Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTraining Camp is here!!! Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Training Camp is here!!!

Go down 
+15
Fire Arians
Bays
Hawaii 5-0
El-Gonzo Jackson
SteelerSpartan
kirklandrules
Craziaskowboi
SteelersNorth
Geordie
BlackAndGold
jak341
stlrtruck
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Vis
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vis

Vis

Training Camp is here!!! Empty
PostSubject: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:28 am

STEELERS 2016 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE

Thurs., Jul. 28 All players report by 4 p.m. No Steelers' Practice
Fri. Jul. 29 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Sat., Jul. 30 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Sun., Jul. 31 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Mon., Aug. 1 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Tues., Aug. 2 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Wed., Aug. 3 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Thurs., Aug. 4 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Fri., Aug. 5 7 p.m. Latrobe Memorial Stadium (Open to public)
Sat., Aug. 6 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Sun., Aug. 7 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Mon., Aug. 8 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Tues., Aug. 9 Joint practice with Detroit Lions (Time TBD)
Wed., Aug. 10 Joint practice with Detroit Lions (Time TBD)
Thurs., Aug. 11 Practice not open to public
Fri., Aug. 12 First Preseason Game vs. Detroit Lions
(7 p.m., KDKA-TV)
Sat., Aug. 13 Players Day Off - no Steelers' practice
Sun., Aug. 14 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Mon., Aug. 15 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Tues., Aug. 16 2:55 p.m. (Open to public)
Wed., Aug. 17 Practice not open to public
Thurs., Aug. 18 Second Preseason Game vs. Philadelphia Eagles
(7:00 p.m., KDKA-TV)

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 7:38 am

Vis wrote:
STEELERS 2016 TRAINING CAMP SCHEDULE

Finally some kind of football! Can't wait to read the reports from camp!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 8:42 am

My brother lives in Latrobe so I'll get info from him,I hope. Can't wait for the season to start. Training Camp is here!!! 2893009358
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 10:15 am

If I recall correctly, I believe someone previously mentioned ESPN will be there on August 5.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Training Camp is here!!! 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 10:35 am

Training camp: the time of year where all teams are Super Bowl contenders (except the Browns). Hopes are in full flame. Each team has no major injuries and everyone is going to have a break out season.

Let's get the party started!
Back to top Go down
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 11:00 am

Training Camp is here!!! Coc4QF-WAAA1ybI

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 12:23 pm

Brown unveils another custom Rolls-Royce for training camp

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown will be arriving at training camp in a car that's out of this world.

Brown announced on Instagram that he will roll into Latrobe in a custom Steelers-themed Rolls-Royce Wraith.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/10824394-74/style-font-div

Training Camp is here!!! I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0728%2Fr107745_1296x729_16%2D9

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Vis

Vis

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 12:59 pm

looks like a sound investment

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 2:31 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 5:09 pm

Chickillo also down 20 pounds.

Only rookie DT, DeVaunte Sigler didn't pass the conditioning test.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Brown unveils another custom Rolls-Royce for training camp

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown will be arriving at training camp in a car that's out of this world.

Brown announced on Instagram that he will roll into Latrobe in a custom Steelers-themed Rolls-Royce Wraith.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/10824394-74/style-font-div

Training Camp is here!!! I?img=%2Fphoto%2F2016%2F0728%2Fr107745_1296x729_16%2D9

I guess business is boomin'
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyThu Jul 28, 2016 6:42 pm

How seriously are pre season games taken ?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 2:38 am

Geordie wrote:

Not very seriously by most of the casual fans out there, but those of us who are more invested in the team and everything that surrounds them tend to take preseason games a little bit more seriously than the mainstream fans. I like to watch preseason games because I like to watch the no-name guys trying to fight for a job. Sometimes preseason games can be pretty ugly, but on the same token it's football, and I love football so I'll take it any way I can get it after the long boring offseason.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 8:28 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Geordie wrote:

Not very seriously by most of the casual fans out there, but those of us who are more invested in the team and everything that surrounds them tend to take preseason games a little bit more seriously than the mainstream fans. I like to watch preseason games because I like to watch the no-name guys trying to fight for a job. Sometimes preseason games can be pretty ugly, but on the same token it's football, and I love football so I'll take it any way I can get it after the long boring offseason.

I'm right with you :)
I love the game so I'll pretty much watch anything. Although in saying that I 'usually' start to tune out once the main guys are out because as you said it gets pretty ugly
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 8:34 am

The preseason is no-name guys making splash plays in hope of a steady paycheck.
Some may call it boring but for me since last season my Dish receiver crashed and I lost all of my recorded regular season games I GOT IT BAD MAN!!!! I NEED SOMETHING!!!! Training Camp is here!!! 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Craziaskowboi

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 9:43 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Geordie wrote:

I love pre-season football too. It's fun watching the less familiar players competing, especially if they're making big plays, because then you know you have depth. If they're good enough, they can even challenge for a starting role. Also, because the games don't count, the atmosphere is much more relaxed, sort of like a baseball game. It also gives fans a chance to break out the grill and do a dress rehearsal for tailgating. One aspect of the pre-season that I specifically benefit from is the fact that I live only three hours from Charlotte, and the Steelers and Panthers play each other at the end of every pre-season, so I'm guaranteed a biennial trip to see a Steelers game.

WOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! FOOTBALL IS BACK, BITCHES!!! Training Camp is here!!! 1372836603
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 11:21 am

Geordie wrote:

How tasty is water to a man crawling through the desert?

To the established players, preseason is a grind they'd rather do without. But to the fans who have to endure the longest offseason in the world, it's a signal of a renewed life.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptyFri Jul 29, 2016 3:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 2:00 am

Le’Veon Bell might miss the first four games while serving a suspension but he was on the field Friday. Bell, who is also trying to come back from major knee surgery, even took first team reps and looked sharp while doing so. “He’s not on PUP,” Tomlin said. “He’s a full participant and we put him in a full rotation like we intended to. It was a good day for him and the others.”

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-insider-golson-good-to-go-bell-practices-as-intended/article_6720e5be-55b4-11e6-bc87-4b6c1583d6e1.html

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 3:02 pm

Burns puts himself in kick return fray

LATROBE -- As the Pittsburgh Steelers warmed up for their first day of training camp practice, cornerback Artie Burns looked for the kick return line, found out where it was and jumped in.

Burns is one of several Steelers with some college and pro experience returning kicks on a team that's struggled to gain much from the position in recent years. Pittsburgh hasn't scored a touchdown on a kickoff return since 2010, when Antonio Brown ran one back as a rookie. And last year, the team shuffled switched from Dri Archer to Jacoby Jones, then back to Markus Wheaton, who took them the year prior.

The Steelers' 2016 first-round pick wasn't aware of Pittsburgh's recent struggles at the position, he said, but just wants to get on the field. And as informal as his start to return practice was on Friday, special teams coordinator Danny Smith has talked to Burns about being on the depth chart for the spot, Burns said, though he doesn't know much beyond that one exists and he's on it.

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2016/07/steeler_artie_burns_kick_return.html

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 6:15 pm

From tweets(Wexell, & the guys at Steelers Depot), Coates had one heck of a day.

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptySat Jul 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Keep an eye on Chickillo

The Pittsburgh Steelers are stockpiling pass-rushers

Coming out of college, Anthony Chickillo was a puzzle for scouts.

A five-star recruit ranked by Rivals.com as the third-best defensive end in the country coming out of high school, many would claim Chickillo was misused at Miami, as he was asked to add weight and play more of a 3-4 defensive end position during his time with the Hurricanes.

“I didn’t play the position I wanted to play in college,” said Chickillo. “I just did what the coaches asked me to do there. I was really fortunate to come here and have the coaches that I do, coaches that believe in me and what I can do. I just love being here.”

A huge factor in Chickillo’s renewed love for the game has been Pittsburgh Steelers outside linebackers coach Joey Porter, who becomes excited when talking about the young linebacker’s progress from Year One to Year Two.

“I think Chickillo made a whole lot of headway transforming from a D-lineman to a true outside linebacker,” said Porter. “He looks good and moves good.”

The affinity is mutual, as Chickillo credits Porter with not only his physical and athletic development, but also his growing awareness of “the game within the game," and how he can exploit certain matchups as a pass rusher.

“I’m better at having a plan and using my hands now,” Chickillo said. “Coach Porter helps me a lot at seeing what kind of guy you have in front of you and figuring out different ways you can beat that guy. Seeing how he’s lined up, what kind of stance he’s in, down and distance, that determines a lot. All those ways you can get that edge before the ball is snapped.”

Read more: http://www.scout.com/nfl/steelers/story/1690885-practice-report-keep-an-eye-on-chickillo
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! EmptySun Jul 31, 2016 2:51 am

Coates puts on show

By Mark Kaboly

If Saturday's practice was any indication, wide receiver Sammie Coates is going to have no problem filling the shoes of the suspended Martavis Bryant. Coates, the second-year player out of Auburn, put on a show for the fans who endured the rain and an hour delay to practice at St. Vincent. He hauled in a number of spectacular catches, highlighted by a toe-drag touchdown over Doran Grant on a pass 40 yards down the field from Bruce Gradkowski. Coates also took a slant and slammed through the middle of the defense. During a 7 on 7 drill, Coates made a one-handed catch over Donald Washington. Coates was running go routes for the majority of practice.

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/10825135-74/tomlin-pass-coates

Training Camp is here!!! Cop-QzbWgAEyxRR

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Camp is here!!!   Training Camp is here!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Camp is here!!!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next