Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeGame Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)

Go down 
+4
stlrtruck
solardave
effyou515
Wallace108
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Empty
PostSubject: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 12:58 am

I know I'm going to miss some ...

Game Balls

Bush
Sutton
Watt
Dupree
Conner
Snell
Duck
Berry

OK, just a few weeks ago if someone had told me that I'd be giving Game Balls to Sutton, Dupree, Snell, Hodges and Berry, in the same game no less, I'd assume they were either drunk or insane. Yet here we are.

Hodges didn't have a spectacular game, but minus one throw, he did everything that was asked of him. Plus, he saved a few possible turnovers on bad snaps.

Goats

Pouncey. I don't know what was wrong with him, but he looked like a backup center trying to snap the ball in shotgun. I wasn't counting, but there had to have been at least 5 or 6 bad snaps.

Tomlin. For the first time in a long time, Tomlin had the team prepared, and for three quarters, there was little to complain about. But then in the fourth, Tomlin did what he loves to do ... play to not lose instead of play to win. The defense dropped back and the offense went ultra conservative, allowing the Chargers to storm back and have a shot at tying the game. Yes, the Steelers won. This time. But that strategy bites then in the ass far too often. As much as I hate Belichick, when the Patriots* are winning, they put their foot on the other team's throat and don't let up. Tomlin lacks that killer instinct. For someone who talks a lot about not living in fears, he sure does coach like he fears losing. And so he plays to not lose instead of to win.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 am

don't think Tomlin had the Steelers that prepared imo the Chargers just suck that bad.

game ball, the defensive front four, when they'er on the defense is on.

Duck with his quick short passes [long handoffs] and most of the offensive line that open up the running game.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 am

GAMEBALLS

Bush played like a guy worthy of trading up for.
O-line except for Pouncey they looked like they wanted to be there.
Connor Ran angry
Snell did just enough and had a nice 20 yard run.
Sutton covered well and broke up a couple.
TJ was TJ disruptive and everywhere
Dupree played like a man who wants to get paid.
Berry and Holton good job punting and downing it on the 1-1/2
Hodges stayed patient,did what he needed to manage and covered Pouncey on several bad snaps.

GOATS

Pouncey what can I say except he had a bad game snapping the ball.

Tomlin doesn't he know by now that "prevent defense" can just as easily prevent you from winning? Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 2913999526 We had these guys right where we needed them and Tomlin takes his foot off the pedal. In this league where everyone can throw and catch you HAVE to finish with authority. I've never seen a prize fighter knock a guy to the canvas and then help him back up. Hell Tomlin helps him up and gives him a freakin' hug! No Balls!

We missed 2 INTs we should have caught

I honestly think this team is just a coach or two away from making the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 9:50 am

Gameballs:
Bush: The man was a menace from the word GO
Hodges: Duck man walking, he didn't lose it, and he made some good plays to keep drives alive
Connor: He played his role well, racked up some YAC
Snell: With Connor sidelined, he came in, ran hard, and showed why he was drafted #4
Defense: They knew they had to win this game and they started it off hot, and although they struggled late, they ended it with the turnover.
O-line: they did a great job of opening holes and protecting Hodges. First complete game I've seen by them
Moncrief: He caught a freaking plass, THANK. GOD!

Goats:
2nd Half coaching: I'm not sure if the defense was just gassed late or if the coaches called off the dogs thinking it was over. Chargers have shown they can strike at any moment and we never should've taken our foot off the pedal. I feel like they handcuffed Hodges late, and put the defense back on their heels.
Pouncey: this isn't the first time you've snapped to shotgun formation
WRs: They had some dropped passes which would've really helped Hodges out of the hole. There were enough missed opportunities it bothered me.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 pm

Gameballs:

Bush:it was awesome seeing him have a game like that
Snell: good to see another rookie have a good game
Hodges: managed the game well and made some plays
Sutton: I was hoping he'd seal a good night with a pick-6.

The D played well and it is nice to have the feeling that old time Steelers football with a punishing and dominating D may be returning.

It was good seeing all these young players stepping up

Goats:

With the way the season had gone to this point I hate to pull negatives out of their best game but I wish I hadn't needed to start feeling nervous at the end of this one after leading 24-0 after 3.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyMon Oct 14, 2019 11:29 pm

I have to say, I'm surprised no one gave Fichtner a game ball. What an offensive game plan! Gotta give the guy his props.

I also have an issue with giving Tomlin the goat. While I agree about the end of the game and letting the bolts back in (I was hoping we could coast to victory as well and it would've been easier on my heart), he DID have the team ready. Offense, Defense, Special Teams. Gotta give him credit for that.

I thought a lot of players played well. it was an enjoyable game. Mostly. 4th quarter wasn't as much fun. But overall, a much needed win.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 12:10 am

nine vegetable wrote:
I also have an issue with giving Tomlin the goat.  While I agree about the end of the game and letting the bolts back in (I was hoping we could coast to victory as well and it would've been easier on my heart), he DID have the team ready.  Offense, Defense, Special Teams.  Gotta give him credit for that.

