Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeRB Bell won't talk deal until healed Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

RB Bell won't talk deal until healed

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
solardave
fer69
BlackAndGold
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

RB Bell won't talk deal until healed Empty
PostSubject: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyThu Jun 16, 2016 5:54 pm

By Jeremy Fowler

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers running back Le'Veon Bell, a free agent in 2017, won't entertain a new contract until his surgically repaired right knee is healed.

Bell said after Thursday's minicamp session that his representatives and the Steelers are not discussing a new deal "right now."

"I just want to make sure my knee's good," Bell said. "Make sure everything's straight before all that comes about."

Bell, who suffered the knee injury in Week 8 last season, said he tore the medial collateral and posterior cruciate ligaments. The Steelers held Bell out of anything "competitive" in minicamp, he said. Bell went through individual drills.

While training in Miami this offseason, Bell's next goal is to clear the mental hurdles associated with knee injuries, to feel "normal."

Bell, 24, said he gained weight in the months after the injury, ballooning to 230-plus pounds. He has since lost weight and said he plans to carry between 210 and 215 pounds during the season. Bell was 240 at Michigan State.

"I got heavy. I did. I wasn't going to stop eating," Bell said about the months after the injury. "I couldn't run. ... But I feel great now."

The Steelers have begun negotiations with All-Pro guard David DeCastro, but the team will prioritize Bell's future throughout the summer.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/16257281/leveon-bell-talk-deal-pittsburgh-steelers-healed
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:09 pm

1 year vet minimum

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyWed Jun 22, 2016 11:27 am

Smart. Although if it doesn't happen before camp it most likely won't happen until the season is over after the SB RB Bell won't talk deal until healed 1647293567
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyThu Jun 23, 2016 7:57 am

Bell seems like a pretty bright kid, and I think he likes it in the Burgh. If he stays healthy they'll throw some money at him, but I think he'll sign a deal that's friendly to both him, and the Steelers.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:48 am

In his alternate career, Bell may have dropped a hint about how much he wants. A hint: it would be the highest in the league.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-leveon-bell-raps-that-he-wants-15-million-a-year-on-his-next-deal/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 11:50 am

Well, he's either a bad rapper or delusional.

Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 6:13 pm

He wants 15 mil per? no problem. Win the rushing title, carry the Steelers to a title and I'm sure the Steelers will oblige.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyMon Jul 04, 2016 7:06 pm

I'm holding out to see what kind of shape he comes back in. Him and Shazier have all the talent in the world but can never seem to shake the injury bug.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 7:21 am

SteelersYak wrote:
I'm holding out to see what kind of shape he comes back in.  Him and Shazier have all the talent in the world but can never seem to shake the injury bug.

Exactly. They both need to stay on the field this year. And let me add this.

BA was the best OC we ever had and Haley is the worst. RB Bell won't talk deal until healed 1797695198 Sorry for hijacking the thread but the gospel must be read. RB Bell won't talk deal until healed 2217377625
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am

Hallelujah!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 3:30 pm

15 million a year... Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RB Bell won't talk deal until healed   RB Bell won't talk deal until healed Empty

Back to top Go down

RB Bell won't talk deal until healed
Page 1 of 1