Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeReady Player One Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Ready Player One

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Ready Player One   Ready Player One EmptyThu Aug 30, 2018 5:47 am

Rented this movie and watched it the other day in 4K. I thought it was a pretty good flick. For being a modern film, and having a ton of CGI I was a bit surprised with how much I actually did enjoy it. It's a Spielberg film, so you know it's probably going to be good, but I was happily impressed. It's not without it's flaws, but it has a lot of nostalgic things in it that really had me remembering my childhood.

Highly recommend if you guys haven't seen it yet. Kind of wish I'd of gone to see it when it was in the theatre. If you've seen the movie what'd you think of it?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready Player One   Ready Player One EmptyMon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Rented this movie and watched it the other day in 4K. I thought it was a pretty good flick. For being a modern film, and having a ton of CGI I was a bit surprised with how much I actually did enjoy it. It's a Spielberg film, so you know it's probably going to be good, but I was happily impressed. It's not without it's flaws, but it has a lot of nostalgic things in it that really had me remembering my childhood.

Highly recommend if you guys haven't seen it yet. Kind of wish I'd of gone to see it when it was in the theatre. If you've seen the movie what'd you think of it?

I was a huge fan of the book and was looking forward to the movie, after reading the book a few years ago. It's one of my son's favorite books as well. My son and I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it and I bought it on Blu-Ray after it came out. That said, the book is soooooo much better than the movie. The movie changed a lot from the book. Some of that was due to licensing issues and some due to time constraints I guess. The author worked with Spielberg to write the screenplay though. I would highly recommend giving the book a read.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready Player One   Ready Player One EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 5:07 am

Lokki wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I was a huge fan of the book and was looking forward to the movie, after reading the book a few years ago.  It's one of my son's favorite books as well.  My son and I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it and I bought it on Blu-Ray after it came out.  That said, the book is soooooo much better than the movie.  The movie changed a lot from the book.  Some of that was due to licensing issues and some due to time constraints I guess.  The author worked with Spielberg to write the screenplay though.  I would highly recommend giving the book a read.  

I'll have to look into it. The books always seem to be better than their movie counterparts, they can tell so much more of the story and in finer detail.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready Player One   Ready Player One EmptyWed Dec 05, 2018 1:29 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Lokki wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I was a huge fan of the book and was looking forward to the movie, after reading the book a few years ago.  It's one of my son's favorite books as well.  My son and I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it and I bought it on Blu-Ray after it came out.  That said, the book is soooooo much better than the movie.  The movie changed a lot from the book.  Some of that was due to licensing issues and some due to time constraints I guess.  The author worked with Spielberg to write the screenplay though.  I would highly recommend giving the book a read.  

I'll have to look into it. The books always seem to be better than their movie counterparts, they can tell so much more of the story and in finer detail.

The movie doesn't spoil much from the book either. The ways that he gets the keys in the book are way different. Also in the book, you have to get the key and then you get the riddle to find the gate that you open the key with. Opening the gate then gets you the riddle for the next key. That death race from the movie doesn't happen in the book at all.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready Player One   Ready Player One EmptySat Dec 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Just watched it a few days ago. It didn't blow me away, but it was a fun movie that I'd recommend, especially for anyone who grew up in the 80s.

It did make me wanna go out and buy a new gaming system lol. Like many my age, I was part of the gaming evolution ... started with Pong as a young child, then graduated to arcade games and Atari. Moved on to a Commodore 64 in my early teen years. Then got out if for awhile until I discovered Sega Genesis. Me and my wife (girlfriend at the time) played a lot throughout college. Then graduation, job, marriage, and kids came along, and video games went away. When my son got a little older, we got him a PlayStation, and some of the nostalgia came back. My daughter never took to gaming, so as my son got older and lost interest for awhile, so did me and my wife. My son eventually found his love for it again and now as an adult, he still plays constantly. I don't think I've played a game in about 6 to 8 years. But this movie brought back a lot of great memories, and I'm seriously considering picking up a new system. I still have my original Pong and Atari systems stored away somewhere in my parents' house. Maybe I'll just old-school it. Ready Player One 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

Ready Player One Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready Player One   Ready Player One Empty

Back to top Go down

Ready Player One
Page 1 of 1