Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLe’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal

Go down 
+11
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
jak341
Rick5895
JPPT1974
effyou515
Drizztbob
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
solardave
Wallace108
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal Empty
PostSubject: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jun 27, 2017 11:08 am

Le’Veon Bell is hoping for a long-term contract extension before the July 17 deadline to negotiate with franchise tagged players passes, and the Pittsburgh Steelers would like the same. However, there’s a chance Bell will have to wait at least another season to get his big deal.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported on Tuesday that Bell’s contract situation “could go either way.”

“Both sides have motivations to get it done, but no deal in sight now,” Schefter wrote on Twitter. “A push before and at the (July 17) deadline is expected from both sides. Could go either way.”

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/leveon-bell-steelers-motivated-long-term-deal/378384

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyWed Jun 28, 2017 8:57 am

Both sides need to take a gamble. Steelers need to protect themselves against failed drug tests & injury while Bell needs to protect himself against being cut earlier than his contract ends without having some financial security in place for guaranteed money

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 2:09 am

With a week to go Steelers and Bell still not blinking on a new deal

The Pittsburgh Steelers and running back Le’Veon Bell are running out of time. Well, sort of. They are running out of time to work out a contract extension for Bell, but if this week comes and goes without that there’s nothing to really worry about.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/10/with-a-week-to-go-steelers-and-bell-still-not-blinking-on-a-new-deal/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 7:51 am

I'm just wondering if the FO has some behavior clauses in there and Bell's corner is not kosher with them. I mean he's one step away from taking a Bryant vacation. I can think of 12.1 million reasons to sign the franchise tag if they don't get it done and like Ron Cook said: if he plays 16+ games he can ask for top dollar next year.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptySat Jul 15, 2017 1:14 pm

solardave wrote:
I'm just wondering if the FO has some behavior clauses in there and Bell's corner is not kosher with them. I mean he's one step away from taking a Bryant vacation. I can think of 12.1 million reasons to sign the franchise tag if they don't get it done and like Ron Cook said: if he plays 16+ games he can ask for top dollar next year.

and if he has another Bengal take a shot at his ACL, he will never play another game again. That is why he wants a long term deal/commitment.

If they cant get a long term deal and I was Bell, I would wear knee braces on both legs and run out of bounds more often rather than take big hits. Bell has played 4 years for a TOTAL of $4.1million. He has been vastly underpaid for the work he has already put in.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:

and if he has another Bengal take a shot at his ACL, he will never play another game again.  That is why he wants a long term deal/commitment.  

If they cant get a long term deal and I was Bell, I would wear knee braces on both legs and run out of bounds more often rather than take big hits.  Bell has played 4 years for a TOTAL of $4.1million.  He has been vastly underpaid for the work he has already put in.

If he hadn't been suspended twice now I would be scratching my head. Burfict is going to take his shots (or Jones if he's still playing) and they don't care about Bell's contract situation. Yeah he's averaged a little over 1 million a year so 12.1 is a big jump and incentive to prove he can stay on the field for an entire season. They may get it done by tomorrow but it doesn't seem likely by the reports I've read. I hope it gets done but if it doesn't I still say I'd take the 12.1 and play for the long term deal of the century.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 2:48 pm

solardave wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
solardave wrote:

and if he has another Bengal take a shot at his ACL, he will never play another game again.  That is why he wants a long term deal/commitment.  

If they cant get a long term deal and I was Bell, I would wear knee braces on both legs and run out of bounds more often rather than take big hits.  Bell has played 4 years for a TOTAL of $4.1million.  He has been vastly underpaid for the work he has already put in.

If he hadn't been suspended twice now I would be scratching my head. Burfict is going to take his shots (or Jones if he's still playing) and they don't care about Bell's contract situation. Yeah he's averaged a little over 1 million a year so 12.1 is a big jump and incentive to prove he can stay on the field for an entire season. They may get it done by tomorrow but it doesn't seem likely by the reports I've read. I hope it gets done but if it doesn't I still say I'd take the 12.1 and play for the long term deal of the century.

I would take the $12.1, protect myself from injury as much as possible and let it be known that I am protecting myself from injury. Lamar Miller has a $26million contract with $14million guaranteed. Todd Gurley has $13.8million guaranteed. Bell has only $12.1 guaranteed and is a better back than both of those guys.

