Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptyFri Oct 04, 2019 11:57 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers have cut TE Xavier Grimble from their injured reserve list with an injury settlement, according to the NFL’s official transaction report issued today. He is now a free agent.

https://steelersdepot.com/2019/10/steelers-release-te-xavier-grimble-with-injury-settlement/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 2:44 am

Best of luck to him, though I can't say I'm sad to see him gone. He had a lot of opportunities to shine and never really took advantage.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 2:59 am

I'm not surprised. I also think Vannett may take the starting job from McDonald. If he stays on the field and produces he'll end up seeing more playing time because Vance can't dance if you know what I mean.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 3:21 am

solardave wrote:
I'm not surprised. I also think Vannett may take the starting job from McDonald. If he stays on the field and produces he'll end up seeing more playing time because Vance can't dance if you know what I mean.

I think it'll be a TE tandem from here on out. I think Vance is technically going to be the starter because of his familiarity with the system. The guy is very talented, his only shortfalls are sometimes questionable hands, and the fact that he can't stay healthy. Vannett still has some learning to do. He's only one game in, and having to learn a new system under a new coach. I think he'll fit right in though, dude can definitely block. Want to see more of what he can do in the passing game though.

Hoping Vance is back to play this Sunday. A tandem of McDonald/Vannett could open up the playbook a little bit and help take some pressure off of the rest of our receivers.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 4:30 am

I know Vance is probably the most talented TE we've had for a while but if memory serves he came to us injured and we had to wait to see him play. He has been injured a lot of his time with us. I really like the idea of having depth but I think if Vannett proves to be durable and has good hands his stock will rise.What I want to see from Vance is him planting DBs with stiff arms more than every third game. We need him on the field.Getting back on subject I think we're better off without Grimble.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 5:39 am

solardave wrote:
I know Vance is probably the most talented TE we've had for a while but if memory serves he came to us injured and we had to wait to see him play. He has been injured a lot of his time with us. I really like the idea of having depth but I think if Vannett proves to be durable and has good hands his stock will rise.What I want to see from Vance is him planting DBs with stiff arms more than every third game. We need him on the field.Getting back on subject I think we're better off without Grimble.

I concur, I think Grimble got more than his fair share of opportunities to prove himself and bumbled it all way.

On a side note, I am still kind of laughing at Jesse James. Guy goes to Detroit because he wanted to get away from the drama, get paid, and be a starter. Well he got away from the drama, I guess briefly until the Steelers totally squashed it. He got paid, I'll give him that as well. But now he's relegated to the same thing he was doing in Pittsburgh and that's warming up a bench a majority of the time. Instead of doing it for Vance, he's doing it for Rookie TJ Hockenson. Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement 1797695198 Joking aside, before we got Vannett I couldn't help but wish that James hadn't gone to Detroit.

solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement EmptySat Oct 05, 2019 7:42 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
solardave wrote:

I concur, I think Grimble got more than his fair share of opportunities to prove himself and bumbled it all way.

On a side note, I am still kind of laughing at Jesse James. Guy goes to Detroit because he wanted to get away from the drama, get paid, and be a starter. Well he got away from the drama, I guess briefly until the Steelers totally squashed it. He got paid, I'll give him that as well. But now he's relegated to the same thing he was doing in Pittsburgh and that's warming up a bench a majority of the time. Instead of doing it for Vance, he's doing it for Rookie TJ Hockenson. Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement 1797695198  Joking aside, before we got Vannett I couldn't help but wish that James hadn't gone to Detroit.

I can see JJ sitting there when they drafted Hockenson crying like a baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement   Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Release TE Xavier Grimble With Injury Settlement
Page 1 of 1