Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeBell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice

Go down 
+14
JPPT1974
Drizztbob
Mach1
Stella Nation
jak341
stlrtruck
Steeler-in-west
IowaSteeler927
effyou515
Great Randino
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
Wallace108
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice Empty
PostSubject: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 12:36 pm

PITTSBURGH -- Le'Veon Bell is not at the Steelers' first regular season practice of the year, Kevin Colbert said in a statement released late Monday morning.

Pittsburgh began Monday's session around 10:45 a.m.

"We are disappointed Le'Veon Bell has not signed his franchise tender and rejoined his teammates,"Colbert said in the statement. "Coach Tomlin and the coaching staff will continue to focus on preparing the players on our roster for our regular season opener on Sunday against the Cleveland Browns."

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/09/leveon_bell_skips_practice.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 pm

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 2:05 pm

I wonder how far he takes it. It would be nice if he would at least say what his intentions are. There was an article last week saying that he told a teammate he'd report but he quickly hit social media and denied that, so who knows. I guess we can go with Conner and Ridley the main back up. I would rather not start the season, or go the first 10 games, with the 'where is Bell' distraction hanging overhead.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 2:54 pm

if i'm colbert, when he finally does show up, i'd be like Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice 131212936 ...clean out your locker ... Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice 2472506995
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
if i'm colbert, when he finally does show up, i'd be like Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice 131212936  ...clean out your locker ... Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice 2472506995

You got that right. At this point I'd give him a pen with no damn ink in it and a quarter so he could call someone who gives a shit.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 4:56 pm

Do you guys think we will end up in a Khalil Mack type situation like Oakland found themselves in?

Feels like we're almost to that point.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 5:05 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
Do you guys think we will end up in a Khalil Mack type situation like Oakland found themselves in?

Feels like we're almost to that point.
two different situations. Mack was a hold out under contract so the raiders was able to trade him. Bell is not, until he signs the tag. all the steelers can do is yank the tag offer and let him walk.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 5:29 pm

Just hypothesizing here, but if he hasn't signed for today he's likely not planning to play week 1, and if he isn't playing week 1, he likely holds out for as long as he can. If I understand the rules right he can wait until game 10 to still have this year count to get out from under the franchise tag. If that is his plan I think it's half-ass Bell we get the last games of the season as he'll want to preserve himself for his new team. That said given today's developments, and his attitude the last year, it was likely half-ass regardless.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 5:40 pm

almost time to pull the franchise tag.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 7:13 pm

Bell is an idiot. The Steelers should force him to sit under the tag if he wants to keep playing games. Let him lose out on $850,000 a game. Rescinding the tag would only be giving him what he wants.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 7:21 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Bell is an idiot. The Steelers should force him to sit under the tag if he wants to keep playing games. Let him lose out on $850,000 a game. Rescinding the tag would only be giving him what he wants.

Yeah, I agree with this. Keep the tag on him and I think Steelers get a 3rd round pick next year. Plus if he becomes a free agent now he gets exactly what he wants and goes to find someone willing to meet his contract demands.

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 7:43 pm

what Bell wants? right now only teams who could really sign him are the teams with alot of salary cap space right now, most teams have their 53 man roster and salary cap set and would have a hard time getting such huge contract done being this close to the start of the season.

would like to see Bell play one more season if he's going to play up to 100% of his ability.

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 9:35 pm

It’s still Labor Day weekend. Let’s see what happens tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 10:11 pm

What happens if the Steelers pull the tag? What are Bell's options at that point? Could he sign with someone? I don't know how it works in that situation.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyMon Sep 03, 2018 11:53 pm

nine vegetable wrote:
What happens if the Steelers pull the tag?  What are Bell's options at that point?  Could he sign with someone?  I don't know how it works in that situation.

if the Steelers pull the tag he becomes a free agent and can sign with any team.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 12:39 am

effyou515 wrote:
what Bell wants? right now only teams who could really sign him are the teams with alot of salary cap space right now, most teams have their 53 man roster and salary cap set and would have a hard time getting such huge contract done being this close to the start of the season.

would like to see Bell play one more season if he's going to play up to 100% of his ability.

A team like Cleveland may still have the cap room, but I think right now you're right in that most teams don't have salary cap room. I'm by no means an expert on the nuances of their contracts, but I think there are ways to get around that through things like signing bonus and also by making this year lighter in salary and then making it up in coming years.

He could still sign this week so maybe all this discussion doesn't matter. One thing that the Steelers may need to watch is they ended last year by releasing Harrison and now they start this year with Bell disgruntled. If they'd release him it is going to show the other players that if they are unhappy...just complain, don't show up, don't give effort when you're here, get a release, and go sign somewhere else. That's probably not the message management wants to send

As long as he's not signed they aren't paying him, as long as they lose him after the year they get a draft pick...they get nothing now, so I hope they do hang onto him for those reasons

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 12:48 am

Sorry double post

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 7:58 am

Cam Heyward was quoted as saying that he believes Bell will come back on Wednesday. We'll see if that's the case.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 1:09 pm

I would think if he doesn't start until Wednesday, he's definitely not playing against the Browns.