If Bell take the tag, protects himself from injury and has a mediocre season, then he would end up in 2018 and possibly not get tagged again and would cash in on the free agent market. I would not blame the kid one bit, because if Bell gets injured, then he could end up making 1/2 the career earnings that Chris Ivory will make, despite being significantly better player than Ivory. I hope they get it done too, but will see.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptySun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm

Schefter: Steelers Not Close To Signing Bell Long-Term With Deadline Looming

BY DAVE BRYAN JULY 16, 2017

The deadline for the Pittsburgh Steelers to sign running back Le’Veon Bell to a long-term contract extension is almost 24 hours away and while anything can certainly happen between now and Monday’s 4PM EST cutoff, it doesn’t appear as though the two sides are close to a deal at the time of this post.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN on Sunday, Bell is one of three players still wearing the franchise tag who are not close to consummating new long-term contract extensions with their respective teams. Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins and Los Angeles Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson are the two other players.

Deadlines usually spur actions and so quite honestly, it’s not surprising that Bell and the Steelers have yet to work out a new long-term deal so far. However, it’s worth noting that the last time Bell’s agent, Adisa Bakari, represented a franchise tagged running back in 2012, that player, Matt Forte, ultimately signed a long-term contract extension with the Chicago Bears on the day of that year’s deadline.

Bell was issued the $12.12 million franchise tag just ahead of the start of the 2017 league year in March and has reportedly yet to sign the tender...

to read rest of article:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/07/schefter-steelers-not-close-signing-bell-long-term-deadline-looming/
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 10:12 pm

No long term deal was made today.

Bell will play the season on the Franchise Tag.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 4:37 am

According to Adam Schefter it came down to guaranteed money. I can understand the FO's position. As much as I like Bell. I think he's the best back in the league and could be the best we've ever had if we lock him up next year and he stays healthy. He hasn't played a full season yet. The potential is there for everyone to see but it's been said on here that players shouldn't be paid for potential.

This is his year to prove himself and say:  "show me the money"!

Le'Veon Bell: 'I want to be valued'
Le'Veon Bell told ESPN's Jeremy Fowler that he's not in a rush to sign a longterm deal as he waits for a contract that he believes is fair.

Rest of article: http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/LeVeon-Bell-I-gotta-get-better-apparently--101638305

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 10:04 am

While I do think Bell is the one of the best, if not THE best RB in the league, he has his red flags that we all know about; 2 knee injuries, suspensions, drug concerns, possible character (big head disease) flaws. All of that gets factored into these contract talks, whether it gets mentioned or not while at the table. I would love to know what his agent was asking for, what he thinks "his value" is.

It all comes down to this season. Can he play a full one injury free with no off field bullshit? If so, that kid is in the driver seat and could potentially make more than what he asked for yesterday. If he can't, then his value takes a dip, and we could get him cheaper than what was offered. It seems as though the Steelers feel the latter is more likely and are rolling the dice with a glass half empty attitude.

I'm not sure who wins in either scenario...

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

Drizztbob wrote:
While I do think Bell is the one of the best, if not THE best RB in the league, he has his red flags that we all know about; 2 knee injuries, suspensions, drug concerns, possible character (big head disease) flaws.  All of that gets factored into these contract talks, whether it gets mentioned or not while at the table.  I would love to know what his agent was asking for, what he thinks "his value" is.  

It all comes down to this season.  Can he play a full one injury free with no off field bullshit?  If so, that kid is in the driver seat and could potentially make more than what he asked for yesterday.  If he can't, then his value takes a dip, and we could get him cheaper than what was offered.  It seems as though the Steelers feel the latter is more likely and are rolling the dice with a glass half empty attitude.

I read an article this morning which mentioned it came down to guaranteed money

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 1:22 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
While I do think Bell is the one of the best, if not THE best RB in the league, he has his red flags that we all know about; 2 knee injuries, suspensions, drug concerns, possible character (big head disease) flaws.  All of that gets factored into these contract talks, whether it gets mentioned or not while at the table.  I would love to know what his agent was asking for, what he thinks "his value" is.  

It all comes down to this season.  Can he play a full one injury free with no off field bullshit?  If so, that kid is in the driver seat and could potentially make more than what he asked for yesterday.  If he can't, then his value takes a dip, and we could get him cheaper than what was offered.  It seems as though the Steelers feel the latter is more likely and are rolling the dice with a glass half empty attitude.

Yes but what exactly was that amount?? 5 years, 28 mil a year??

Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

Yes but what exactly was that amount??  5 years, 28 mil a year??

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account
@TomPelissero

#Steelers' offer to Le'Veon Bell averaged over $12M per, with $30M in first 2 years, $42M over 3, per sources. Decided to play on $12.1M tag

8:37 AM - 18 Jul 2017 from Plymouth, MN

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/887335623320797185
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyTue Jul 18, 2017 4:09 pm

I'm waiting to see how James Conner, and Knile Davis do this season hate to see the Steelers tie up to much money on a RB who has drug injury background. Next year we'll see the rest of the league thinks of Bell so one year tender and what options the Steelers have next offseason.

there might be talented RB in the 3rd round next years draft. Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal 3135543967

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 12:05 am

Hope he can get a long term deal. And not wait long like that of Kirk Cousins has been.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:54 pm

Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:
Drizztbob wrote:

Yes but what exactly was that amount??  5 years, 28 mil a year??

