Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs

Go down 
+14
kan_t
Atlanta Dan
BlackAndGold
Jazzo
solardave
Lokki
OX1947
Fire Arians
Steelcitian
QueenstownPa
jak341
FrancoLambert
El-Gonzo Jackson
stlrtruck
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs Empty
PostSubject: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 8:46 am

Since I didn't get a chance to watch the game except for seeing the score and the rare highlights during the games aired in the Tampa area, I can't really comment on this week's awards.

But for those who can...share away.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:06 am

gameballs- Williams and the O line, Shazier was all over, Ben for throwing 3 TD, props to interior line for shutting down Atkins rush

Goats- Ben for throwing 2 INT, AV for struggling in pass protection, Jarvis Jones for playing like.......Jarvis Jones
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:29 am

Gameballs: Jordan Berry - his consistent punting won the battle of field position over and over
Ryan Shazier - 11 tackles and blowing up plays in big spots
D'Angelo Williams - supplied just enough of a running game to win
Ben - for engineering a drive when it was needed most

Goats: Jarvis Jones - for dropping a butterfly that hit him in his hands
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:39 am

Gameballs:

• Jordan Berry - His punts kept the Bungles penned up in their own end.
  • Williams - kept the running game going while the passing game sputtered.
  • Shazier - dude was all over the field again.
  • Burns - broke up that pass in the endzone towards the end of the game.

Goats:

• Jones - was invisible. Didn't do anything good, but didn't make any mistakes that cost us, missed INT noted.
  • Officiating - awful all around. Inconsistent is the word I would use.
  • Antonio Brown - rare drop, but it cost us the drive.
Back to top Go down
QueenstownPa
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 9:45 am

Gameballs:
The D
DW
AB (because he is class)
Shazier
Harrison (because he is ageless)

Goats:
Mike Mitchell is a dipshit and he will cost us a game with his chicken shit, dirty, attitude.
Back to top Go down
Steelcitian

Steelcitian

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:04 am

I never really did this but I'm going to give this one a shot.

Gameballs:

The defense-really surprised me and had some shut down moments.

DeAngelo- He cuts, makes em miss and runs hard every time, every down, every game.

Ben-Even though he has 2 INTS on his stat sheet, very impressed with his plays. Stepping up into the pocket and that run for a first, hes looking extra spry this year.

Goats:
Jarvis Jones- Lets NOT shut up about Jarvis Jones. just not seeing what I thought he would be.

General goat-the stupid penalties.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 10:48 am

jak341 wrote:
[*]Burns - broke up that pass in the endzone towards the end of the game.
[/list]

I think it was the end of the half. I was gonna give Burns a Goat for this terrible display of tackling on Gio Bernard, but I figured the rookie gets a pass.

Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 11:25 am

QueenstownPa wrote:
Gameballs:  
The D
DW
AB (because he is class)
Shazier

Goats:
Mike Mitchell is a dipshit and he will cost us a game with his chicken shit, dirty, attitude.

With the climate the way it was leading up to the game, I was shocked he didn't draw a flag on that one play where he hit the receiver well after the play.

Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:14 pm

Gameballs:
Williams, Defense

Goats:
AB - really wasn't himself. Gladly it wasn't a losing effort. Dropped a critical 3rd down pass which could have haunted us
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:32 pm

Mike Mitchell is the current Kemo of this team. Moron who jumps in the air to hit someone in the helmet after 5 secs of the play being over. Tomlin better get on him for this. Getting to be very irritating.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 2:05 pm

OX1947 wrote:
Mike Mitchell is the current Kemo of this team. Moron who jumps in the air to hit someone in the helmet after 5 secs of the play being over. Tomlin better get on him for this. Getting to be very irritating.

Reminds me of Ryan Clark too. Clark used to dive in late and get us penalties at times.

I have to give a Gameball to the Outlaw, Jesse James too. He made a few good catches, including the one in the end zone with defenders all around him. He's still no Heath, but he is contributing.

Ben frustrated me a lot yesterday. Some of it was the ball slipping out of his hands, but some was just bad decisions. Kirkpatrick picks off a deep pass to Coates and then Ben goes right back there on I think the next series and Kirkpatrick almost picks it again. He did it again a bit later and Coates caught that one but I held my breath the whole time it was in the air.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 2:24 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
QueenstownPa wrote:
Gameballs:  
The D
DW
AB (because he is class)
Shazier

Goats:

With the climate the way it was leading up to the game, I was shocked he didn't draw a flag on that one play where he hit the receiver well after the play.

He looked like he was pulling up and there was another play where he jumped out of the way. All in all I thought he was composed.

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:36 pm

I agree with all of the gameballs that everyone has mentioned. Did anyone focus on our O-line closely during yesterday's game? I am just curious who you all think deserves the goat and the gameballs on our offensive line?

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Lokki wrote:
OX1947 wrote:

Reminds me of Ryan Clark too.  Clark used to dive in late and get us penalties at times.  

I have to give a Gameball to the Outlaw, Jesse James too.  He made a few good catches, including the one in the end zone with defenders all around him.  He's still no Heath, but he is contributing.  

Ben frustrated me a lot yesterday.  Some of it was the ball slipping out of his hands, but some was just bad decisions.  Kirkpatrick picks off a deep pass to Coates and then Ben goes right back there on I think the next series and Kirkpatrick almost picks it again. He did it again a bit later and Coates caught that one but I held my breath the whole time it was in the air.  

