Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing

Go down 
+2
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
6 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing Empty
PostSubject: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 2:14 pm

The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967

Quote :
What started as a pipe dream when the Steelers added Derek Watt to the roster, has started to build some momentum into the world of possibility. J.J. Watt is expected to have a new home for the 2021 season. And with the J.J.’s little brothers Derek and T.J. Watt already on the roster, the Steelers have to be considered one of the favorites to land the three time NFL defensive player of the year.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/17/22235578/the-odds-of-j-j-watt-reuniting-with-his-brothers-in-pittsburgh-is-growing-steelers-tj-derek-texans

l'm for it... l know he's not the player he once was but an experienced for rotation at OLBer.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing Empty
PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 3:30 pm

No please just no...
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 4:03 pm

If we we're one piece away from a SB, then maybe. Otherwise no.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 9:36 pm

effyou515 wrote:
The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967 The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 3135543967

Quote :
What started as a pipe dream when the Steelers added Derek Watt to the roster, has started to build some momentum into the world of possibility. J.J. Watt is expected to have a new home for the 2021 season. And with the J.J.’s little brothers Derek and T.J. Watt already on the roster, the Steelers have to be considered one of the favorites to land the three time NFL defensive player of the year.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/1/17/22235578/the-odds-of-j-j-watt-reuniting-with-his-brothers-in-pittsburgh-is-growing-steelers-tj-derek-texans

l'm for it... l know he's not the player he once was but an experienced for rotation at OLBer.
if they were to bring in JJ , it would be as a DE not an OLB.  i wouldn't be opposed to it under the right conditions. if they did make a trade , 6th round pick max and his contract would have to be in the 4 million range. though no fault of his own, we are already getting robbed by one watt. derek played 52  snaps this year and will relieve the steelers bank account of 4.2 million minimum even if he never puts on a steelers uniform again. thats a lot of money for a few special teams tackles. i knew before they signed him they would fail to use him enough to justify the contract. same thing with anthony mcfarland. why did they waste a 4th round pick on him ? every couple years they bring in a scat back and dont even try to exploit what these small fast backs do best. how hard would it be to watch old charger film and see how they used darren sproles ?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptySun Jan 17, 2021 11:46 pm

MOP, what do you think, will Canada find a way to utilize McFarland's speed better? My hope is that he will. Also, perhaps he will use a fullback more and Watt will end up on the field more (I know there are questions about how effective a blocker he was when he was in, as well, so we will see).

Would love to have JJ. Great guy, great family. I can't see how the Steelers can make it happen, being in salary cap hell.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 12:11 am

Great Randino wrote:
MOP, what do you think, will Canada find a way to utilize McFarland's speed better?  My hope is that he will.  Also, perhaps he will use a fullback more and Watt will end up on the field more (I know there are questions about how effective a blocker he was when he was in, as well, so we will see).

Would love to have JJ.  Great guy, great family.  I can't see how the Steelers can make it happen, being in salary cap hell.
Canada was mcfarlands coach in 2018 at maryland. he got 1034 yds on 131 carries out of him. im guessing Canada had a hand in him being drafted. he is well aware of what anthony is capable of. in the video watch the plays at 1:43  , 2:13  , 2:33 , 3:17. he lines mcfarland up like a wingback and runs the jet sweeps with him. in highschool we ran the wing T offense and ran that same play.  im not ready to predict he will be an big upgrade over fichtner or any more successful , but he will be more creative than fichtner.

its a variation of this play. they just use another wideout instead of the tailback and offset the tightend. in highschool if you dont have the hogs to play power football you run the WING T.  my freshmen and JV years our varsity ran the Power I formation offense because they had the big boys. by the time i got to varisity all the fat asses were gone so we switched to the wing T.   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 1797695198 ..its a particularly effective offense against defense who are not used to playing against it.
The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing Wing-T-Counter

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing EmptyMon Jan 18, 2021 12:58 am

effyou515 wrote:

Quote :

You would think Steelers wouldn't be able to afford it but the writer of the article seems to have it worked out:

Quote :
If I had to put a deal together for J.J. I would guess it would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $4 Million. Just a little bit more money than Derek, as to hold bragging rights, but less than T.J. so he would have to pick up the bill when they go for dinner. You may laugh at that but I'm 100% serious...

It doesn't seem JJ is the player he used to be but maybe in Steelers D he'd fit in well especially with the talent around him and his little brother on the field with him. Maybe find a way to get Derek on the field on D for a play  The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing 2981382511   I've read that back in the 60s the 3 Alou brothers all played outfield in the same game for the Giants. It's probably never happened in NFL that 3 brothers played on one team, same side of the ball.

PostSubject: Re: The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing   The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing Empty

Back to top Go down

The odds of J.J. Watt reuniting with his brothers in Pittsburgh is growing
Page 1 of 1