Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers

Go down 
+8
Lokki
Drizztbob
jak341
OX1947
SteelersNorth
SteelerFreak58
stlrtruck
Wallace108
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Linebacker Dont’a Hightower is wrapping up a meeting with the Jets and he’s scheduled to move on to visit with the team the Patriots* beat in the AFC Championship Game earlier this year.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Hightower is scheduled to visit the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/donta-hightower-set-for-steelers-visit/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 1:07 pm

Not so sure we'd be able to fit him in with the money.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION  Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyMon Mar 13, 2017 2:25 pm

Rather roll with Williams this year and groom a draft pick for next year. Hightower will be way to expensive.
Back to top Go down
SteelersNorth

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:31 am

I think it might be a good signing.
Timmons only had 1 or 2 more years left as he turns 31 this year had he stayed.
Hightower is 27; so odds are you would get him for 3 years maybe 4 at a very high level as I'm sure he'll want a 5 year deal.

Vince Williams is not the answer though even if it is for only 1 season.
I'd rather then draft a guy to step right in since it'll almost be the same thing.
Back to top Go down
OX1947

OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 12:21 pm

There is a better chance of me marrying Kate Upton than signing this guy. Why are they even wasting his time?
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 pm

OX1947 wrote:
There is a better chance of me marrying Kate Upton than signing this guy. Why are they even wasting his time?

We're probably kicking the tires at least. This meeting benefits the Patriots* the most. They didn't want to franchise him, so they let him walk and get market value.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 1:18 pm

Yeah if we aint paying Timmons 6 Mil per year, we mos def are not paying Hightower 10mil a year!!

Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 5:40 pm

Just got an update on my phone that we made an offer and will pull the offer if he leaves without signing it. No details on the offer though.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:48 pm

hightower was second on my wish list in the 2012 draft after ....decasto
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyTue Mar 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Lokki wrote:
Just got an update on my phone that we made an offer and will pull the offer if he leaves without signing it.  No details on the offer though.  
hmmm..speculation is he will be resigning with NE anyway.  the steelers by yanking their offer as soon as he leaves i guess is meant so he can't use them as a bargaining chip against the Pats**.

edit - and then i found this confirming..
Quote :

Fed-up Steelers give Dont'a Hightower an ultimatum

The Steelers have been welcoming free agents to the South Side for the past couple of days, and it seems at least a couple haven’t been impressed by the hospitality.

Linebacker Jay Elliott was the guest Monday, and he re-upped with Green Bay by the end of the night. Davon House pulled the same move Tuesday, inking a deal with the Packers before he even left Pittsburgh.

So by the time it was linebacker Dont'a Hightower’s turn to negotiate, the Steelers were not in the mood for shenanigans.

#Steelers don't want Dont'a Hightower using them. He's left HQ, but he's been told if he gets on plane w/out signing, that offer is gone.
— Aditi Kinkhabwala (@AKinkhabwala) March 14, 2017

Steelers told Dont'a Hightower their offer is off the table if he leaves, @AKinkhabwala reports. Team doesn't want to be used to scare NE.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) March 14, 2017

Stone cold, though no one should be surprised it’s come to this. The Steelers don’t usually like to splash in the free agency pool to begin with. One imagines they definitely don’t like bringing players in for serious negotiations only to be used as leverage.

Hightower left the facility without a contract, so things don’t look promising on that front. But hey, maybe he’s sitting in the parking lot at the airport still mulling things over.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/03/14/donta-hightower-steelers-free-agency-rumors-jay-elliott-davon-house/stories/201703140200
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 4:45 am

Hightower isn't going anywhere, he's just using us and the Jets to scare the Patriots** into offering him more money. Steelers ain't got time for that crap.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 6:42 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Hightower isn't going anywhere, he's just using us and the Jets to scare the Patriots*** into offering him more money. Steelers ain't got time for that crap.

Exactly. I just read they pulled the offer.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyWed Mar 15, 2017 10:38 pm

Drizztbob wrote:
Yeah if we aint paying Timmons 6 Mil per year, we mos def are not paying Hightower 10mil a year!!
he is looking for 12 million a year.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 9:34 am

He gone!

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 11:11 am

Drizztbob wrote:
He's a cheater again!

Fixed it for you  Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers 1549491426

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION  Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyThu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

Lol!

FrancoLambert

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 7:48 pm

CBS Sports reported today that Hightower was actually offered more money by the Steelers (9M/year) and the Jets, yet he chose to remain with the Patriots* for slightly less at 8.7M/year
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyThu Mar 23, 2017 10:23 pm

It is kinda of hard to argue against the Patriots*, especially if championships are your driving force.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers EmptyFri Mar 24, 2017 8:51 am

jak341 wrote:
It is kinda of hard to argue against the Patriots**, especially if championships are your driving force.

Except that to play for them you have to leave your morals and integrity at the door. What he did in free agency shows why he could play for Belicheck. He's a douche-bag.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers    Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont’a Hightower to meet with Steelers
Page 1 of 1