Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers   Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers EmptyFri Sep 30, 2022 10:43 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/mark-madden-despite-reputation-mike-tomlin-needs-to-be-better-for-steelers/

Quote :
Tomlin says, “We need volunteers, not hostages.”

Ingram said, “The situation wasn’t what I thought it was going to be.”

Highsmith leads the NFL in sacks with 4½. Ingram had quite the first three games for Miami. He scored a defensive touchdown, recovered two fumbles, forced another, had two sacks and three tackles for loss.

It’s not a debate over who is better. Both are playing very well.

But the Steelers needed both.

Imho when the Steelers signed Ingram I thought they would rotate the 3 OLBers mostly with Ingram and Highsmith but he was left to rot on the bench.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers   Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 6:21 am

Yeah we muffed the Ingram deal but calling TJ brittle just shows that Madden is an attention whore and I don't like him. He obviously doesn't even like the Steelers. Go write for Dallas.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers   Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers EmptySat Oct 01, 2022 9:49 am

I was focused on Ingram a talented LB and how Tomlin didn't get him on the field and now the Steelers sure could use him and his talent now with an injured TJ.

I think you could say coach cliché really misread this one, imho if you sign a talented LB like Ingram let him rot on the bench then say “We need volunteers, not hostages.” that quote sounded dumb to me.

And once again the truth is found

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers   Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers EmptyMon Oct 03, 2022 3:01 am

solardave wrote:
Yeah we muffed the Ingram deal but calling TJ brittle just shows that Madden is an attention whore and I don't like him. He obviously doesn't even like the Steelers. Go write for Dallas.

Yeah that's a pretty stupid thing to say about TJ, he's been pretty damn solid for us. Sure he has missed a game or two each season but he's never had a major injury until now. It's not like he's James Connor, who was injured like every other time he got tackled.

I do agree with him (as gross as that makes me feel to say it) regarding Tomlin though. Tomlin needs to stop treating his players like his friends and start treating them like a damn football coach. It just irritates me that when these guys are making stupid, stupid mental mistakes and dropping balls and what not and he's just standing there emotionless on the sideline. I saw more emotion out of freaking Bill Belichick in the Packers game yesterday, than I saw from Tomlin.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers   Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Mark Madden: Despite reputation, Mike Tomlin needs to be better for Steelers
Page 1 of 1