Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTerrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers   Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 12:01 pm

Posted by Darin Gantt

The Steelers were able to reel in Bruce Gradkowski to be their backup quarterback this offseason, in part, because of the allure of playing in his hometown.

But that might have cost them another quarterback.

Raiders starter Terrelle Pryor said that Steelers coach Mike Tomlin offered to take him in the 2011 supplemental draft, but that he balked at the chance to return to his roots.

Pryor grew up in the Pittsburgh suburb of Jeanette, and thought that might put too much pressure on a pro career that didn’t start smoothly anyway.

“Mike said, ‘Hey, I’ll draft you if you want to play here,’ ” Pryor said, via Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “But he gave me a story about when he was down in Tampa Bay about a quarterback [Shaun King] that was there, and he ended up being in the same hometown. It was just hard for him; he ended up cutting out because of all the distractions. . . .

“I had to say no because, at a young age, I didn’t want to be near home and have distractions around me.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/24/terrelle-pryor-says-he-turned-down-steelers/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers   Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 8:23 am

So he goes to a loser organization instead? That makes sense.
Back to top Go down

Terrelle Pryor says he turned down Steelers
Page 1 of 1