Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homebest picks , worst picks Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

best picks , worst picks

Go down 
+5
kirklandrules
Stella Nation
effyou515
solardave
Master_Of_Puppets
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

best picks , worst picks Empty
PostSubject: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:06 am

so what 2 picks did you like the most and 2 that you liked the least.

best
Freiermuth - i didnt think he would be there at 55. Canada runs 21 personnel a lot , so a second TE was a huge need. i think we got the best one because i dont see pitts as a real TE. he is no more of a TE than claypool

Roche - could be a huge draft steal. the guy had like 30 sacks in college. most came at temple and at miami he shared reps so his production there was a bit lower. he will for sure beat out marsh as the primary backup.

worst

Isaiahh loudermilk - im not knocking the player , but did we need a DE that bad that we gave up a 4th ? had we not brought back wormly , sure it makes sense. personally i would have rather seen a space eating run stuffing NT.

buddy johnson - again not knocking the guy but how many ILBs do they carry on the 53 ? 4 ? i guess this will be the end of gilbert. i just think OLB depth and CB depth would have made more sense.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:10 am

best picks , worst picks Offens10
best picks , worst picks Defens10
best picks , worst picks St10
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 5:31 am

Harris and Frieirmuth are my favorites. I agree with your 2 least favorites. I don't think Loudermilk makes the 53 and Johnson may have a tough pushing Gilbert out if Gilbert can stay healthy.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:20 am

Loudermilk, Johnson and Roche are a lot like 4-3 front size.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:37 am

Difficult to pick my 2 favorites as I have 5 candidates best picks , worst picks 1797695198
Going with Harris and Moore. Moore was a steal in the 4th and only fell because there were so many quality tackles in this draft. In another year he could have gone at the end of the second round.
Easily could have said Freiermuth, Green or Roche.

Least 2 it's more easy for me.
Loudermilk, giving up a fourth for a player who still might have been there at the end of the 6th is insane.
Johnson is the other. He can be good, but we desperately needed a CB in the 4th. We lost 2 starters and didn't do anything to replace them. CB will be a big issue this season.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:40 am

solardave wrote:
Harris and Frieirmuth are my favorites. I agree with your 2 least favorites. I don't think Loudermilk makes the 53 and Johnson may have a tough pushing Gilbert out if Gilbert can stay healthy.
they traded up to get Lmilk so he would have to be pretty bad to not make it. worms would be a 1.2 million dead cap if they cut him so he aint going anywhere. i just dont know how many Dline they carry on the 53. 6 ? wasn't mondeaux and davis promoted from the practice squad after tyson and worms went down ? mondeaux for sure will get cut and a guess davis and buggs would fight it out for the 6th spot.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:46 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Difficult to pick my 2 favorites as I have 5 candidates best picks , worst picks 1797695198
Going with Harris and Moore. Moore was a steal in the 4th and only fell because there were so many quality tackles in this draft. In another year he could have gone at the end of the second round.
Easily could have said Freiermuth, Green or Roche.

Least 2 it's more easy for me.
Loudermilk, giving up a fourth for a player who still might have been there at the end of the 6th is insane.
Johnson is the other. He can be good, but we desperately needed a CB in the 4th. We lost 2 starters and didn't do anything to replace them. CB will be a big issue this season.
one of the coaches can't remember which one said they wanted Lmilk because 3-4 DE's are getting hard to find, and he played in a 3-4 at wisconsin. when you look at Dline guys this year there weren't to many body types the steelers have traditionally drafted for DE. the 6-5, 6-6 , 285-300lb range.
johnson is the same type of LB that V Will and spillane are. down hill , cant cover. i thought they were trending away from the old school thumpers. i also only thought they kept 4 on the 53. gilbert is toast for sure.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:20 pm

