Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl

Go down 
+2
solardave
LambertWardSteel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl Empty
PostSubject: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 12:02 am

For what it's worth...it would almost be worth losing in SB to beat Pats* in New England in the AFC CG

Quote :
AFC EAST

Patriots*: 12–4
Jets: 9–7
Dolphins: 7–9
Bills: 4–12

AFC NORTH

Steelers: 11–5
Ravens: 7–9
Browns: 4–12
Bengals: 4–12

AFC SOUTH

Jaguars: 10–6
Texans: 9–7
Titans: 8–8
Colts: 5–11

AFC WEST

Chargers: 10–6
Broncos: 8–8
Chiefs: 7–9
Raiders: 5–11

Wild Card

3. Chargers over 6. Jets
4. Jaguars over 5. Texans

Divisional Round

1. Patriots* over 4. Jaguars
2. Steelers over 3. Chargers

Championship Game

2. Steelers over 1. Patriots*

Quote :
SUPER BOWL LIII
Feb. 3, 2019, Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta

1. Falcons over 2. Steelers, 27–24

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/08/21/nfl-preseason-predictions-team-records-playoffs-super-bowl-liii-champion

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 4:08 am

I think we can make it to the SB. I don't think we'll be playing Atlanta. I do think if we make it we win no matter who we play. The window is wide open this year if we play up to our potential rather than down to our opponents.
We have to beat every team that we should. That's what champions do and cheaters in some cases. In our case we're talented enough that we don't have to cheat.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 2:11 pm

solardave wrote:
I think we can make it to the SB. I don't think we'll be playing Atlanta. I do think if we make it we win no matter who we play. The window is wide open this year if we play up to our potential rather than down to our opponents.
We have to beat every team that we should. That's what champions do and cheaters in some cases. In our case we're talented enough that we don't have to cheat.

Agreed. I think it will depend on our defense. We know the offense will put up the points. Can the DL and LB stop the run? Can the DB’s provide adequate pass defense? I think the D might struggle early then settle in. I think the Steelers will be there in the end.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptyFri Aug 24, 2018 2:37 pm

sports illustrated pick the Steelers to go to the SB, I'm really glad they didn't pick them to win I just hate when sports illustrated picks the Sleelers for anything.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 1:54 am

effyou515 wrote:
sports illustrated pick the Steelers to go to the SB, I'm really glad they didn't pick them to win I just hate when sports illustrated picks the Sleelers for anything.

Yeah I hate that too, because it's a distraction and while the players would deny it, there's that little bit of extra pressure being put on them to have that kind of success.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:33 am

My thought: "Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 7:47 am

jak341 wrote:
My thought: "Playoffs? Don’t talk about — playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!"

I just hope we don't let the Browns start their turnaround against us. That would be embarrassing. They were 0-16 last season, we can't give them that moral victory.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:28 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I just hope we don't let the Browns start their turnaround against us. That would be embarrassing. They were 0-16 last season, we can't give them that moral victory.

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but the first game vs. Cleveland is concerning. It has all the makings of a trap game: at Cleveland, Bell not having any camp work, starters not playing together due to injury, and a dodgy defense.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl EmptySat Aug 25, 2018 9:55 am

jak341 wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
jak341 wrote:

I didn't want to be the one to say it, but the first game vs. Cleveland is concerning. It has all the makings of a trap game: at Cleveland, Bell not having any camp work, starters not playing together due to injury, and a dodgy defense.

It's the Browns. What could possibly go wrong? affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl   Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl Empty

Back to top Go down

Sports Illustrated picks Steelers to make and lose Super Bowl
Page 1 of 1