If that's the case I hope he gets docked the $855,000 game 1 salary.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 1:13 pm

Pouncey also said he thinks Bell will show up Wednesday. He then admitted he hasn't spoken to him. Unless they're being coy, it sounds like Bell's teammates know as much as we do. And we don't know anything.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 1:18 pm

Hmmm, it's not only his teammates who are in the dark. Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice 3121608646

No words between Mike Tomlin, Le'Veon Bell in Steelers' Week 1

PITTSBURGH -- Mike Tomlin and Le'Veon Bell have not spoken this week.

The Steelers head coach said he's not thinking about the All-Pro running back's pending return to the team. When asked when he was last in communication with Bell Tomlin said, "I haven't been in contact with him this week."

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/09/mike_tomlin_leveon_bell_not_talked.html

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 1:34 pm

Not sure if I should start a separate thread for this but...

The Browns game is not a gimme, in my opinion. We are going to need our featured back to rush for more than 32 yards or we might not win that game.

They are an improved team. They almost have to be. You can't consistently get the highest draft picks without accumulating some talent at some point. Put another way...even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I seriously doubt that Bell will be ready to be our best back for that game, even if he reports tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 1:46 pm

nine vegetable wrote:

The Browns game is not a gimme, in my opinion.  We are going to need our featured back to rush for more than 32 yards or we might not win that game.

They are an improved team.  They almost have to be.  You can't consistently get the highest draft picks without accumulating some talent at some point.  Put another way...even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I seriously doubt that Bell will be ready to be our best back for that game, even if he reports tomorrow.

Yep. I said something similar in another thread during the 3rd preseason game. Last season, the starters didn't get much preseason work, including Bell who got zero, and the offense came out flat against the Browns. This year, Ben got little work again, Bell got none again, and AB got none. It's like they use the Browns as a fifth preaseason game. I agree with you ... I don't think this is going to be the same ol' Browns. We can't afford for the offense to come out flat while trying to knock off the rust.

I really hope they learned their lesson last season about overlooking teams, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm afraid they haven't. I hope I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

The Browns game is not a gimme, in my opinion.  We are going to need our featured back to rush for more than 32 yards or we might not win that game.

They are an improved team.  They almost have to be.  You can't consistently get the highest draft picks without accumulating some talent at some point.  Put another way...even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Yep. I said something similar in another thread during the 3rd preseason game. Last season, the starters didn't get much preseason work, including Bell who got zero, and the offense came out flat against the Browns. This year, Ben got little work again, Bell got none again, and AB got none. It's like they use the Browns as a fifth preaseason game. I agree with you ... I don't think this is going to be the same ol' Browns. We can't afford for the offense to come out flat while trying to knock off the rust.

I really hope they learned their lesson last season about overlooking teams, but based on what I've seen so far, I'm afraid they haven't. I hope I'm wrong.

I hope you're wrong too but I've been feeling the same. Everyone playing so little over the summer doesn't help matters especially if they aren't prepared. I'm wondering though if starting Conner atRB may actually be a plus since he may not be as rusty and because the Browns may not take him as seriously as Bell

The Steelers are the Super Bowl to the Browns every year. They almost beat us last year in the first game and ended up 0-16. If they beat the Steelers they are legitimate in their minds. The year the Steelers rested players going into the playoffs, Browns almost won, they likely would have had a ticker tape parade if they had beat the back ups.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice EmptyTue Sep 04, 2018 2:54 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

I hope you're wrong too but I've been feeling the same. Everyone playing so little over the summer doesn't help matters especially if they aren't prepared. I'm wondering though if starting Conner atRB may actually be a plus since he may not be as rusty and because the Browns may not take him as seriously as Bell

The Steelers are the Super Bowl to the Browns every year. They almost beat us last year in the first game and ended up 0-16. If they beat the Steelers they are legitimate in their minds. The year the Steelers rested players going into the playoffs, Browns almost won, they likely would have had a ticker tape parade if they had beat the back ups.

I'm in favor of Conner starting Sunday even if Bell returns in time and is in the best shape of his life. A message was sent when Jones was replaced with Dobbs (positions are earned). It's time to send another message. In my opinion, the Steelers' biggest problem in recent years hasn't been talent ... it's the lack of discipline. Players who work hard and perform well should be rewarded and given an opportunity over someone who feels entitled to the position and is willing to put himself above the team, and money above the Lombardi.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice   Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Bell skips Day 1 of Steelers practice
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next