Quote :
this from Gerry dulac...
Buddy Johnson, ILB (4b, 140) — Of all the third-day picks, Johnson might end up being the biggest surprise. He is not only good against the run, he has the ability to play in coverage — something required of today’s NFL inside linebackers. Vince Williams was brought back for one more season, but Johnson has a chance to play in sub packages and eventually be a starter in 2022. Grade: B+

this from NFL.com
Quote :
Overview
Blue-collar inside linebacker with good size and a forceful demeanor to stake his claim inside the box. Johnson developed into a highly respected team leader during his time with the Aggies. In just his second year at inside linebacker, Johnson showed great improvement in pursuit leverage and recognition of blocking schemes, but is still learning to recognize the best pathways to the football. He meets power with power when taking on blockers and does a nice job of playing off and finding his way toward the runner. There is still room for improvement as a move tackler in the open field and he's currently a coverage liability in the passing game. Johnson has the makeup of a two-down inside linebacker with special teams value.

Dulac is the ONLY one who i have seen say this guy can cover .. best picks , worst picks 1505004552
i believe this guy was a day 3 pick because he cant cover. best picks , worst picks 2829330259
i wouldn't have minded this pick had they not brought VW or spillane back. now it just looks like an over crowded linebacker room. why did they bother investing the time they did in gilbert and allen ?
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 6:53 pm

My favorites:

Harris and Green. Yes, I thinking picking up Freiermuth was excellent value if his shoulder totally recovers. But I like the nasty that Green brings to that O-line. Every one of their selections brings solid physicality, which must be a focus they were looking for (need to get tougher). But Green has attitude and you see what he does on the field. I saw one highlight where he peeled off a double team and stuck a shoulder into a D-lineman who was being blocked by a teammate. The D-lineman was nowhere near the QB, but he decided to plant the guy anyways. I love it. And it sounds like Moore has some of that nasty as well. Apparently, Green and Moore are workout buddies, so that's interesting.

Least favorite:

I don't have two, so I'll go with the punter.

Maybe Loudermilk won't work out well. MOP, it was Butler who said he played in a similar defense using similar techniques the Steelers employ. He also said, although not as good as Heyward, the way he plays is similar to Heyward. He also said he has that 3-4 DE body type which the non-starters really don't have.

Also, about Johnson ... Jerry Olsavsky said he likes they way the guy is always attacking and tends to hit runners at or near the LOS. Also, he loved they way he played against their top draft pick (Harris).

I have no clue if any of these guys will pan out. But I'll root for them to kick ass and improve this team enough to win another SB.

Fun Fact: Heard on SNR that O-line coach Adrian Klemm was the first selection (2nd round) of the Patriots* in the 2000 draft .. the same draft as Brady. They traded their 1st round pick to acquire Belicheat.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:47 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
My favorites:

Harris and Green. Yes, I thinking picking up Freiermuth was excellent value if his shoulder totally recovers. But I like the nasty that Green brings to that O-line. Every one of their selections brings solid physicality, which must be a focus they were looking for (need to get tougher). But Green has attitude and you see what he does on the field. I saw one highlight where he peeled off a double team and stuck a shoulder into a D-lineman who was being blocked by a teammate. The D-lineman was nowhere near the QB, but he decided to plant the guy anyways. I love it. And it sounds like Moore has some of that nasty as well. Apparently, Green and Moore are workout buddies, so that's interesting.

Least favorite:

Maybe Loudermilk won't work out well. MOP, it was Butler who said he played in a similar defense using similar techniques the Steelers employ. He also said, although not as good as Heyward, the way he plays is similar to Heyward. He also said he has that 3-4 DE body type which the non-starters really don't have.

Also, about Johnson ... Jerry Olsavsky said he likes they way the guy is always attacking and tends to hit runners at or near the LOS. Also, he loved they way he played against their top draft pick (Harris).

I have no clue if any of these guys will pan out. But I'll root for them to kick ass and improve this team enough to win another SB.