Piggybacking on Lokki's comments;

Good call on the game ball for Outlaw...that was a tough catch and he showed good hands.

As for the frustration with Ben...I like being unpredictable and going deep on third and short, but when you do it a lot, the element of surprise is lost.

I'd bet the Eagles coaches will be telling their CB's, "they like to go deep on third and short." "Be ready for it."

Get the first down and keep the drive going with a higher percentage pass.

Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:40 pm

Jarvis Jones draws a lot of teeth gnashing from Steelers fans. But he’s played well the first two games.

Jones hasn’t recorded a sack - the Steelers have just one in two games - but he’s had some pretty good pressures and the sacks will come.

Everything else Jones has done has been pretty solid.

Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs 1401235891

Don't see how Jarvis is a goat.
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 4:49 pm

He definitely was not a goat; he just continues to be a non-factor for the defense IMO. Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs 2087824411
First rounders that turn out to be non-factors are usually called busts.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:04 pm

Jazzo wrote:
I agree with all of the gameballs that everyone has mentioned. Did anyone focus on our O-line closely during yesterday's game? I am just curious who you all think deserves the goat and the gameballs on our offensive line?

I haven't broken anything down, but from just watching the O line play I saw Decastro and Gilbert looking pretty dominant. Pouncey must have had a hand in limiting Geno Atkins. AV was still sloppy in pass protection, but his long arms help him out. Although, I saw one play where he made a long arm punch and then drove the rusher into the ground...fun to see him improving his punch.

To summarize, DeCastro and Gilbert gameballs........AV not quite a goat, but gets the sheep of the week award.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:09 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:

Jarvis Jones draws a lot of teeth gnashing from Steelers fans. But he’s played well the first two games.

Jones hasn’t recorded a sack - the Steelers have just one in two games - but he’s had some pretty good pressures and the sacks will come.

Everything else Jones has done has been pretty solid.

Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs 1401235891

Don't see how Jarvis is a goat.

His 38 year old backup is a better player and more impactful to the team. That is how he is a goat. I would be hard pressed to find another 3-4 defense in the NFL where Jarvis Jones should be the starting OLB.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:34 pm

Gameballs - Williams & Shazier

Goats - hate to say it, but the home crowd

I was at the game and the downpour starting right before kickoff obviously was a pain

But I was surprised at the number of empty seats, the lack of noise generated by those who were there, and how many people had bailed after it got to 24-9 when the rain had pretty much quit

Ben seemed off all day but there was no crowd energy for anyone to feed off
Back to top Go down
BlackAndGold

BlackAndGold

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:37 pm

That doesn't make him a goat.

A goat brings noting to the game. Jarvis got pressure on the QB, and was stout against the run.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 6:55 pm

BlackAndGold wrote:
That doesn't make him a goat.

A goat brings noting to the game. Jarvis got pressure on the QB, and was stout against the run.

According to ESPN stat line Jones logged 1 solo tackle. 0 QB hits, 0 passes defended, 0 sacks.

I'll review the tape again to see this QB pressure he applied and the stout run defense that he brings. Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs 1549491426
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 1:36 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
Jazzo wrote:

I haven't broken anything down, but from just watching the O line play I saw Decastro and Gilbert looking pretty dominant.  Pouncey must have had a hand in limiting Geno Atkins.  AV was still sloppy in pass protection, but his long arms help him out.  Although, I saw one play where he made a long arm punch and then drove the rusher into the ground...fun to see him improving his punch.

To summarize, DeCastro and Gilbert gameballs........AV not quite a goat, but gets the sheep of the week award.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too, because I thought I saw Foster and Villanueva slip up here and there. Nevertheless, I must point out that overall, our O-line has made major improvements ever since Mike Munchak took over a few seasons ago. Everything seems to be finally falling into place also for our defense and special teams. I have a great feeling this season!!!!!!

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 4:10 am

When you are a Steelers linebacker, and want to live up to what that is, you make plays like Shazier and Deebo. You do not make yourself look good when you make 1 tackle in a 60 min game, as a starter and a bunch of "QB pressures".
Back to top Go down
kan_t

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:09 am

Jones probably is the best run defense OLB on the team. He is a good rotation OLB who could help shutting down the run. Just don't expect him to make any splash play and win any one-on-one battle.

To sum up, he's a good backup.

Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 10:56 am

kan_t wrote:
Jones probably is the best run defense OLB on the team. He is a good rotation OLB who could help shutting down the run. Just don't expect him to make any splash play and win any one-on-one battle.

To sum up, he's a good backup.

Yup, a backup is all that he is. I watched the 2nd half again and Cedric Obuehi at RT handled him pretty much. As a pass rush all he does is bull and when they stop his initial surge, there is nothing left as Jones just jogs to the play on the other side of the field. On the front side, pretty much the same initial burst gets stopped and then he doesn't have the speed or acceleration to get to the ballcarrier or QB.

Basically, if you watch Jarvis Jones play in isolation, he shows up just a bit late after somebody else makes the tackle or the sack, because he doesn't have the speed or technique to be the one that forces the play. Look at drafting another OLB in round 1 or 2 next year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs   Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs Empty

Back to top Go down

Wk2 (bungals): Goats and gameballs
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next