Steelers Xtreme Forum

Home2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
solardave
Wallace108
LambertWardSteel
jak341
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds Empty
PostSubject: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 pm

I feel underwhelmed.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 11:54 pm

jak341 wrote:
I feel underwhelmed.

Yeah, I can feel that too. That said they know more about it than I do. Just when I think they made a pick that makes no sense I remember JuJu or pulling an AB in the 6th round.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 2:46 am

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 3:42 am

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/terrell-edmunds?id=32462018-0002-5601-25af-a59d7c8988a5
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 5:59 am

They should have traded down but with Shazier announcing the pick they probably didn't want to do that. Imo they are too focused on stopping the Patriots* as one of this guy's biggest strenghts is covering TE's, but I think he's not strong enough to stop Gronk. He will be used as a hybrid LB/S, basically what Deone Bucannon does for the Cardinals. He's kind of Shazier's replacement. I think they will still draft a FS somewhere, but maybe not as early as expected.

Looking forward to tonight. I hope they get Washington, St Brown or Pettis as receiver and Reid or Bates at FS. Awesome to have an extra 3rd-round pick in this draft.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 9:53 am

From what I have been reading on him the kid looks like a versatile player that will be able to help this team a ton. They tried to move up to get Evans but it didn’t work out so they went with the second area of need. I am content with the pick sure it could have been another Safety that was projected but I trust the process the FO and coaches go through to decide on players.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 10:39 am

Stella Nation wrote:
They should have traded down but with Shazier announcing the pick they probably didn't want to do that. Imo they are too focused on stopping the Patriots** as one of this guy's biggest strenghts is covering TE's, but I think he's not strong enough to stop Gronk. He will be used as a hybrid LB/S, basically what Deone Bucannon does for the Cardinals. He's kind of Shazier's replacement. I think they will still draft a FS somewhere, but maybe not as early as expected.

Looking forward to tonight. I hope they get Washington, St Brown or Pettis as receiver and Reid or Bates at FS. Awesome to have an extra 3rd-round pick in this draft.

but burnette was also used as a hybrid lb/safety.

i'd think that with the addition of a second strong safety, that the intention is to move davis to free safety. they passed up the best FS prospect to pick edmunds. justin reed. could be they passed on reed because of his brother and the kneeling thing.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 12:16 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 1:06 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:
They should have traded down but with Shazier announcing the pick they probably didn't want to do that. Imo they are too focused on stopping the Patriots**** as one of this guy's biggest strenghts is covering TE's, but I think he's not strong enough to stop Gronk. He will be used as a hybrid LB/S, basically what Deone Bucannon does for the Cardinals. He's kind of Shazier's replacement. I think they will still draft a FS somewhere, but maybe not as early as expected.

but burnette was also used as a hybrid lb/safety.

i'd think that with the addition of a second strong safety, that the intention is to move davis to free safety. they passed up the best FS prospect to pick edmunds.  justin reed.  could be they passed on reed because of his brother and the kneeling thing.

Yeah, but Burnett is more a safety than a hybrid, Edmunds is a natural hybrid. I think the defense will change a lot this year. More subpackages with 3 safeties and more difficulties for the opponent in guessing what we're going to do. Edmunds is both good in covering the zone and covering man to man. He can cover the TE or the RB. Davis will indeed move to free safety. In contradiction to what I said earlier I don't think they will draft another safety. Berhe will be #4. He and Edmunds are both excellent special teamers, so that's a bonus.

In short, I like the position, I like the player, but it's a huge reach and they should have traded down. His SPARQ-test shows he's a typical Steeler btw.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/terrell-edmunds

Today I certainly expect a LB and a WR and maybe a NT or a OL. We'll see.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 4:54 pm

I like the pick for this hybrid defense the Steelers are putting together.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:30 pm

by Mike Mayock

28. Terrell Edmunds, S, Pittsburgh Steelers

He's a very physical football player. Played him a lot in the box, almost played Dime linebacker. Explosive athlete. I think the key here is he can match tight ends.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928836/article/mike-mayocks-pickbypick-draft-analysis-for-round-1-results
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