Fun Fact: Heard on SNR that O-line coach Adrian Klemm was the first selection (2nd round) of the Patriots** in the 2000 draft .. the same draft as Brady. They traded their 1st round pick to acquire Belicheat.
that is so true. this team hasn't had that physical nasty identity for awhile now. even on the defense. although since they play sissy ball now in the NFL , and how quick they are to through personal foul penalties , nasty mean defenders could be a problem. No

freiermuth was asked about his shoulder and said it is good to go.

could it be in Lmilks case that they even looked ahead to next years draft and seen the pickins that may be there for DE are as slim as it was this year ?
as i said i dont dislike the pick or the ILB pick, i just thought them odd since they had brought back worms and VW. best picks , worst picks 2087824411
plus im sure they see them as projects to be brought along slowly. even heyward wasnt the heyward we know now his rookie year.

as a side note...i like shakur browns chances of making the team more than Tre Norwood.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptySun May 02, 2021 9:53 pm

question : what CB makes the 53.

my prediction Shakur Brown

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 12:05 am

Easier for me to go with the 2 I liked most and that is Harris and Freirmuth. I think it is awesome to have the chance to have studs at RB and TE again. Especially the lack of a top RB has really bothered me because to me Steelers football is defense and a great RB. I've been trying to think of the last time we've had a player coming out of college that was as high profile as Harris.

I also very much like Green and Harvin but my 2 favorites are Harris and Freirmuth

I don't want to pick least favorites. I hope they all can contribute to the team in some way

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 2:01 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
My favorites:

Least favorite:

Fun Fact: Heard on SNR that O-line coach Adrian Klemm was the first selection (2nd round) of the Patriots*** in the 2000 draft .. the same draft as Brady. They traded their 1st round pick to acquire Belicheat.
that is so true. this team hasn't had that physical nasty identity for awhile now. even on the defense. although since they play sissy ball now in the NFL , and how quick they are to through personal foul penalties , nasty mean defenders could be a problem. No

freiermuth was asked about his shoulder and said it is good to go.

could it be in Lmilks case that they even looked ahead to next years draft and seen the pickins that may be there for DE are as slim as it was this year ?
as i said i dont dislike the pick or the ILB pick, i just thought them odd since they had brought back worms and VW. best picks , worst picks 2087824411
plus im sure they see them as projects to be brought along slowly. even  heyward wasnt the heyward we know now his rookie year.

as a side note...i like shakur browns chances of making the team more than Tre Norwood.

I think you got a point on Loudermilk getting picked because next year's talent doesn't fit with the Steelers 3-4 DE profile.

Not trying to sell you on Johnson, but would your opinion improve thinking that he's a killer on ST this year and when VW heads to greener pastures, Johnson takes his place? Most 4th rounders are not expected starters year 1. He not only put up the production on the field (what I generally look at), but he tested very well in his pro day (I bet VW never ran a sub 4.6 40 nor Spillane):

LB BUDDY JOHNSON
Height: 6'0″ (14th percentile)
Weight: 229 (19th)
Arm: 31 1/2 (28th)
Hand: 9 7/8 (71st)
Vertical: 39 (90th)
Broad: 128 (96th)

40-yard: 4.57 (80th)
Short shuttle: 4.03 (96th)
3-cone: 7.04 (62nd)

effyou515 likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 3:49 pm

l like 4 picks

Harris upgrade over Conner better vision imho rush for rush same blocking would got more yards.

Freiermuth will help in the blocking in the running game type of TE that kills Steelers defenses down the seam pass catcher.

Green this is what the Steelers have done for decades draft a college guard with pro football center size.

Johnson a faster VW who has the speed to make plays sideline to sideline who will start out on special teams. might turn out to be a James Farrior LB

l really do not dislike any of the draft picks. time will tell if they put in the work to make the team they all fit in what the Steelers like to do.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 4:44 pm

effyou515 wrote:
l like 4 picks

Harris upgrade over Conner better vision imho rush for rush same blocking would got more yards.

