Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeHall of Fame Game Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Hall of Fame Game

Go down 
+7
jak341
IowaSteeler927
SteelerFreak58
effyou515
kirklandrules
vasteeler
Great Randino
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Its this Thursday, let's hear some opinions.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyTue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Excited to see Rudolph and Haskins. Hoping one of them wows the shit out of me.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

kirklandrules and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 1:41 pm

Looking for Najee to score 3 times on 3 touches, 150 yards ... all because the O-line blocks the sh!t outta Jerry's boys.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 7:00 pm

https://triblive.com/sports/five-things-to-watch-in-thursdays-steelers-preseason-opener-vs-cowboys/

Five Things to watch in Thursday’s Steelers preseason opener vs. Cowboys

QB2 battle
rookie reviews
nickel odeon
splash makers
Pressley and the Aussie

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyWed Aug 04, 2021 10:53 pm

I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I'm most interested in seeing how Dobbs executes the new offense. He's by far the most mobile of the QB's, meaning the most likely to add a whole new dimension to that offensive scheme that just doesn't exist with the other 3.

I personally would keep him for sure, and then trade (or release) either Rudolph or Haskins (or wait to see if one gets injured in preseason and they can IR someone.)
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 1:08 am

Looking forward to seeing the offense without Randy Fitchner and his predictable bullshit. Hopefully Canada lets Mason and Haskins throw mid and deep routes and stretch the field take some pressure off that brand spanking new Oline and keep the Cowgirls defense from crowding the shit out of the box...
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 3:47 am

Great Randino wrote:
I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I'm most interested in seeing how Dobbs executes the new offense.  He's by far the most mobile of the QB's, meaning the most likely to add a whole new dimension to that offensive scheme that just doesn't exist with the other 3.

I personally would keep him for sure, and then trade (or release) either Rudolph or Haskins (or wait to see if one gets injured in preseason and they can IR someone.)

Reading the camp notes, it doesn't look good for Dobbs (for now). He hasn't been getting a lot of snaps. Most of the snaps have been between Ben, Rudolph, and Haskins. Ben is playing well with his few snaps, Rudolph hasn't exactly lit things up and from what I've read has been a bit of a checkdown charlie, and Haskins has actually been playing really well. If I remember correctly he's lead the offense to scores on every one of his two minute drill opportunities. He's also pushed the ball down the field a lot more than Rudolph and has been more successful in camp so far in that regard.

Honestly I think Dobbs is the odd man out. Perhaps they stick him on the practice squad, but I think Rudolph and Haskins are going to compete for that QB2 spot and whomever loses that battle is going to to be the QB3. All of that being said, I think Haskins needs to do what he's been doing in camp in the actual preseason games. Kid has an arm, and he's got the talent to be good. Whether or not he puts it together on the field and in a game... well we're going to find out.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 12:35 pm

plus we get to look at what shape the rag tag o-line is in.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 12:58 pm

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2021/8/5/22611088/5-steelers-players-to-watch-on-offense-vs-the-cowboys-preseason-nfl-kendrick-green-dwayne-haskins

5 Steelers players to watch on offense vs. the Cowboys

The Pittsburgh Steelers start their 2021 preseason Thursday night, and here are some players to keep your eye on during the game.

Kendrick Green — Center — No. 53
Dan Moore Jr. — Offensive Tackle — No. 65
Dwayne Haskins — Quarterback — No. 3
Anthony McFarland Jr. — Running Back — No. 26
Pat Freiermuth — Tight End — No. 88

Honorable Mention:

Najee Harris — Running Back — No. 22
Trai Turner — Offensive Guard — No. 51
James Washington — Wide Receiver — No. 13

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Hall of Fame Game 1372836603
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:25 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
I'm sure I'm in the minority - but I'm most interested in seeing how Dobbs executes the new offense.  He's by far the most mobile of the QB's, meaning the most likely to add a whole new dimension to that offensive scheme that just doesn't exist with the other 3.

Reading the camp notes, it doesn't look good for Dobbs (for now). He hasn't been getting a lot of snaps. Most of the snaps have been between Ben, Rudolph, and Haskins. Ben is playing well with his few snaps, Rudolph hasn't exactly lit things up and from what I've read has been a bit of a checkdown charlie, and Haskins has actually been playing really well. If I remember correctly he's lead the offense to scores on every one of his two minute drill opportunities. He's also pushed the ball down the field a lot more than Rudolph and has been more successful in camp so far in that regard.

Honestly I think Dobbs is the odd man out. Perhaps they stick him on the practice squad, but I think Rudolph and Haskins are going to compete for that QB2 spot and whomever loses that battle is going to to be the QB3. All of that being said, I think Haskins needs to do what he's been doing in camp in the actual preseason games. Kid has an arm, and he's got the talent to be good. Whether or not he puts it together on the field and in a game... well we're going to find out.

