Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers

Go down 
+2
solardave
LambertWardSteel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers Empty
PostSubject: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 10:47 pm

I really hope it plays out this way. His personality and playmaking are really moving him up my all time favorite Steelers list.

Quote :
JuJu Smith-Schuster laments a mediocre time in the 40-yard dash at last year’s combine saddled him with a reputation of not being all that fast by NFL wide receiver standards.

Ultimately, it might have been the best thing for him.

Smith-Schuster’s 4.5-seconds time dropped him to late in the second round, and that landed him on the Pittsburgh Steelers instead of perhaps a struggling team or one without an advanced passing game.

“Yeah it worked out,” Smith-Schuster said Thursday. “Like I said, I think everything falls into place purposefully and … I don’t see myself playing anywhere else. I see myself retiring here.”

He’s only 25 games into his NFL career and just a week past his 22nd birthday, so Smith-Schuster is no danger of leaving via free agency yet (not until the spring of 2021, though he’d be eligible for an extension in about 14 months from now). But Smith-Schuster has 1,972 yards and 135 catches in his career, including 77 for 1,055 this season — both top five in the NFL.

He also became the first player in NFL history to have two touchdown catches of at least 95 yards when he had a 97-yard touchdown reception during Sunday’s win at Denver.

Those are just the types of plays the scouts doubted he could make.

Full article here: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14351845-74/juju-smith-schuster-i-see-myself-retiring-here-with-steelers

solardave

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 4:09 am

He was for sure a steal in that draft. I enjoy watching him play and like his attitude. I hope he plays out his career here.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 10:49 am

a comment shot towards the next contract. JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers 1797695198

keep working hard, show improvements on the field, make the catch and stay away from the off field trouble and drama JUJU, then watch the Steelers send a Wells Fargo stagecoach full of money over to your crib.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 11:49 am

Everybody says that until it’s time to sign the actual next contract...
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 2:15 pm

I hope so, he's my favorite current Steeler.
Back to top Go down
schillah

schillah

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Never thought he would be this good. Pleasantly surprised

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers EmptySat Dec 01, 2018 8:57 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Everybody says that until it’s time to sign the actual next contract...

That thought ran past my mind too, but, I don't know. If anyone can break the mold it could be a guy like Ju Ju

PostSubject: Re: JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers   JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers Empty

Back to top Go down

JuJu Smith-Schuster: 'I see myself retiring here' with Steelers
Page 1 of 1