Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick

Go down 
+2
Stella Nation
Hawaii 5-0
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick Empty
PostSubject: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyWed Apr 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick

The odds are posted! Take your best punch at SCI publisher Jim Wexell's odds on the Steelers' first draft pick.

Jim Wexell - Apr 24

I present the odds on which player becomes the Steelers' first pick in the 2018 NFL draft:

to read article:

https://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Odds-Favor-Defender-For-Steelers-First-Pick-117632270
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 am

I'm not excited for tonight's draft. Imo there are not enough first-round guys this year and none will last until 28 and if one falls it'll be a player that we don't need like Jaire Alexander. Maybe some nice OL-guy that will drop to us. Or Vander Esch, but I don't trust his neck issues. I'm more optimistic about day 2 and 3 as this draft class is pretty deep.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 4:35 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
I'm not excited for tonight's draft. Imo there are not enough first-round guys this year and none will last until 28 and if one falls it'll be a player that we don't need like Jaire Alexander. Maybe some nice OL-guy that will drop to us. Or Vander Esch, but I don't trust his neck issues. I'm more optimistic about day 2 and 3 as this draft class is pretty deep.
the 28th pick is only 4 picks from being a 2nd rd pick ? Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Evaluating talent isn't an exact science, but some teams (including the Steelers) are better at it than others. I've learned to ignore the "expert" analysts and hold final judgment until the players hit the field.

Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick DbuCF2mXkAAIz1Y?format=jpg

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 5:50 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
the 28th pick is only 4 picks from being a 2nd rd pick ? Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick 2087824411

Pick 33 is not the equivalent of a day 2 or 3 pick or an indication of the depth of a draft class. And after yesterday I think you know what I mean now. Some drafts there are 40 players with a first-round grade and then it doesn't matter if you have a late first-round pick, but this year there were only 20-25 players with first-round grades and then problems can arise when at your positions of need there's a big gap between the first-round grades (Fitzpatrick, James, Smith, Tremaine Edmunds, LVE, Evans) and the second- till third-round grades (Bates, Reid, Jefferson, Leonard, Edmunds).

Steelers could and should have taken Harold Landry, but they just picked up the fifth-year option on Bud Dupree. They could have taken Sony Michel, but they're not going to spend a first-round on a RB with Bell still on the team. They can rescind that tag but that's not the way how they do business. Another option could have been a guard like Hernandez, which would have been fine for me. Now they've taken a guy at a position of need who probably would have gone somewhere in round 3. A reach à la Artie Burns what I feared, hence why I wasn't excited.

Otoh, when Shazier walked to the podium, that gave such a great feeling that was better than any first-round pick could have given me. So I was excited after all.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:18 am

I trust the FO and coaches. They get more value for their picks then most teams. Yes there have been busts but for the most part this organization has a great scouting, and development process. Late round picks are the price you pay for continuously getting to the second season and being one of the premier organizations in all of sports.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 11:52 am

they should have traded up and snagged tremaine edwards. i think the guy would have been worth it.

in 2003 they traded up from #27 to #16.  it cost them their first #27, a third #92, and a 6th # 200.

the bills gave up their #22 pick and a third to move up to #16.
we had an extra 3rd !!! and even an extra 5th.... Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick 1505004552

when edmunds hit 14 i started yelling trade up ! trade uuuuup !!!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Evaluating talent isn't an exact science, but some teams (including the Steelers) are better at it than others. I've learned to ignore the "expert" analysts and hold final judgment until the players hit the field.

Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick DbuCF2mXkAAIz1Y?format=jpg

Yeah, I agree with this on all counts. I figured a surprise was coming when the names linked to the Steelers started dropping but the pick still puzzled me other than it being a safety. I have faith for the calls the Steelers make in regards to draft picks. JuJu left me feeling surprised last year and it turned out great. Listening to Colbert talk about this guy I love the versatility he brings and he does seem like a Steeler player.

Looking forward to 3 picks tonight and another great WR pick Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick 792589548
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick   Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick Empty

Back to top Go down

Wexell: Odds Favor Defender For Steelers' First Pick
Page 1 of 1