Tom Pelissero‏Verified account
@TomPelissero

#Steelers' offer to Le'Veon Bell averaged over $12M per, with $30M in first 2 years, $42M over 3, per sources. Decided to play on $12.1M tag

8:37 AM - 18 Jul 2017 from Plymouth, MN

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/887335623320797185

He turned that money down? Is he expecting starting QB money?
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 1:56 pm

A long term deal, in Pittsburgh, with 42mil in 3 years?! We ain't keeping him next year. He's got Mike Wallace disease.

effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyWed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
A long term deal, in Pittsburgh, with 42mil in 3 years?!  We ain't keeping him next year.  He's got Mike Wallace disease.

as I posted earlier he has baggage now I'll add the Steelers had him lose weight to make his talent shine. I'm all for the one year tender and let him test the free market next year. if he leaves the Steelers at least a extra 2nd round draft pick and there will be quality RBs in next years draft. don't get me wrong I really like Bell in the Steelers offense.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 12:41 am

Ike Taylor: “Strong possibility” Le’Veon Bell will hold out

Former Steelers cornerback and current NFL Network analyst Ike Taylor knows Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell well. And Ike seems to know Bell well enough to know what he is thinking about doing when training camp opens for the Steelers.

Appearing Wednesday night on Total Access, Taylor said there’s a “strong possibility” Bell will hold out.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/07/19/ike-taylor-strong-possibility-leveon-bell-will-hold-out/

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 4:35 pm

As far as being the #2 receiver we all know why that happened. Don't get me wrong he's good out of the backfield but barring injury to A.B., Bryant, Rogers or Shuster I'm pretty sure he falls in around #3 at best if he makes it through the season.

I say as good as he is there is a level of health problems and stupid moves. To soon to ask for top money on a team that can still win it all without you. The train to #7 is ready to roll. They'll give you 12.1 mil to get on.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 4:57 pm

solardave wrote:
As far as being the #2 receiver we all know why that happened. Don't get me wrong he's good out of the backfield but barring injury to A.B., Bryant, Rogers or Shuster I'm pretty sure he falls in around #3 at best if he makes it through the season.

I say as good as he is there is a level of health problems and stupid moves. To soon to ask for top money on a team that can still win it all without you. The train to #7 is ready to roll. They'll give you 12.1 mil to get on.

Bryant is going make the big difference this season he's the WR who can take the top off of opposing defenses.

Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 6:07 pm

I marvel at Bell, he's leaving money on the table by turning down the Steelers offer, he won't miss any games because of hold out, my guess is he comes back to camp somewhat like Berry did with KC. He's a running back who can catch out of the backfield, great player..yes, But he needs to get his head out of his ass, until he can stay healthy and prove he's not going to be suspended again no serious contender is going tie that much money up in him.
Wallace did this and we gave Antonio the money, and look what Mikey has done in the league....nadda. Leveon says NO, then look after Tuitt, Villenueva and Shazier.
I think Bell needs a quick history lesson when playing hardball, prior to free agency they let Franco and Webster leave and let Woodson go as well. As much as I like Bell he's not at those guys level.
Franchise him this year and next, run him into the ground get a super bowl than let him go elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Of course Ike would make that comment. Keep trying to stay relevant stone hands. Bell could hold out, and when he gets injured in week 2 due to lack of training, the Steelers offer him 7 mil a year for 3 years and save a bunch of cap to pay the guys deserving of a long term deal.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal EmptyThu Jul 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Rick5895 wrote:
I marvel at Bell, he's leaving money on the table by turning down the Steelers offer, he won't miss any games because of hold out, my guess is he comes back to camp somewhat like Berry did with KC.  He's a running back who can catch out of the backfield, great player..yes, But he needs to get his head out of his ass, until he can stay healthy and prove he's not going to be suspended again no serious contender is going tie that much money up in him.
Wallace did this and we gave Antonio the money, and look what Mikey has done in the league....nadda.  Leveon says NO, then look after Tuitt, Villenueva and Shazier.
I think Bell needs a quick history lesson when playing hardball, prior to free agency they let Franco and Webster leave and let Woodson go as well.  As much as I like Bell he's not at those guys level.
Franchise him this year and next, run him into the ground get a super bowl than let him go elsewhere.

That's what I'm saying. He needs to prove he can stay on the field. I don't think they're making a mistake by not giving him any guarantees. What guarantee has he given us?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal   Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal Empty

Back to top Go down

Le’Veon Bell, Steelers reportedly motivated to agree on long-term deal
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next