I thought most of the guys who will actually make the team looked good except for the o-line again. FLOZELL, WHERE ARE YOU?!?

A lot of penalties tonight. I expected that kind of game last week. UGH!

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Dixon and Battle made a couple of good plays. Dwyer had a couple nice runs but other than that he wasn't altogether to impressive. Will Allen looked good. Sly had a pretty nice hit/tackle. Donovan Warren looked really bad at times and good at others. Disappointed that Heyward didn't really make much of splash but Worilds came off the edge well a few times, too.

Pretty good night overall, I think. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 230572241 Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3056903510

Agreed on Warren. Some good... some bad.

Battle rebounded really nicely from last week's goat-like performance. There's going to be some tough decisions at WR if he keeps it up.

Absolutely, great overall performance. Score was nowhere near as close as the final indicated.

Back to top Go down
Farrior_roirraW

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Yeah, I don't know what was up with a lot of penalties but a lot of them were the same old same old o-line mistakes like false starts and holding. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552

Looks like there is definitely a handful of wide outs to pick from.

After seeing Brown these past two weeks I wish we could've seen where Sanders was at.

EDIT: I do think you have a good point about 3rd and 4th stringers but I don't know... he did show flashes despite the poor blocking.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:31 pm

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Yeah, I don't know what was up with a lot of penalties but a lot of them were the same old same old o-line mistakes like false starts and holding. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552

Looks like there is definitely a handful of wide outs to pick from.

After seeing Brown these past two weeks I wish we could've seen where Sanders was at.

EDIT: I do think you have a good point about 3rd and 4th stringers but I don't know... he did show flashes despite the poor blocking.

I think Dwyer will be OK. I like hearing that he's already dropped 20 lbs. and seems committed to turning it around. He shows good burst. If he can shed a few more pounds, he could be a nice 4th running back for the team. We may need him.

I wish we could see where Sanders is now too, but I feel that Brown has already solidified the #3 spot with his stellar play so far. It's his to lose IMHO. At least it will be split evenly amongst him and Sanders. A nice problem to have, especially if a WR goes down to injury. We will have the deepest and most well rounded receiving corps in the league this year no doubt.

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:38 pm

Just saw at SF that Tomlin said Gilbert and J. Scott will be OK. Possible hyper-extended knees. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3945403183

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Just saw at SF that Tomlin said Gilbert and J. Scott will be OK. Possible hyper-extended knees. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3945403183

That's good news. No one likes injuries in pre-season.

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

That's good news. No one likes injuries in pre-season.

I was worried for a minute, but after J. Scott went down, a small part of me thought "Now we can get Flozell back!"

Is that wrong? Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 pm

I guess it's rather pointless to have a post-game thread. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3798349058

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
I guess it's rather pointless to have a post-game thread. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3798349058

You ARE channeling thumper!! affraid

Killing the team AND thread whoring!!! Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3798349058

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Killing the team AND thread whoring!!! Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3798349058
I didn't include any YouTube links though. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1664291743

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:49 pm

I just snatched a gnat out of the air using only my thumb and index finger. Talk about a feat! Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 469886443

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:51 pm

BGSU A Dub wrote:
I just snatched a gnat out of the air using only my thumb and index finger. Talk about a feat! Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 469886443
How are your cover skills? Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3135543967

And why is this posted in the Steelers forum instead of the House? Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3939274466

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 18, 2011 11:53 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I didn't include any YouTube links though. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1664291743

Troll slacker! Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1797695198

Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:00 am

I'm gonna say it........ Bruce Arians actually called a pretty good game tonight.

There. I said it. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552

Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 am

Wallace108 wrote:
And why is this posted in the Steelers forum instead of the House? Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 3939274466

Because I was about to reply to this topic. Again, you want me to do work on this board and put things where they go? Preposterous!
Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 2625562446

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:01 am

Buddha Bus wrote:
I'm gonna say it........ Bruce Arians actually called a pretty good game tonight.

There. I said it. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552

Are you drinking beer or Everclear Buddha?

Farrior_roirraW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 12:03 am

Buddha Bus wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.

I really hate those screens/quick passes he calls... I only remember three plays... and one of them was actually a TD that got called back. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 1:11 am

Farrior_roirraW wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:

Yeah, pretty much.

I really hate those screens/quick passes he calls... I only remember three plays... and one of them was actually a TD that got called back. Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 1505004552
Arians loves the WR screen. I'm not sure if it's ever worked, but he's going to keep trying it until it does.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)   Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers-Eagles Game Day thread (preseason Week 2)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2