Quote :
Edmunds' father, Ferrell, was a tight end with the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks. Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert was scouting for Miami when the Dolphins drafted Ferrell Edmunds and has a history with the family.
Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin dined with the Edmunds family the night before Virginia Tech's pro day, which was March 14. Edmunds said his mother peppered the Steelers brass with questions.
"To see that family interact, it was encouraging to see two great players coming from such a great family," Colbert said. "It was a neat moment."
It was the first time the Steelers selected a safety in the first round since taking Troy Polamalu in 2003.
Edmunds will join a reconfigured secondary that added safety Morgan Burnett in free agency. After the season, the Steelers released veteran safeties Mike Mitchell and Robert Golden and cornerback William Gay.
Colbert said Edmunds can play free safety, strong safety and nickel linebacker, and he can match up against slot receivers.
"There is a lot that he can do," Colbert said. "Really, he's a four-down player in our opinion."

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13582142-74/steelers-take-s-terrell-edmunds-with-1st-pick

I really like this pick.

Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Quote :
Edmunds' father, Ferrell, was a tight end with the Miami Dolphins and Seattle Seahawks. Steelers general manager Kevin Colbert was scouting for Miami when the Dolphins drafted Ferrell Edmunds and has a history with the family.
Colbert and coach Mike Tomlin dined with the Edmunds family the night before Virginia Tech's pro day, which was March 14. Edmunds said his mother peppered the Steelers brass with questions.
"To see that family interact, it was encouraging to see two great players coming from such a great family," Colbert said. "It was a neat moment."
It was the first time the Steelers selected a safety in the first round since taking Troy Polamalu in 2003.
Edmunds will join a reconfigured secondary that added safety Morgan Burnett in free agency. After the season, the Steelers released veteran safeties Mike Mitchell and Robert Golden and cornerback William Gay.
Colbert said Edmunds can play free safety, strong safety and nickel linebacker, and he can match up against slot receivers.
"There is a lot that he can do," Colbert said. "Really, he's a four-down player in our opinion."

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13582142-74/steelers-take-s-terrell-edmunds-with-1st-pick

I really like this pick.

I do too the more I learn.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyFri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
They should have traded down but with Shazier announcing the pick they probably didn't want to do that. Imo they are too focused on stopping the Patriots** as one of this guy's biggest strenghts is covering TE's, but I think he's not strong enough to stop Gronk. He will be used as a hybrid LB/S, basically what Deone Bucannon does for the Cardinals. He's kind of Shazier's replacement. I think they will still draft a FS somewhere, but maybe not as early as expected.

2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds 59467727

Hoping for Carter, Burks or Griffin now in the third.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 5:42 pm

This was a good pick by the Steelers. I was hoping for a good ILB, but the good ones were gone at 28. There's no way this guy would be sitting on the board when the Steelers drafted in the 2nd round. Think about this: the next safety taken was later in the 2nd and the following in the 3rd.  Funny, because the talking heads didn't see it and have been quick to knock the Steelers for the pick, but the league obviously knew Edmunds was the next guy on the Safety list and he wasn't going to sit until the 60th pick. Another thing to consider is if you look at his 2016 sophomore season production, do you think the pick is good? As a sophomore, he was in on over 100 tackles and had 4 picks. His production dropped in his junior season due to his shoulder injury. He was the guy who kept the secondary in alignment and called out the coverage based on the offensive lineup.

With a 41" vertical and over 11' broad jump, he's a very athletic guy.

The Steelers sent the army of staff to the VT pro day and I don't think it was to see his younger brother (because there's no chance he would drop to the Steelers). From the stories I've heard, the staff went to dinner with the Edmunds. At that dinner, Edmunds' mother was grilling Tomlin about taking care of her son (Terrell, not Tremaine). So this was a guy they have been thinking about for quite a while.

Welcome to the Steelers Terrell! 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds 184121345
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptySat Apr 28, 2018 10:05 pm

if the players you're looking at like safety take the guy with the highest vertical jump in my book.

