Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeJaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game

Go down 
+3
SteelerFreak58
stlrtruck
effyou515
7 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game Empty
PostSubject: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 7:42 pm

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/29732/jaylen-samuels-latest-cog-in-steelers-plug-and-play-run-game

Quote :
PITTSBURGH -- Jaylen Samuels never has had a 100-yard rushing game or a 19-carry workload in his football career, he swore after the Pittsburgh Steelers' 17-10 win over the New England Patriots* on Sunday. Not at North Carolina State, where he was a hybrid option. Not at Mallard Creek High School in Charlotte, North Carolina, where he played some safety.

That Samuels, a fifth-round rookie, just ripped off 142 yards against New England -- the most ever by a Steelers player against the Patriots*, according to ESPN Stats & Information -- is a credit to both Samuels' development and a Steelers offense that has had success with a variety of backs.

Le'Veon Bell will seek an all-world contract for his All-Pro production, averaging nearly 130 total yards per game since 2013. His numbers are so prolific they prompted him to sit out the entire 2018 season to make sure nothing happens to them.

this piece looks into the real world perspective on Bell's yardage gained vs other RBs yardage gained when Bell was injured, suspended and his hold out during Bell's career as a Steelers.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 8:35 am

I anticipate our running game to continue to improve should Fichtner give it enough attention over the last two weeks of the regular season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:38 am

got a 3rd and 4th string RBs caring the ball so the rushing attempts will be down a little.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 am

Just thank Coach Munchak!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 4:40 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Just thank Coach Munchak!

Right.

Still I'd like to be able to thank Fichtner and Tomlin if they'd only run the ball more. I'm hearing it'll be harder to run on N.O. so it would be nice to prove them wrong.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 8:08 pm

They need to get creative with this guy and utilize his skill set more.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 1:47 am

i hope everyone is now convinced that leveon bell is not the RB god he thinks he is. i've said it numerous times that a successful running game is 70% credit to the Oline (unless you are barry sanders). i have no doubt that steven ridley if given the opportunity , against the right defense, would also produce 100+ yards. so with that said , NEVER back up the money truck for a RB. PAY THE OLINE.
the only qualifications you need to look for in a RB is
A - can they block
B - do they reasonable receiving skills.
C - are they fast at changing direction.
they don't need to run a 4.4
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i hope everyone is now convinced that leveon bell is not the RB god he thinks he is. i've said it numerous times that a successful running game is 70% credit to the Oline (unless you are barry sanders). i have no doubt that steven ridley if given the opportunity , against the right defense, would also produce 100+ yards. so with that said , NEVER back up the money truck for a RB. PAY THE OLINE.
the only qualifications you need to look for in a RB is
A - can they block
B - do they reasonable receiving skills.
C - are they fast at changing direction.
they don't need to run a 4.4

D - be fast enough to run off tackle

like MOBs its all about the o-line and blocking schemes.

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 2672159185 big money to RBs

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 190127080 see the Steelers already have Conner's replacement. I'm pretty sure plug and play RBs Conner and Samuels have knocked a few million off of L. Bells next contract. Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 3562723908

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 6:26 am

effyou515 wrote:

D - be fast enough to run off tackle

like MOBs its all about the o-line and blocking schemes.

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 2672159185 big money to RBs

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 190127080   see the Steelers already have Conner's replacement. I'm pretty sure plug and play RBs Conner and Samuels have knocked a few million off of L. Bells next contract.  Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game 3562723908

It would honestly make my day if Bell goes somewhere else and they pay him less than what the Steelers offered him.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 6:28 am

Also credit to RB coach James Saxon. He's here since the second year of Le'veon Bell and has done a good job to develop the young RB's so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game   Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game Empty

Back to top Go down

Jaylen Samuels latest cog in Steelers' plug-and-play run game
Page 1 of 1