Freiermuth will help in the blocking in the running game type of TE that kills Steelers defenses down the seam pass catcher.

Green this is what the Steelers have done for decades draft a college guard with pro football center size.

Johnson a faster VW who has the speed to make plays sideline to sideline who will start out on special teams. might turn out to be a James Farrior LB

l really do not dislike any of the draft picks. time will tell if they put in the work to make the team they all fit in what the Steelers like to do.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with this. Generally, I see questionable picks and think "someone who spends far more time looking at all the various players at each position in college football saw something in this guy .... meanwhile, I sit at my desk working for the man." Yes, I've been confused on occasion best picks , worst picks 2829330259 but usually like to see how they pan out. Hell, you get to rounds 5+ and they may be drafting for ST positions and be happy if they crack the starting lineup. Danny Smith needs guys too. But part of being a fan is to have those second guess moments. Afterall, we earn it with our sacrifice agonizing over our favorite team (and yes, the end of last season involved great personal sacrifice and agony  best picks , worst picks 3096553220 ).

Another point. All of this garbage about RBs don't have 1st round draft value. Who do you think started that trend .... the Steelers! But when you have a chance to upgrade from Connor (Lexus) to a Harris (Lambo) what fool would pass that up?! The Cheaters took Sony Michel in the 1st round of the 2018 draft. Did that pick suck? I'm all fired up now! Can't wait to see Harris in the Black and Gold!
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 5:37 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
l like 4 picks

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at with this. Generally, I see questionable picks and think "someone who spends far more time looking at all the various players at each position in college football saw something in this guy .... meanwhile, I sit at my desk working for the man." Yes, I've been confused on occasion best picks , worst picks 2829330259 but usually like to see how they pan out. Hell, you get to rounds 5+ and they may be drafting for ST positions and be happy if they crack the starting lineup. Danny Smith needs guys too. But part of being a fan is to have those second guess moments. Afterall, we earn it with our sacrifice agonizing over our favorite team (and yes, the end of last season involved great personal sacrifice and agony  best picks , worst picks 3096553220 ).

Another point. All of this garbage about RBs don't have 1st round draft value. Who do you think started that trend .... the Steelers! But when you have a chance to upgrade from Connor (Lexus) to a Harris (Lambo) what fool would pass that up?! The Cheaters took Sony Michel in the 1st round of the 2018 draft. Did that pick suck? I'm all fired up now! Can't wait to see Harris in the Black and Gold!

drafting Harris at 23 is a 2nd round plus pick. best picks , worst picks 1797695198 l didn't watch a lot of Tide games but the ones l did watch l always notice how Harris fallowed the blocks first.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 7:03 pm

effyou515 wrote:
kirklandrules wrote:
effyou515 wrote:
l like 4 picks

drafting Harris at 23 is a 2nd round plus pick.  best picks , worst picks 1797695198  l didn't watch a lot of Tide games but the ones l did watch l always notice how Harris fallowed the blocks first.

I watched a bunch of Tide games. Harris is for real. He could have been a 2nd round draft pick last year and came back. What I saw was a guy working between the tackles a bunch more than the prior year. And yes Eff, he does run off his blockers very well. He gets yards others don't. Plus he's very good blocking in the passing game, receiving, etc. Why's this offseason so damned long?
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 7:39 pm

I personally loved the Harris pick. And if we'd have picked one spot lower we likely wouldn't have him (team behind us picked Etienne). He is unquestionably the best RB coming out of college this year. Hopefully he will be the best pro as well, but time will tell of course.

I think the Steelers got it right with that pick. Also going TE second surprised me, but I think he's going to turn out to be a great pick.

