Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice

Go down 
+2
stlrtruck
effyou515
6 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice Empty
PostSubject: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 6:08 am

By Alan Robinson

Published: Thursday, August 15, 2013 , 6:00 p.m.
Updated 7 hours ago

Steelers rookie running back Le'Veon Bell reinjured his left knee during practice Thursday, and his status for the second preseason game Monday against Washington is uncertain.

Bell was pulling up as a running play ended during a noncontact drill when several defensive players took him to the ground. He did not appear to expect the contact.

He stayed down on the St. Vincent grass field for several minutes before getting up. He later was seen with a large ice pack on his left leg.

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/4540459-74/bell-practice-steelers#ixzz2c7pBgI4P
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook

what the f^^k never going to see this guy play.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 9:46 am

Holy crap. This is ridiculous. I certainly want to see him work, but I hope he gets his knee looked at thoroughly.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 7:17 am

stlrtruck wrote:
Holy crap.  This is ridiculous.  I certainly want to see him work, but I hope he gets his knee looked at thoroughly.
I hope this kid is not made of plastic. I agree Truck let's get this looked at so we can get ready for the season. We don't need a promising rookie RB on IR.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:40 pm

This isnt even full speed and he has been hurt twice in practice. I had really high hopes for this kid, and now I'm quite concerned.

stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am

Bell hurt his foot in Monday nights game and I saw this morning that he will be out 'a while'

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 4:57 pm

Possible Lisfranc they are saying. Welcome to Pittsburgh Leveon "Tinker" Bell.

Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:41 pm

Quote :
Bell views foot sprain as 'blessing in disguise'

By SteelCityRoller

No one wants to see a promising rookie shut down prematurely due to injury. The Pittsburgh Steelers certainly didn't want it to be the case for Le'Veon Bell, although Bell acknowledges it was probably a good thing in the bigger picture.

Bell talked about his mid-foot sprain to the media in the locker room today. He is disappointed at his inability to play as he recovers, especially considering he was able to remain healthy during a carry-heavy collegiate career. However, he admits the recovery time for his foot will help the rest of his body as well.

"Hurting my foot really let my knee get back to 100 percent, so I guess you could say the foot was a blessing in disguise."

Bell had been dealing with a bruised knee which he originally suffered prior to the Steelers first game, which held him out against the New York Giants. He aggravated the injury again prior to the Washington Redskins game in which he sprained his foot, but the bruised knee did not limit his ability to be the team's starting running back entering the contest.

With his foot keeping him out of the next game against the Kansas City Chiefs, his knee bruise will now also have the chance to heal, allowing him to return without fear of re-aggravating it during the regular season.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/8/22/4648708/steelers-leveon-bell-views-foot-sprain-as-blessing-in-disguise

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 5:19 pm

There is nothing good about injury, unless this is his last one of the year. We can never really afford injury but we really can't this year.

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 12:12 pm

Quote :
Bell out of walking boot

Posted by Josh Alper

After initial reports about the severity of Steelers running back Le’Veon Bell’s sprained foot put his timeline for recovery at six to eight weeks, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin gave a more optimistic read on the situation.

Tomlin said that Bell was able to do physical activity “without discomfort” and said that he had not been told that Bell would definitely be out for any specific length of time. It may have just been a coach trying to stay positive, but there’s now another suggestion that Bell may be further along the road to recovery than it seemed at the time of the injury.

Dale Lolley of the Washington Observer-Reporter reports that Bell has shed the walking boot he had been wearing to protect his foot since suffering the injury. Lolley says there’s still no definitive timetable for his return, but it’s a positive sign for Bell that his foot is well enough structurally to lose the support offered by the boot so soon after getting hurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/28/leveon-bell-out-of-walking-boot/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice   Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers RB Bell hurts knee in practice
Page 1 of 1