Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeOur Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday

Go down 
+4
El-Gonzo Jackson
LambertWardSteel
Fire Arians
Jazzo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jazzo

Jazzo

Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday Empty
PostSubject: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 10:35 am

I agree that our coaching was the difference in this last game against Dallas, but I have to admit that we looked so much better on offense this week. I already know I will probably hear all the negative whining from some of our crybaby fans, but I am optimistic that we will still make the playoffs. If you look at Baltimore's schedule, it is not an easy road. I say we finish 10-6 or 9-7 and still win the division. GO STEELERS!!!!!!

Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510 Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510 Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510 Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510 Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510 Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 3056903510

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 11:08 am

I'd hope so, I mean if we lose to the Browns, I don't know whether that's incredibly sad or freakin' hillarious in a sad way
Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyTue Nov 15, 2016 11:35 am

Fire Arians wrote:
I'd hope so, I mean if we lose to the Browns, I don't know whether that's incredibly sad or freakin' hillarious in a sad way

If we lose to Cleveland this upcoming Sunday, then Tomlin will definitely be on his way out of Pittsburgh. There would be absolutely no excuses for such a loss! That is how confident I am that we will win convincingly on Sunday.

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 12:58 am

In 1989 the Steelers started 4-6, turned it around to go 5-1 and finish 9-7, make the playoffs, won Wild Card in Houston, lost to Denver by 2-3 points in the divisional round. Despite everything they should be a game better than 89 at 5-5 after this weekend. I don't feel particularly confident that kind of run can or will happen again, but I don't remember feeling real good about that 89 team mid-season either. If nothing else it has been done before.

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:34 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
In 1989 the Steelers started 4-6, turned it around to go 5-1 and finish 9-7, make the playoffs, won Wild Card in Houston, lost to Denver by 2-3 points in the divisional round. Despite everything they should be a game better than 89 at 5-5 after this weekend. I don't feel particularly confident that kind of run can or will happen again, but I don't remember feeling real good about that 89 team mid-season either. If nothing else it has been done before.

This team has much better offensive weapons than the Bubby Brister Louis Lipps and Merril Hoge team. But, the defenses back then were much better and some guy wearing #26 was playing then.

I think the Steelers can still win the division this season, but the offense needs to do what it did last week, while the defense needs to start stopping the run and tackle better.
Back to top Go down
Atlanta Dan

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 11:52 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:

I recall not feeling good about that 1989 team going into the last weekend of the regular season Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday 1797695198

But they recovered to finish 9-7, winning at Tampa Bay on Christmas Eve then waiting to see what else played out around the league.

The Raiders (8-7) had to lose at the Giants (11-4) and did. The Colts (8-7) had to lose to the Saints (8-7) and did. The Dolphins had to lose at home to the Chiefs (7-7-1) and did. And the Bengals had to lose a season-ending Monday night game at the Vikings (9-6).

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/5302860-74/steelers-lose-game

8-8 might win the AFC North

Ravens are done playing the Browns - need to go 3-4 to finish 8-8

at Dallas Cowboys
Cincinnati Bengals
Miami Dolphins
at New England Patriots*
Philadelphia Eagles
at Pittsburgh Steelers
at Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals need to go 5-2 to finish 8-7-1

Buffalo Bills
at Baltimore Ravens
Philadelphia Eagles
at Cleveland Browns
Pittsburgh Steelers
at Houston Texans
Baltimore Ravens
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 5:35 pm

I think the Browns are in a bad spot and the Steelers will be using them to vent their frustrations. I don't like our playoff prospects though with Heyward out for the season. We already had ridiculously thin depth on our d-line and we just lost our single best defensive player.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 6:22 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think the Browns are in a bad spot and the Steelers will be using them to vent their frustrations. I don't like our playoff prospects though with Heyward out for the season. We already had ridiculously thin depth on our d-line and we just lost our single best defensive player.

Yeah, I created this thread before I found out about Cam, but I am still not giving up. Any of you fans on here who have read my past posts know how much I believe that the game is won in the trenches. If our D-line can't stop the run, we have no chance to make a run. I am hoping someone steps up big or Keith Butler works some magic, lol. Fuck man! That is all I can say right now.

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyWed Nov 16, 2016 9:16 pm

It's nice to see that somebody still believes in our team, lol.

Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday Ezekie10

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyThu Nov 17, 2016 4:53 pm

I think its gonna be a rough at first game, the second half we figure our own.
I reckon Crowell will get a buck and a half with a td.

27-16.
Back to top Go down
SteelerSpartan

SteelerSpartan

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday EmptyFri Nov 18, 2016 6:43 am

If all of Crowell Pryor and Coleman are playing....the defense will have their hands full.

Offense can't be laying anymore road turds.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday   Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday Empty

Back to top Go down

Our Winning Streak Begins This Upcoming Sunday
Page 1 of 1