Steelers Xtreme Forum

Hometop 4 in the college football as of right now Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

top 4 in the college football as of right now

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

top 4 in the college football as of right now Empty
PostSubject: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 2:21 am

Quote :
Peach Bowl: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Washington
Fiesta Bowl: No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Clemson

and the rest

Orange Bowl: No. 5 Michigan vs. No. 12 Florida State
Cotton Bowl: No. 17 Western Michigan vs. No. 7 Penn State
Rose Bowl: No. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 8 Colorado
Sugar Bowl: No. 9 Oklahoma vs. No. 14 Auburn

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/top-25-college-football-playoff-rankings-takeaways-from-fifth-release/ar-AAkWjf1?ocid=spartandhp

if Penn State beats Wisconsin they should leap frog Washington at No. 4.

if Wisconsin beats Penn State they should leap frog Washington at No. 4.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 8:30 am

As long as OSU loses in the first playoff game they play, I'll be happy.

It's been rigged for them since they lost to Penn State earlier in the year. And here's why I feel that way. When FSU lost to Louisville earlier in the year, the Seminoles dropped from #2 to #13. Louisville was ranked 10th. When OSU lost to PSU late in the season, PSU was unranked, yet OSU only fell to #6.

IMO, the system is still favoring schools who have a better media presence than field presence. IF OSU would've fallen like FSU did, would they be back in the picture? Probably not. But alas, the system didn't do it's job in all decisions after certain teams lost.

Just my 2 cents, but maybe it's time to extend the playoffs to the top 8. Make it more interesting, more fun, more precise on who deserves the national title!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION top 4 in the college football as of right now 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 2:04 pm

stlrtruck wrote:

It's been rigged for them since they lost to Penn State earlier in the year.  And here's why I feel that way.  When FSU lost to Louisville earlier in the year, the Seminoles dropped from #2 to #13.  Louisville was ranked 10th.  When OSU lost to PSU late in the season, PSU was unranked, yet OSU only fell to #6.

IMO, the system is still favoring schools who have a better media presence than field presence.  IF OSU would've fallen like FSU did, would they be back in the picture?  Probably not.  But alas, the system didn't do it's job in all decisions after certain teams lost.

Just my 2 cents, but maybe it's time to extend the playoffs to the top 8.  Make it more interesting, more fun, more precise on who deserves the national title!

Louisville beat FSU by 43 points OSU lost to PSU on a blocked field goal return TD.

I really don't see any body beating Alabama this season.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyWed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm

effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

It's been rigged for them since they lost to Penn State earlier in the year.  And here's why I feel that way.  When FSU lost to Louisville earlier in the year, the Seminoles dropped from #2 to #13.  Louisville was ranked 10th.  When OSU lost to PSU late in the season, PSU was unranked, yet OSU only fell to #6.

IMO, the system is still favoring schools who have a better media presence than field presence.  IF OSU would've fallen like FSU did, would they be back in the picture?  Probably not.  But alas, the system didn't do it's job in all decisions after certain teams lost.

Just my 2 cents, but maybe it's time to extend the playoffs to the top 8.  Make it more interesting, more fun, more precise on who deserves the national title!

Louisville beat FSU by 43 points OSU lost to PSU on a blocked field goal return TD.

As bad as the beating may have been from Louisville, they were also a ranked opponent. PSU, at the time, was unranked, and a game the talking heads thought was a sure thing for OSU.

OSU should've dropped more than 2 spots with the loss, but they didn't. Why?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 2:08 am

effyou515 wrote:
Quote :
Peach Bowl: No. 1 Alabama vs. No. 4 Washington
Fiesta Bowl: No. 2 Ohio State vs. No. 3 Clemson

and the rest

Orange Bowl: No. 5 Michigan vs. No. 12 Florida State
Cotton Bowl: No. 17 Western Michigan vs. No. 7 Penn State
Rose Bowl: No. 6 Wisconsin vs. No. 8 Colorado
Sugar Bowl: No. 9 Oklahoma vs. No. 14 Auburn

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/top-25-college-football-playoff-rankings-takeaways-from-fifth-release/ar-AAkWjf1?ocid=spartandhp

if Penn State beats Wisconsin they should leap frog Washington at No. 4.

if Wisconsin beats Penn State they should leap frog Washington at No. 4.

Update: #9 USC is playing #6 Penn State in the Rose Bowl. Should be a real good game. The winner should end up in the top 4.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyThu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 am

stlrtruck wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

As bad as the beating may have been from Louisville, they were also a ranked opponent.  PSU, at the time, was unranked, and a game the talking heads thought was a sure thing for OSU.

OSU should've dropped more than 2 spots with the loss, but they didn't.  Why?

A few corrections:
1. FSU dropped from #2 to #13 after losing to Louisville
2. OSU dropped from #2 to #6 after losing to Penn State

However the differences of dropping 11 spots by losing to a top 10 opponent vs. dropping only 4 by losing to unranked opponent don't make sense.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyFri Dec 09, 2016 11:36 pm

stlrtruck wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
stlrtruck wrote:

As bad as the beating may have been from Louisville, they were also a ranked opponent.  PSU, at the time, was unranked, and a game the talking heads thought was a sure thing for OSU.

OSU should've dropped more than 2 spots with the loss, but they didn't.  Why?

Because they're OSU and they always get favorable treatment.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptySat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 am

if Penn State didn't lose to Pitt or got blown out by Michigan they would be in the playoffs top 4 in the college football as of right now 3135543967

Still think Penn State should of jumped Washington for the #4 spot and got into the playoffs

Right or wrong the difference was Penn State loss to Pitt and Ohio State win over Oklahoma Penn State loss to Michigan which Ohio State beat, Penn State had 2 loses Ohio State had 1 loss.

I'm looking forward to next years Penn State vs Ohio State game because this season they were two young teams next year both will be powerhouses. I really like what coach Franklin has built at Penn State I see Penn State back on the national stage.

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now EmptyMon Jan 02, 2017 9:32 pm

Sam Darnold ...

USC no 4?

Great game by both SC and Penn St, Barkley and Darnold should be future stars in the NFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: top 4 in the college football as of right now   top 4 in the college football as of right now Empty

Back to top Go down

top 4 in the college football as of right now
Page 1 of 1