I also think the Steelers are stocking up on in the box Safeties as 4-3 outside linebackers for their 2 d-linemen sub-package they got 3 of them this offseason. to get as many DBs on the field as they can in this package, against 4 or 5 offensive sets. also over the years the Steelers have had a hard time with pass catching TEs.

one thing I know with a new DB coach the Safety position is not the weak link.

another thing I'm seeing in the 2 d-linemen package is the rotation that could be Tuitt , Heyward, Alualu and Hargrave. imo Dupree would be best used as a stand up DE against run or as a pass rusher quit dropping him in pass coverage as for Watt the other stand up DE the fire blitz would work great from his side same with Hayward for the inside fire blitz.

a look back to the 70s Steelers LBs Jack Ham was a OLB/SS of that time in that defense so why not put 2 SS/OLB on the field at the same time in the 2 d-linemen package. with 2 SS/OLB on the field the ILB just reads run or be another pass rusher.

you 3-4 Steelers fans most likely think I'm stupid i really liked the Cowher/ Lebeau defenses until quality teams spread out those Cowher defenses and when quality offensives figured out Lebeau's blitzes.

imo as quality offenses have evolved into a spread the field and hurry up good quality hybrid defenders are really needed on the back end of the defense not to invent but play less on their heels between the 20s. still when the game gets in your face in short yardage you still need the tree stumps they're not drafted as high as they use to be.

I am done rambling I really like this draft.

Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue May 01, 2018 4:24 am

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue May 01, 2018 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue May 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

Wow. Good to read
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue May 01, 2018 2:56 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Wow. Good to read

But that's coming from NFL execs and coaches. They're not as knowledgeable as fans and other draft "experts." 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds 2981382511

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue May 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

Wow. Good to read

But that's coming from NFL execs and coaches. They're not as knowledgeable as fans and other draft "experts." 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds 2981382511

No, agreed. The guy at my local Quickie Mart says Edmunds was at best a 4-5th pick best suited for special teams 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds 2981382511
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyMon May 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Mike Tomlin impressed with Steelers rookie safety tandem

The Pittsburgh Steelers have a pair of rookies at minicamp this weekend, and Mike Tomlin likes what he sees — so far.

By Jeff.Hartman
May 13, 2018

2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds Temp2018_RMC__0511am_to_1107--nfl_mezz_1280_1024

The Pittsburgh Steelers struggled on defense on more than one occasion in the 2017 season, and even the most untrained football eye could tell you it was commonly a lack of communication, and poor tackling.

Throughout the 2018 NFL Draft, the Steelers focus when selecting a defender usually revolved around the aforementioned attributes. Players who communicated well, and were known for their tackling.

Out of the seven picks they had in the draft process, the team took two safeties. Both of those safeties were lauded for their ability to communicate well, and their rather sound tackling technique.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/13/17348474/mike-tomlin-impressed-with-steelers-rookie-safety-tandem-terrell-edmunds-marcus-allen-2018-nfl-draft
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Early impressions of all 32 NFL first-round picks

No. 28: Pittsburgh Steelers

S Terrell Edmunds. He looks athletic and hasn't made many glaring mistakes, but the reps are fairly limited, with Morgan Burnett and Sean Davis entrenched as likely starters. The team likes that Edmunds is an active communicator on the back end and is willing to play multiple positions -- safety or dime linebacker -- when needed. Status: Right on track. -- Jeremy Fowler

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23661519/nfl-draft-2018-early-impressions-all-32-first-round-picks-otas-practices
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 12:04 am

Steelers' 1st-round pick Terrell Edmunds remains unsigned as camp looms

JOE RUTTER | Sunday, July 22, 2018

Six weeks after predicting he would sign his rookie contract “one of these days,” Steelers first-round draft pick Terrell Edmunds remains without a deal as training camp approaches.

Edmunds is the only Steelers’ draft pick who remains unsigned and is one of seven NFL first-round picks without a contract. The Steelers report to training camp Wednesday at Saint Vincent in Latrobe.

According to the NFL’s slotting system implemented in the 2011 collective bargaining agreement, Edmunds can expect a four-year deal worth $10.78 million and a $5.9 million signing bonus based on calculations from salary-tracking web site spotrac.com.

Edmunds, a 21-year-old safety from Virginia Tech, was selected by the Steelers with the No. 28 overall pick.

At minicamp in June, Edmunds predicted a swift conclusion to negotiations with the Steelers.

to read rest of article:

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13891182-74/steelers-1st-round-pick-terrell-edmunds-remains-unsigned-as-camp-looms
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds EmptyTue Jul 24, 2018 8:38 am

Creative Artists Agency represents brothers Tremaine and Terrell, guess Terrell trying to get very thing he can get.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds   2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds Empty

Back to top Go down

2018 Round 1 Draft Pick: S Terrell Edmunds
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next