The next great NFL team will be a running team.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 8:26 pm

i think etienne being a shitty pass blocker plus fumbling in 4 consecutive games , probably didnt sit well with tomlin. remember connor had a hard time getting on the field his rookie year because of his poor pass blocking
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyMon May 03, 2021 8:57 pm

i REALLY am high on this guy. i think he at the least will be on highsmiths level as a pass rusher. he should have stayed at temple ,going to miami didnt work in his favor. as he put it he was 2nd fiddle there.
you guys need to hop on this band wagon quick...i'll be watching... best picks , worst picks 2097682944

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyTue May 04, 2021 1:56 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :
this from Gerry dulac...
Buddy Johnson, ILB (4b, 140) — Of all the third-day picks, Johnson might end up being the biggest surprise. He is not only good against the run, he has the ability to play in coverage — something required of today’s NFL inside linebackers. Vince Williams was brought back for one more season, but Johnson has a chance to play in sub packages and eventually be a starter in 2022. Grade: B+

this from NFL.com
Quote :
Overview
Blue-collar inside linebacker with good size and a forceful demeanor to stake his claim inside the box. Johnson developed into a highly respected team leader during his time with the Aggies. In just his second year at inside linebacker, Johnson showed great improvement in pursuit leverage and recognition of blocking schemes, but is still learning to recognize the best pathways to the football. He meets power with power when taking on blockers and does a nice job of playing off and finding his way toward the runner. There is still room for improvement as a move tackler in the open field and he's currently a coverage liability in the passing game. Johnson has the makeup of a two-down inside linebacker with special teams value.

Dulac is the ONLY one who i have seen say this guy can cover .. best picks , worst picks 1505004552
i believe this guy was a day 3 pick because he cant cover. best picks , worst picks 2829330259
i wouldn't have minded this pick had they not brought VW or spillane back. now it just looks like an over crowded linebacker room. why did they bother investing the time they did in gilbert and allen ?

In Dulac's defense he said he has the "ability" to cover. Maybe he has the tools, he just needs to sharpen them?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyTue May 04, 2021 2:22 am

what do ya'll think of this ? i'm kinda on the fence. he hasn't been bad , just not great. i think he has improved every year. he just aint been a big play guy. his ball skills are a little lacking. we could do better but we could also do worse ... best picks , worst picks 2087824411

Quote :
Steelers decline fifth-year option on former first-round pick
Sports

NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on Safety Terrell Edmunds

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (WKBN) – NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on safety Terrell Edmunds.

The contract option was reportedly worth $6.753 million.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:17 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
what do ya'll think of this ? i'm kinda on the fence. he hasn't been bad , just not great. i think he has improved every year. he just aint been a big play guy. his ball skills are a little lacking. we could do better but we could also do worse ... best picks , worst picks 2087824411

Quote :
Sports

NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on Safety Terrell Edmunds

PITTSBURGH, Pennsylvania (WKBN) – NFL Network is reporting that the Steelers are declining the fifth-year option on safety Terrell Edmunds.

I think this has to be his year to finally prove he was worth a 1st rd pick. If he does I think he'll get an extension after the season but if not he's probably gone. To this point he has been average IMO.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyTue May 04, 2021 3:52 am

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :
Sports

I think this has to be his year to finally prove he was worth a 1st rd pick. If he does I think he'll get an extension after the season but if not he's probably gone. To this point he has been average IMO.
thats just it..the steelers are betting against him. they didnt hesitate to sign minkahs ten million option.
if he balls out that 6.7 would go way up.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks EmptyTue May 04, 2021 4:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Quote :
Sports

thats just it..the steelers are betting against him. they didnt hesitate to sign minkahs ten million option.
if he balls out that 6.7 would go way up.
You're right but Minkah and Terrell are very different. Minkah was a true 1st rounder. I think we reached for Edmunds. Maybe they think if he balls out he'll be worth more. best picks , worst picks 2087824411 Here is a list and not many were declined:
https://www.nfl.com/news/fifth-year-option-tracker-for-2018-first-round-picks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: best picks , worst picks   best picks , worst picks Empty

Back to top Go down

best picks , worst picks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next