Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment

Go down 
+5
effyou515
Mach1
SteelerFreak58
Wallace108
Hawaii 5-0
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment Empty
PostSubject: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Mark Madden: Little tweaks could give Steelers much-needed attitude adjustment

MARK MADDEN | Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018

This is one of the most talented groups the Steelers have assembled: Four first-team All-Pros. Eight Pro Bowlers. The NFL's best wide receiver. A Hall-of-Fame quarterback. One of the league's top running backs.

But this group won't ever win.

New England, under Coach Bill Belichick, shows up for work. Jacksonville, under VP/football ops Tom Coughlin, shows up for work.

The Steelers, under Coach Mike Tomlin, show up for (to quote Red Forman) super wonderful crazy fun time. They yap constantly and indulge counterproductive stupidity. This season was nonstop chaos dipped in arrogance, and it added up to looking ahead to an AFC championship game rematch with the Patriots* that won't happen.

to read rest of article:

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/13187247-74/mark-madden-little-tweaks-could-give-steelers-much-needed-attitude-adjustment
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 2:05 pm

Madden isn't wrong. Although I don't completely agree with his assessment of Vince Williams.

I don't know if it's the core problem, but it certainly contributes ... the Steelers' bark is worse than their bite. They need to start letting their actions speak for them.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:11 pm

This current team has zero reason to be so boastful and arrogant. They have done nothing in the grand scheme of things except underperform with the rediculous amount of talent that is on the team.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 3:20 pm

Is it to late to "release hell". Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment 1797695198

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyWed Jan 17, 2018 5:26 pm

need to draft a ILB and bring in a free agent ILB for a couple of years and draft another ILB in the 2019 draft.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 4:35 am

I actually agree with Mark Madden... Shocked

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 4:56 am

I agree with Mitchell and Porter. Lake and Butler must go too. Unfortunately I only see them cut ties with Mitchell. I don't understand the need to let go VW though. He's not the best but we're already extremely thin at ILB. Even with him, we need 2 extra at the position. Spence, Fort and Matakevich are simply not good enough for a team with high hopes. Only one of them should make the roster next year as the 4th option.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 5:14 am

I can't argue with a thing he said. Porter is just what he says he is. I'll add a little: Mitchell is not only mouthy but he has had his fair share of late hits. That doesn't show anyone how tough he is. It shows he's not a thinker. ( I do think the blind side "block" on him looked a lot like Ju Ju's hit on Burfict)
Vince Williams is a backup but it's next man up. So it's up to Tomlin and Colbert to find someone to place in the lineup in front of him and Spence. Neither one is a starter. Maybe Matakevich can fill the gap next year. Pun intended. I'm really hoping Porter and Lake get the ax. I didn't care for POrter's mouth when he was a player but he did his job. More than I can say about him now. I was a big Lake fan when he played but as a coach not so much.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment EmptyThu Jan 18, 2018 7:33 am

Mach1 wrote:
Is it to late to "release hell". Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment 1797695198

No, I think you're right on time. Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment 1664291743 Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment 1689750825

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment   Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Madden: Steelers need attitude adjustment
Page 1 of 1