Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers at Bengals - Page 4 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers at Bengals

Go down 
+7
Master_Of_Puppets
IowaSteeler927
solardave
jak341
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 4:12 pm

Probably will become a separate thread, but the announcers wondered allowed, who do the Steelers start at QB next week? One guy in the booth said, "I'd give the Duck man the nod."
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 5:34 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Ugly as all fucking get out but its another W and we needed it.
needed it for ? playoffs ? Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 3562723908 ...if by some miracle they did mange to get in to the playoffs...all it will accomplish is to get them lower draft picks...not that it matters since they cant seem to make good choices anymore.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 7:06 pm

So is it your contention they should tank the rest of the games for a better draft pick then? LOLLOLOLOL.
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 10:44 pm

You do realize they are still well in contention for the playoffs? Stop being a fair weather fan
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptySun Nov 24, 2019 11:00 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
So is it your contention they should tank the rest of the games for a better draft pick then? LOLLOLOLOL.

i wanna see tomlin shown the door. Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 2087824411
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 12:30 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

i wanna see tomlin shown the door. Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 2087824411
Not gonna happen this year even if they lose the rest of their games - so you might as well start rooting for the Steelers again.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 1:21 am

That was one ugly win but it's better to win ugly than to lose ugly or screw ugly.

Now Tomlin has a decision to make with regards to his starting QB. If I'm in his shoes, I'm not sure what I would do because I could argue either way.

If this season has taught us anything is that we still need a few more years out of BR7.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 2:06 am

SteelersYak wrote:
That was one ugly win but it's better to win ugly than to lose ugly or screw ugly.

Now Tomlin has a decision to make with regards to his starting QB.  If I'm in his shoes, I'm not sure what I would do because I could argue either way.

If this season has taught us anything is that we still need a few more years out of BR7.

Yeah, agree with all this. An ugly win is better than an ugly loss. It would have been humiliating to lose to Bengals. Unless Duck shows something phenomenal the rest of the way it will be good to see Ben back.

I have a hard time thinking Tomlin pulls Rudolph this game only to start him again next week. Duck does look better out there. Duck playing with the same line, receivers, running backs, and less practice time.

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 3:21 am

I said it during the game. MR is a sitting duck. Pun intended. He doesn't move around well and seems to make poor decisions. On his INT I said he threw into triple coverage but if you go back there were 4 defenders there. Hodges at least is shifty enough to buy time.
I now believe we have a QB controversy.

I really don't think Duck is a better QB than Rudolph. However, Duck might give them the better chance to win. Rudolph has been slammed around enough that his confidence is low. And it's not the confidence in himself that's hurting ... he doesn't trust his offensive teammates. His interception was due to a defender hitting his arm just as the ball is released. He had Johnson open on the play (the ball didn't go in his direction, but I think that's who he was throwing to).

Unfortunately, Rudolph is thinking of how to get out of trouble. On the other hand, Duck came in and had the attitude of finding a way to win. The TD throw was the best blocking by the O-line in 2 games. Still MR probably wouldn't have even been looking at Washington at that point.

Aside from that one throw, Duck didn't perform any better ... he just looked more confident doing it.

Rudolph is the guy I would want leading a decent to good offense. Duck is a scrapper and does well when things aren't good or expectations are low.

Not sure who to start next week. I would love to see Rudolph play and beat them. But I'm not sure if he's got it inside to make that happen right now.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 3:49 am

I agree with what Labriola says here:

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-the-win-over-the-bengals-x2041
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 6:59 am

Those who thought it was rather easy to take over the reigns from Ben and that either Dobbs, Rudolph or Hodges would replace Ben, have come down to earth fast. I had higher hopes for Rudolph myself, but alas. I think Rudolph can play better than what his shown the last couple of games, but his accuracy will remain a problem forever. Hodges isn't great, but at least he can place the ball in stride when he has some time as shown on the Washington TD.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 10:18 am

Wait until "Duck" throws a pick at a crucial point in a game and watch how many of his "fans" scream for his head on a platter... Steeler fans are a trip...

MR hasnt been the same QB since he got knocked out. His O-Line is pretty abysmal. Not saying he was doing great he wasnt. DH came in and had absolutely nothing to lose and you could tell he is playing that way. Is he a better QB then MR he could be but I doubt it. Is MR the answer to our major problem at QB doesnt look like it either.

Right now at best we finish 9-7 and doubt we make it to the playoffs. Tomlin will be around a long time so anyone calling or wishing for him to be fired better get used to him being around. Going 9-7 or even 8-8 with the current amount of CATASTROPHIC injuries this team has sustained has solidified his ability to remain a fixture in the Burgh wether you like it or not.

We will remain with BB7 as the QB and start looking for his succesor if "Duck" doesnt dazzle the coaches and start putting up points. Besides his one pass to Washington he didnt really do much if you step back and look at it honestly.

Its going to be an interesting next 5 weeks. I think we finish 7-9 at this point first losing season for Tomlin but he gets a pass from the FO.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 5:46 pm

Unrelated to the Steelers: Bengals going back to the Red Rifle as QB.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1199052766209085441?s=19
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2019 8:17 pm

There was times on Sunday when I thought punting on 1st down wouldn't be a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 3:20 am

jak341 wrote:
Unrelated to the Steelers: Bengals going back to the Red Rifle as QB.

https://twitter.com/pauldehnerjr/status/1199052766209085441?s=19

If they had done that on Sunday we probably would have lost.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 6:54 am

Found this play on Twitter. Credit goes to Alex Koroza of Steelers Depot.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1199016300422606849?s=19

Watch Bush exchange with Haden to cover the WR. You didn't see this in previous years.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2019 4:36 pm

jak341 wrote:
Found this play on Twitter. Credit goes to Alex Koroza of Steelers Depot.

https://twitter.com/Alex_Kozora/status/1199016300422606849?s=19

Watch Bush exchange with Haden to cover the WR. You didn't see this in previous years.

I never paid any attention to that.He is going to be a beast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers at Bengals   Steelers at Bengals - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers at Bengals
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4