Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeIs Philly just cursed? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Is Philly just cursed?

Go down 
+3
Rick5895
Steeler-in-west
Fire Arians
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Is Philly just cursed? Empty
PostSubject: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 11:25 pm

Literally every time we played in Philly as long as I've been alive, I witness a total 'WTF' type of game. Last time was Ben getting sacked 9 times and now a terrible game on all phases.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptySun Sep 25, 2016 11:39 pm

I don't know, but from watching the highlights, it wasn't anything they did great, it was our poor tackling and surprisingly out of sync offense (mostly Ben and some key drops). I don't think we could've beaten the Browns today. Maybe the 'philly curse' is in the team's head
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 8:00 am

I put this on another thread....
This game made me reflect and the 2008 season comes to mind. Blowout win to start the season (Houston 38-17), tough win vs divisional opponent (Cleveland 10-6) then a trip to Philly where we got butt whooped. Scores are different but an ass kicking is an ass kicking! That team bounced back, let's see if this one can. I expect them to, too much talent, especially on offense for this to continue.
And BTW, if you're going to lose it's better against a NFC opponent than AFC or divisional opponent. To me this had trap all over it. Big win against Cinci, and big conference game vs KC on Sunday night. This was sandwiched and I would have guessed a similiar effort no matter who we would have played.
Back to top Go down
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 9:06 am

So I think this shows how bad the defense is from a pass rush and coverage perspective. Also, the OLB's never set the edge in the run game.

Still, 3 points on offense??
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:04 am

I think they had bus lag.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 10:05 am

El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
So I think this shows how bad the defense is from a pass rush and coverage perspective.  Also, the OLB's never set the edge in the run game.

Setting the edge was very much lacking yesterday. That's about the only value I was seeing out of Jones this season and he did o.k. yesterday ... the other 3 OLBs lost contain on a consistent basis. No
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 11:40 am

kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:
So I think this shows how bad the defense is from a pass rush and coverage perspective.  Also, the OLB's never set the edge in the run game.

Setting the edge was very much lacking yesterday. That's about the only value I was seeing out of Jones this season and he did o.k. yesterday ... the other 3 OLBs lost contain on a consistent basis. No

don't have the quality OLB the defense used to have or to run the 3-4 defense.

might as will switch to the 4-3. Is Philly just cursed? 1689750825

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2016 12:46 pm

effyou515 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

They definitely don't have the players for 4-3. Who are the two DE edge rushers? I believe every defensive lineman currently on the team would be more DT than DE edge rushers that are needed in the 4-3.

In regards to the poor pass rush, I have yet to see a Steelers game this year where they were looking to pressure the QB. Over the 3 games the number of times they've rushed more than 4 people can be counted on 1 hand. I bet they have dropped 8 into coverage more than they've rushed 5. And those OLBs have dropped in coverage as much, if not more, than rush the passer.

Everyone complained about young guys not playing on defense. Well, this is about what you get when you play rookies in the secondary. This is game #3, let's see how well those young guys are playing at game #10 and if the Steelers are able to blitz more then. Truth be told, their punter is the only guy that got off the bus in Philly. Chalk it up to a good old fashioned asswhipping and move on to next week. Putting too much stock into what happened yesterday.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2016 12:11 am

kirklandrules wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
El-Gonzo Jackson wrote:

They definitely don't have the players for 4-3. Who are the two DE edge rushers? I believe every defensive lineman currently on the team would be more DT than DE edge rushers that are needed in the 4-3.

In regards to the poor pass rush, I have yet to see a Steelers game this year where they were looking to pressure the QB. Over the 3 games the number of times they've rushed more than 4 people can be counted on 1 hand. I bet they have dropped 8 into coverage more than they've rushed 5. And those OLBs have dropped in coverage as much, if not more, than rush the passer.

Everyone complained about young guys not playing on defense. Well, this is about what you get when you play rookies in the secondary. This is game #3, let's see how well those young guys are playing at game #10 and if the Steelers are able to blitz more then. Truth be told, their punter is the only guy that got off the bus in Philly. Chalk it up to a good old fashioned asswhipping and move on to next week. Putting too much stock into what happened yesterday.

you're right about the Steelers DEs more like DTs, Stephon Tuitt and Javon Hargrove DTs and Cameron Hayward and Bud Dupree DEs Ryan Shazier MLB.

thinking outside of the box but Tuitt Hargrove and Shazier would make a very athletic middle for a 4-3 defense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Philly just cursed?   Is Philly just cursed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Philly just cursed?
Page 1 of 1