Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBrowns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans

Go down 
+4
Stella Nation
solardave
IowaSteeler927
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans Empty
PostSubject: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 3:38 am

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Terrelle Pryor is drawing interest from his hometown Steelers, the Giants, 49ers, Titans and Eagles as the free agency two-day negotiating window opens on Tuesday at noon, league sources told cleveland.com.

There are likely other teams that will express interest too.

The Steelers are Pryor's hometown team, but they showed no interest in signing him last year after the Browns cut him and he was out of football for most of 2016. Pryor is also close with Steelers receiver Antonio Brown, who shares the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/03/browns_terrelle_pryor_drawing.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans Empty
PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 4:38 am

I don't see it. He put up good numbers for Cleveland and I think he'll probably find someone willing to pay him more handsomely than we would be. I think we're pretty well set with Brown, Bryant, and Rogers. The jury is still out on Coates and Ayers. I see the Steelers picking up a cheap veteran FA, or drafting another guy they think they can groom to be a playmaker.

That and didn't Pryor say he didn't want to play for the Steelers because it is his hometown and he thought there would be "focus" issues?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 4:54 am

I don't see it either. In Cleveland, he's a big fish in a small pond. But in Pittsburgh, he'd be a minnow. We're not going to pay him what he wants to be a 4th, or at best 3rd, receiver. He'll get the money he wants in another small pond.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 5:30 am

He'll be asking to much. I don't think we need him. The rumor is Brandon Marshall wants to play for us. If he'd come cheap I can see us leaning towards him but I just don't see the FO signing a WR FA. Money would be better spent on a pass rusher FA.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 5:46 am

solardave wrote:
Money would be better spent on a pass rusher FA.

Or a new offensive coordinator. Just sayin'. Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans 2981382511

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 6:22 am

I don't agree with you guys. I've seen a few Cleveland games last year, he's big and has good hands. He made some great catches and put up really good numbers despite having shitty qb's all year. It didn't matter to him who was playing at the helm, he was always a threat and that's a good sign.
Only problem is that we probably can't afford him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 6:40 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I don't agree with you guys. I've seen a few Cleveland games last year, he's big and has good hands. He made some great catches and put up really good numbers despite having shitty qb's all year. It didn't matter to him who was playing at the helm, he was always a threat and that's a good sign.

I don't think anyone said he wasn't talented, he's just not realistic for us. Like Wally said, he'll go somewhere where he's the big fish. If he comes to Pittsburgh he'd definitely be behind guys like Brown, and maybe even Bryant who is more familiar with the system, and has proven he can play in our offense.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 8:52 am

Stella Nation wrote:

Stella your last statement says it all. His asking price is 10mil per year. My guess is we roll with Bryant and pray he has his head on straight.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 9:19 am

Stella Nation wrote:

I'm with you he put up good numbers in a crappy offense and is still learning the position. think he would pair nicely with AB.

its only money Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 10:23 am

I was more reacting at "the 3rd receiver at best" and the "I don't think we need him" ;-)
I think we could use him very well as our 2nd receiver to pair with AB, but as everyone stated he isn't affordable unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
SteelerinDC71
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 1:31 pm

He was Cleveland's best target last year with shitty QB's he would be an upgrade to what we have right now.
He can catch the contested balls, he's also a deep threat if you're relying on Sammie Coates with his broken fingers and even before he broke his fingers he was 50/50, or Martavias then you're not being realistic with your expectations for this group of WR's.

Both Martavias and Sammie has displayed problems with catching the jump balls and contested throws. This guy would be an upgrade in that area, I don't know about the speed but I know he catches the ball.

Tell me you're not nervous every time you see Sammie or Martavious going up for a contested throw.

With Ben this guy could be what Josh Gordon was b4 he got suspended, hopefully without the issues.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyTue Mar 07, 2017 6:01 pm

He will want too much money. It all comes down to the economics and the money isn't there to pay him what he is looking to get paid. It's just not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyWed Mar 08, 2017 5:52 am

SteelerinDC71 wrote:
He was Cleveland's best target last year with shitty QB's he would be an upgrade to what we have right now.
He can catch the contested balls, he's also a deep threat if you're relying on Sammie Coates with his broken fingers and even before he broke his fingers he was 50/50, or Martavias then you're not being realistic with your expectations for this group of WR's.

Both Martavias and Sammie has displayed problems with catching the jump balls and contested throws. This guy would be an upgrade in that area, I don't know about the speed but I know he catches the ball.

I agree with you about Coates but not Bryant. If he has his act together he IS the #2 hands down. I don't think comparing Bryant to Coates as far as skill set is a legitimate argument.

Tell me you're not nervous every time you see Sammie or Martavious going up for a contested throw.

Yeah Coates makes me nervous but what games are you watching that Bryant played in that he makes anyone nervous. You talk like he drops a lot of balls. Now if you want to compare Bryant to Gordon (bonehead to bonehead) I'll go along with that. Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans 1797695198

With Ben this guy could be what Josh Gordon was b4 he got suspended, hopefully without the issues.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans EmptyFri Mar 10, 2017 4:13 pm

Pryor to the 'Skins.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18875287/terrelle-pryor-signing-washington-redskins
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans   Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans Empty

Back to top Go down

Browns' Terrelle Pryor drawing interest from Steelers, Giants, 49ers, Eagles and Titans
Page 1 of 1