Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers sign LB Jon Bostic Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic

Go down 
+4
Stella Nation
SteelerFreak58
solardave
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic Empty
PostSubject: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 11:18 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 11:23 am

Damn Wally you beat me to it.

SUPERBOWL!!!! Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1797695198

Seriously he called their plays on defense. I think this is a good move. We still need at least one ILB in this draft.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:24 pm

Classic Colbert signing. Cheap with low mileage and possible starting caliber find.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 2:58 pm

I like the signing, he's a good player. Only question I have is his coverage against TE's and RB's going downfield. That's where the Steelers suffered the most after Shazier's injury. But his an every down linebacker and he's very good against the run.

I wonder what his contract will look like and if they've got the money left to sign a safety. If they can do that, they can go into the draft with only 1 LB and 1 safety needed.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 8:59 pm

judging by this guys history , he's not even a lock to make the 53 roster , so don't get your hopes to high. this guy fits into the BUST category. 3 teams have lost draft currency taking a chance on him.

the guy was a 5 star high school recruit. played well at florida.  had a great combine and dabears pick him in the second at #50. he started 9 games as a rookie and 8 games his second year .

dabears trade their second rd pick of only 2 years to NE for a 6th rd pick. loss bears

NE dressed him for 11 games and started him in one , where he recorded an assist tackle.

NE trades him the following year for a conditional 7th to detroit. bostic gets hurt , gets placed on IR and gets cut after the season. ...loss NE...loss detroit

colts pluck him off the scrap heap , starts 14 games ,gets injured, gets cut.  

now he's a steeler....

the moral of the story here is, all these teams got an extended look at Bostic and even let him start a few games , BUT , nobody thought he was worth keeping...EVEN...as a backup .. Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1505004552

so now we have vince williams ( who i guarantee would not be a starter on any other team ) 2.0 possibly starting on the other side Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1883569342
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptySun Mar 18, 2018 9:33 pm

How does the addition of Jon Bostic change the Steelers' offseason plans?

By: Curt Popejoy

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/03/18/how-does-the-addition-of-jon-bostic-change-the-steelers-offseason-plans/4/
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 6:40 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
judging by this guys history , he's not even a lock to make the 53 roster , so don't get your hopes to high. this guy fits into the BUST category. 3 teams have lost draft currency taking a chance on him.

the guy was a 5 star high school recruit. played well at florida.  had a great combine and dabears pick him in the second at #50. he started 9 games as a rookie and 8 games his second year .

dabears trade their second rd pick of only 2 years to NE for a 6th rd pick. loss bears

NE dressed him for 11 games and started him in one , where he recorded an assist tackle.

NE trades him the following year for a conditional 7th to detroit. bostic gets hurt , gets placed on IR and gets cut after the season. ...loss NE...loss detroit

now he's a steeler....

the moral of the story here is, all these teams got an extended look at Bostic and even let him start a few games , BUT , nobody thought he was worth keeping...EVEN...as a backup .. Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1505004552

so now we have vince williams ( who i guarantee would not be a starter on any other team ) 2.0 possibly starting on the other side Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1883569342

In 13 of the 14 games he played last year he played ALL the snaps. He was the leader of their defense and the reason he was cut this season is because the Colts have a new coach and he wants a new system. All the players (the good ones included) who don't fit the new system were cut.

But I agree, Bostic is the same type of player as VW and I expect him to battle for the starting job with VW. Bostic will certainly make the 53. He's way better than Matakevich, Fort and Spence. We still need another type of LB to start opposite of VW/Bostic though as I don't see them together on the field.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:14 am

The more I read up n Bostic the more I like the signing. He has the ability to take over the starting Mack spot and can stuff the run the area we need a lot of improvement.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Bostic's last tweet was on August 5th. I like him already.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 6:32 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

now he's a steeler....

and heeeeeere's Debbie Downer.  
Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic Giphy

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyMon Mar 19, 2018 11:53 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

now he's a steeler....

Jon Bostic’s 1st & 2nd Down Career Run Tackle Stats Match Up To Ryan Shazier’s

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/jon-bostics-1st-2nd-down-career-run-tackle-stats-match-up-to-ryan-shaziers/
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 2:47 am

Jon Bostic and Bud Dupree as ILBs Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic 1797695198 and turn them lose on 1st and 2nd run defense.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyTue Mar 20, 2018 10:02 am

Bostic is an improvement over Dupree for sure, and WORLDS better than Spence. Just needs to stay upright. He would be part one of a two part replacement for Shazier. Part two will be addressed in April...

Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic EmptyWed Mar 21, 2018 12:20 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Bostic's last tweet was on August 5th. I like him already.

Ben LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic   Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers sign LB Jon Bostic
Page 1 of 1