The problem is that the game never should have been close. They took their foot off the pedal and allowed the Chargers to get back in the game. One or two bad plays at the end and we might be sitting here talking about being 1-5. If that had happened, none of the good things that happened in the first 3 quarters would have mattered. Look at what happened last week ... they had the Ravens against the ropes, and instead of knocking them out, they went ultra conservative while trying to run down the clock (which they didn't even accomplish) and ended up losing.

Remember the old Steelers slogan "60 Minute Men"?

Remember when the Steelers donned t-shirts calling themselves 60 minute men? The idea was that as the game drew to a close they kept playing. Complete games, on both sides of the ball.
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/10/31/18035498/10-things-i-think-i-thought-after-the-steelers-demolished-the-browns-james-conner-antonio-brown-nfl

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Cowher had a record of 108-1-1 in games in which the Steelers led by at least 11 points. When they got a lead, they didn't take their foot off the pedal. They played for 60 minutes.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 3:41 am

nine vegetable wrote:
I have to say, I'm surprised no one gave Fichtner a game ball.  What an offensive game plan!  Gotta give the guy his props.

I also have an issue with giving Tomlin the goat.  While I agree about the end of the game and letting the bolts back in (I was hoping we could coast to victory as well and it would've been easier on my heart), he DID have the team ready.  Offense, Defense, Special Teams.  Gotta give him credit for that.

I thought a lot of players played well.  it was an enjoyable game.  Mostly.  4th quarter wasn't as much fun.  But overall, a much needed win.

At this point right here giving Fitchner a game ball for calling one game right is almost like giving Moncrief one for catching 1 of the 2 balls thrown to him. Let's be honest. The defense won this game for us. All Fitchner did was plan not to lose it.
How many lost games this year can be connected to us not playing until the final whistle? Let's see. Ravens,49ers,Seahawks and if we get bad officiating it very easily could have included the Chargers.
So yeah. Tomlin gets a goat for not having the killer instinct.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 6:51 am

I want to add one more Goat. NBC for the extremely poor quality of the broadcast. Was it me? I almost got up to adjust my "Rabbit Ears". Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 7:42 pm

solardave wrote:
I want to add one more Goat. NBC for the extremely poor quality of the broadcast. Was it me? I almost got up to adjust my "Rabbit Ears". Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) 1797695198

I was at a local Sports bar that is a Steel City Mafia hang out spot, but the broadcast looked fine to me.  The best part of watching it at the bar was that I couldn't hear Collinsworth.

Last edited by Lokki on Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 15, 2019 10:32 pm

solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:
I have to say, I'm surprised no one gave Fichtner a game ball.  What an offensive game plan!  Gotta give the guy his props.

I thought a lot of players played well.  it was an enjoyable game.  Mostly.  4th quarter wasn't as much fun.  But overall, a much needed win.

At this point right here giving Fitchner a game ball for calling one game right is almost like giving Moncrief one for catching 1 of the 2 balls thrown to him. Let's be honest. The defense won this game for us. All Fitchner did was plan not to lose it.
How many lost games this year can be connected to us not playing until the final whistle? Let's see. Ravens,49ers,Seahawks and if we get bad officiating it very easily could have included the Chargers.
I thought it was a Game ball - as in, we are evaluating this game? Not the other 5?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyWed Oct 16, 2019 4:27 am

nine vegetable wrote:
solardave wrote:
nine vegetable wrote:

I thought it was a Game ball - as in, we are evaluating this game?  Not the other 5?

First half. Getting them ready. I agree he did a good job worthy of a game ball. The second half let down. Not keeping the pedal down all happened in this game so I can't in my mind give him a game ball. And the other games we lost were a reference. Not an evaluation. If it's a pattern it's worthy of being brought up.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 7:47 am

Second half our defense was decimated with the injuries of Tuitt, Haden, Watt and Bush. I know Bush came back, but he started to miss tackles after he hurted his ankle. In the first half we made a lot of plays, that we just missed in the second half (Hilton's dropped interception comes to mind). Imo we didn't take our foot of the pedal, look at the deep ball from Hodges that got intercepted. That was a risky call and stating they didn't want to play conservative. We just got unlucky with some plays, like Pouncey's bad snap at 3rd and goal. Those things aren't on the coaches. It just didn't go our way anymore and sometimes that happens. You can't expect that everything goes your way for 60 minutes, there's 2 teams on the field and overall the Steelers showed they were the better one.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyThu Oct 17, 2019 7:50 am

Gameballs

Sutton
Bush
Watt
Dupree
Heyward
O-Line except Pouncey
Conner
Snell
Hodges
Berry

Goat

Pouncey: Was he drunk?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) EmptyTue Oct 22, 2019 5:56 am

Lokki wrote:
solardave wrote:

I was at a local Sports bar that is a Steel City Mafia hang out spot, but the broadcast looked fine to me.  The best part of watching it at the bar was that I couldn't hear Collinsworth.

I think it is our local here that is bad. I started watching something else on it and it was awful too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)   Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers) Empty

Back to top Go down

Game Balls and Goats (Steelers vs. Chargers)
Page 1 of 1