Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSunday's weather could favor the Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers Empty
PostSubject: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Quote :
Oddsmakers favor the Steelers over Jacksonville on Sunday, and the weather might too.

The forecast for Sunday at Heinz Field is for a high temperature of 18 degrees with a low of 7. Wind chill factors could drive the feel-like temperature downward.

A team from Florida that rarely played in such cold against a team of frosty veterans in Pittsburgh? Advantage, Steelers?

“I don’t know, I think it depends on the players and things of that nature,” said Jacksonville coach Doug Marrone, who also has coached in Buffalo. “We’ve been fortunate that we have played in some cold weather this year.”

Quote :
They were not so fortunate to have won in it, though.

The only game the Jaguars played where the temperature was below freezing came on New Year’s Eve in Nashville, Tenn. It was 23 degrees at kickoff, and the Tennessee Titans won, 15-10.

Quote :
That loss in Tennessee is typical for the Jaguars — they are 1-8 in games, regular season and playoffs, in which the temperature is 25 degrees or lower.

Full article here:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/10/steelers-jaguars-playoff-preview-pittsburgh-weather-forecast-heinz-field/stories/201801100142
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 8:07 am

The weather 'should' be a non-factor. The Steelers need to come out and dominate and let the physicality of their play be the key factor.

Dominate the LOS on offense and get TDs not FGs!
Dominate the LOS on defense, stop Fournette, and punish Bortles.

Game - Set - Match!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 9:07 am

Jan 13, 14
Pittsburgh, PA.
Weather
Saturday hi 28* low 2* snow 100% partly sunny
Sunday hi 14* low 7* snow 90% sunny

Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 2829330259 for some odd reason the field heaters quit working late Saturday night. Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 2087824411 Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 312503953

going to be a cold day in the Burgh Sunday. Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 am

It's in the high 50s today, low 50s tomorrow, and then somewhere between 15 and 18 Sunday. I wish it was cold the entire week. The warm weather we have now will make Sunday's cold feel even colder. But I'll still be at Heinz doing my part. Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 792589548

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 11:00 am

Wallace108 wrote:
It's in the high 50s today, low 50s tomorrow, and then somewhere between 15 and 18 Sunday. I wish it was cold the entire week. The warm weather we have now will make Sunday's cold feel even colder. But I'll still be at Heinz doing my part. Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 792589548

I'd love to be there no matter how cold it gets. Hope it's a great game (by great I mean 40-0 us.) Enjoy yourself Wally with your son. I think that's a special day for you.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:14 pm

solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

I'd love to be there no matter how cold it gets. Hope it's a great game (by great I mean 40-0 us.) Enjoy yourself Wally with your son. I think that's a special day for you.

Yeah, we've been to regular season games, but this is our first playoff game, so we're both excited. Right now we're watching the temperature like it's the stock market, hoping it gets to 20. It's supposed to be sunny and dry, so there's that.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers EmptyThu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
solardave wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Yeah, we've been to regular season games, but this is our first playoff game, so we're both excited. Right now we're watching the temperature like it's the stock market, hoping it gets to 20. It's supposed to be sunny and dry, so there's that.

Is that a dry cold or a wet cold?

Either way, suck it up buttercup, it's the damn playoffs!

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers   Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunday's weather could favor the Steelers
Page 1 of 1