Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  Empty
PostSubject: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptyWed Mar 11, 2020 5:08 am

Quote :
Officially the 102nd pick in the draft, the Steelers will now have a selection in the third-round as they traded their original selection to the Denver Broncos as part of the trade during the 2019 draft to move up to select Devin Bush. Already missing their first-round pick due to the trade for Minkah Fitzpatrick, the Steelers also gave up a fifth-round selection in the 2020 draft to Miami but received an additional fourth-round pick from the Dolphins. This extra pick is either the Dolphins original pick or the one they received from the Tennessee Titans.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2020/3/10/21147144/the-steelers-officially-get-a-3rd-round-compensatory-draft-pick-for-the-2020-nfl-draft-pick-102-bell

The Steelers will now have six draft picks in the 2020 draft.
The Steelers' 2020 draft picks now look as followed:

Round 2, Pick 49.
Round 3, Pick 102.
Round 4, Pick 114.
Round 4, Pick 125.
Round 6, Pick 178.
Round 7, Pick 209.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptyFri Mar 13, 2020 8:10 pm

finding a LT diamond in the ruff would be great.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 4:15 am

effyou515 wrote:

personally i think a left guard is the bigger need. is it a coincidence that as the left guards play went down hill, so did the left tackles ? foster is 34 and villinueva is 31. foster has 10 years worth of miles on him and villinueva only has 4. this is the last year of boths contracts...so i would let foster go this year and save 4 million and take the 1.5 mill dead cap hit. villinueva would be a 4 mill dead cap hit and save 5 mill. 1 turd in a punch bowel ruins the hole bowl ... The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  2087824411 ...foster was a turd.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

personally i think a left guard is the bigger need. is it a coincidence that as the left guards play went down hill, so did the left tackles ? foster is 34 and villinueva is 31. foster has 10 years worth of miles on him and villinueva only has 4. this is the last year of boths contracts...so i would let foster go this year and save 4 million and take the 1.5 mill dead cap hit. villinueva would be a 4 mill dead cap hit and save 5 mill. 1 turd in a punch bowel ruins the hole bowl ... The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  2087824411 ...foster was a turd.

diamond in the ruff to me means won't be starting this year. OG would be good too, wouldn't mind a couple o-lineman drafted in this draft. the whole left side of the line gets beat by speed rush. imho franchise LT protecting the QBs blind side is second to a franchise QB. the whole Steelers starting o-line is getting old. plus this draft has a lot of OT in it WRs also.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 2:33 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

OG would be good too, the whole left side of the line gets beat by speed rush. imho franchise LT protecting the QBs blind side is second to a franchise QB. the whole Steelers starting o-line is getting old. plus this draft is a lot of OT in it WRs also.

yes i think it is deep with OT , not so much with guards. thats why i would go guard before tackle.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 3:22 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

OG would be good too, the whole left side of the line gets beat by speed rush. imho franchise LT protecting the QBs blind side is second to a franchise QB. the whole Steelers starting o-line is getting old. plus this draft is a lot of OT in it WRs also.

yes i think it is deep with OT , not so much with guards. thats why i would go guard before tackle.

about the time the Steelers pick there are OT/OG to pick from which is a plus.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySat Mar 14, 2020 5:38 pm

effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
effyou515 wrote:

about the time the Steelers pick there are OT/OG to pick from which is a plus.

whatever direction they go in T or G, they need  be able to get a starter right away out of it. they cant afford a guy that needs time to develop. plus many of those T's coming out are not NFL left tackles. those will disappear in round 1 as usual.
the steelers like versatile linemen..guys who have experience playing more than one position. there are a few of those this year.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 5:49 am

I hope Cushenberry drops to us. He can play center and both guard positions and the Steelers already met with him.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 6:55 am

Stella Nation wrote:
I hope Cushenberry drops to us. He can play center and both guard positions and the Steelers already met with him.

If he drops to us and we don't take him everyone involved in this draft should be fired. He would be a no-brainer.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Stella Nation wrote:
taking a center who has experience at playing guard makes a lot of sense. pouncey is getting long in the tooth and his play is on the decline. foster is going to be the one cut this year but having a solid center waiting in the guard position to take over for pouncey would be good move. as i said in another post there seems to be a lot of linemen who have experience in multiple positions in this draft.

its funny how we steeler fans are looking at linemen, both O and D, and all the mocksters, want to peg us with a skill position (WR,RB,QB) as the top steeler pick. i do think another solid reciever would be a nice addition, but it would be a luxury pick, considering a qb cant throw the ball to that WR if he is on his back... The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  1797695198
besides that the steelers havent even got a good look yet at youngsters already on the roster. why spend another high pick already on a position for what might turn out to be just a fourth receiver ? a burner to stretch the field would be nice to have but not really a necessity at this time considering TE is a bigger question mark for the passing game.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptySun Mar 15, 2020 11:29 pm

I think if you are an honest Steeler fan with any common sense and football IQ it was pretty obvious our inability to run the ball was to the left was glaringly obvious and Pouncey, Foster, and Villanueva were problematic. Villanueva may have been hampered by Fosters poor performances but he had a lot of false starts at critical times on his own last year.

Teams loaded the box and dared us to beat them with our QBs and they couldn't get it done half the time. Some games our QBs did just enough to help us win but other games they were the obvious reason the team lost. Our Offensive Line is old and slow now and it has to be addressed. I am hoping some of our picks will be plug and play guys but I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  EmptyMon Mar 16, 2020 3:10 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I think if you are an honest Steeler fan with any common sense and football IQ it was pretty obvious our inability to run the ball was to the left was glaringly obvious and Pouncey, Foster, and Villanueva were problematic. Villanueva may have been hampered by Fosters poor performances but he had a lot of false starts at critical times on his own last year.

Teams loaded the box and dared us to beat them with our QBs and they couldn't get it done half the time. Some games our QBs did just enough to help us win but other games they were the obvious reason the team lost. Our Offensive Line is old and slow now and it has to be addressed. I am hoping some of our picks will be plug and play guys but I doubt it.
obviously replacing all 3 is not possible this year . foster is the oldest and the least dead cap hit. i thought it was a horrible idea when they gave him the last contract. his game was going down hill before that..this is the last year of villinuevas contract and pouncy is done in 2021...his dead cap hit next year would be 3 million. they both will play out their contracts.
i think it would be a great idea to draft a center and have him play guard for a year or even 2. then draft villinuevas replacement then get the guard.you dont want to have 3 starting linemens contracts all expiring the same year, just like you dont want a bunch of guys with no experiencing playing at one time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft    The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft  Empty

Back to top Go down

The Steelers officially get a 3rd round compensatory draft pick for the 2020 NFL draft
Page 1 of 1