Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWho would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?

Go down 
+5
LambertWardSteel
JPPT1974
Jazzo
FrancoLambert
Fire Arians
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Arians

Fire Arians

Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? Empty
PostSubject: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 5:08 pm

Arguably 2 of the baddest Steeler players in history, who takes it?
Back to top Go down
FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 6:18 pm

IMO Mean Joe: strong, mean, "big" man over strong, mean, "little" man.

But Joe walks away saying to himself, "I don't want to see that guy again."

Harrison would have fit in perfectly with the 70's teams, being able to hit violently within the rules of the game at that time.....and not being routinely penalized.

Back to top Go down
Jazzo

Jazzo

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 6:41 pm

Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? 2639771_o Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? 2087824411 Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? James-harrison-punch

JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Back in the 1970's that would be old school football. Not the penalties that it is of today.

Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 6:58 pm

FrancoLambert wrote:
IMO Mean Joe: strong, mean, "big" man over strong, mean, "little" man.

But Joe walks away saying to himself, "I don't want to see that guy again."

Harrison would have fit in perfectly with the 70's teams, being able to hit violently within the rules of the game at that time.....and not being routinely penalized.

Players were smaller in those days. Mean Joe was about 275, which is about the same weight Harrison is right now, do as far as size goes, they'd be about equal. Harrison might be the physically stronger one of the two as well.

Both players do have that mean streak, but who knows, maybe Harrison more so cause I've NEVER seen that dude smile, ever. haha. All I know is if there were any way possible to see these 2 in their prime duke it out i'd pay to see it
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyTue Jan 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Probably Harrison. Lambert maybe more on the same fierce scale with James, so that would be a good fight too. I'd sooner not see Steelers fight though...much rather see any of those beat the hell out of brady. Lambert and Green could still do it at 60+, Harrison hopefully has the chance this weekend.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 2:14 am

I love Joe Greene, he's one of my all time favorites, and he's hands down the best defensive lineman to have every played for the Steelers.

But my money is on Deebo. I wouldn't want to piss off either of those guys, but James Harrison is just scary. Mean Joe was a mean kind of scary, Harrison looks like a guy that'd quietly rip your head off for looking at him the wrong way.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
El-Gonzo Jackson

El-Gonzo Jackson

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 am

If you said 25 year old Silverback vs 25 year old Mean Joe, I put money on Greene.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 3:06 am

I don't remember where I read or heard this story. Joe was a rookie and they were playing Da Bears.
They were kicking our butts and Butkus ( put himself in on STs) took a cheap shot on either Dwight or L.C. so Joe ran onto the field,grabbed Butkus by his helmet and said something to him up close and personal. The story is Butkus spun around and ran off of the field. I don't know if the story is true but I can see Joe doing that to Butkus.

All things being equal I don't know that either one (Joe or James) would quit or back down and I think it would be one hell of a fight.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2017 8:34 am

OUCH!!!

Jack Ham Jack Lambert and James Harrison before the Mel Blunt rule with Dwight White Joe Greene Ernie Holms and L. C. Greenwood in front of them damn I wouldn't want to run the ball against that d-front.

I'm old school but I think a young Joe Greene would take a young James Harrison Joe Greene was a very quick big man.

Joe Greene in his day, I never saw a DT who could shoot the guard center gap like Joe.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?   Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would win in a fight between Deebo or Mean Joe?
Page 1 of 1