I'm sure you are right. They never mention Dobbs.

I just don't like Rudolph. And I'm not high on Haskins. Wishful thinking that they will give Joshua a chance.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:27 pm

I hope everyone who thinks Mason Rudolph is the future is happy now.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:54 pm

OL isn't inspiring a lot of confidence.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 8:57 pm

Defense is even more Blah.  Wow, just let them march down the field every time.

Great to see a blocked FG attempt though.

Rudolph so far has:
  • made some easy throws
    fumbled away a drive
    thrown high to end another drive.

Great start.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 9:23 pm

Lot's of slop. Slop. Slop. Slop. That's about it.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 10:23 pm

Haskins making some nice passes with a lot of zip and accuracy... some dropped passes are slowing things down for him. Ballage is running nice...

effyou515 and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 10:44 pm

Dobbs throwing very well.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyThu Aug 05, 2021 10:52 pm

I thought Haskins looked really good.

Dobbs threw the ball well and did a nice job, looked very good.

Rudolph doesn't have much to offer.

Ballage did some nice running.

#29, Brown is his name - made numerous special teams plays. He is a goer. He also forced a holding penalty on a punt return too.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 4:35 am

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

I think you are right on all this. Dobbs played well tonight but it seems like the 2 spots after Ben are likely going to Haskins and Rudolph (not necessarily that order).

It was good to see the Black Gold on the field again even if it wasn't starters for the most part. I thought Harris looked good. I didn't think I'd ever be interested in a punter, especially in pre-season, but I was looking forward to seeing him kick...one punt at the 1 foot line and another for a turnover. Ballage and Haskins looked good too.

It was also great seeing the new Steelers HOFers. It's awesome and long overdue that Shell is in. We have 2 coaches in a row the Hall now.

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 10:55 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Haskins making some nice passes with a lot of zip and accuracy... some dropped passes are slowing things down for him. Ballage is running nice...

imho haskins is QB2 then again l've been on the haskins train since the steelers picked him up.

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:25 pm

Great Randino wrote:

#29, Brown is his name - made numerous special teams plays.  He is a goer.  He also forced a holding penalty on a punt return too.

I have to confess that I was hoping Rudolph could be the guy. Purely because if he's not, then the Steelers will have to find the next guy. I have no faith Haskins can be that guy. I thought Rudolph played well given they weren't running a full playbook, only half the starters played, he faced most of the defensive starters, and it was the 1st preseason game. He's credited with 2 incompletions, although I think Claypool catches his in a regular season game. The other incompletion was bad given it was on 3rd down. As for the fumble, Claypool should know his playbook a little better. It was obvious he was unaware he was getting a hand-off on that play, but that's what preseason football is for (fixing problems before the games count). Finally, Rudolph was the only QB to go downfield successfully on the night and he dropped a dime.

Haskins did ok, but I didn't see anything that made me think he's ahead of Rudolph. I thought his one deep pass was a decent throw even if it fell incomplete.

Dobbs is who he is. I think he's the odd man out. I suspect the coaches are auditioning him for another team.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 12:41 pm

I really liked what the O-line did last night. I saw aggression and they were attacking the defensive line on run plays. I was very surprised by how well Dan Moore played. He looked very sharp and strong at the point of attack. Although it's hard to see exactly what the center does on most run plays, but he seemed to get to his assignment and appeared to arrive with a gritty attitude.

Maybe my choice of player of the game was Harvin. Seems every punt was awesome. His first punt was the most boring: 35 yards and downed on the 10. It only got better from there.
Still can't believe the 45 yarder that absolutely stuck to the 1 yard line. Hall of Fame Game 1650858226

Most disappointing to me was the lack of plays by Gilbert III and Spillane. Gilbert missing that tackle on 3rd and long (which was converted) isn't good ... you're fighting for a position on this team and you miss a key tackle? Hall of Fame Game 2744185472

effyou515 and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 3:54 pm

kirklandrules wrote:
Great Randino wrote:

#29, Brown is his name - made numerous special teams plays.  He is a goer.  He also forced a holding penalty on a punt return too.

I have to confess that I was hoping Rudolph could be the guy. Purely because if he's not, then the Steelers will have to find the next guy. I have no faith Haskins can be that guy. I thought Rudolph played well given they weren't running a full playbook, only half the starters played, he faced most of the defensive starters, and it was the 1st preseason game. He's credited with 2 incompletions, although I think Claypool catches his in a regular season game. The other incompletion was bad given it was on 3rd down. As for the fumble, Claypool should know his playbook a little better. It was obvious he was unaware he was getting a hand-off on that play, but that's what preseason football is for (fixing problems before the games count). Finally, Rudolph was the only QB to go downfield successfully on the night and he dropped a dime.

Haskins did ok, but I didn't see anything that made me think he's ahead of Rudolph. I thought his one deep pass was a decent throw even if it fell incomplete.

Dobbs is who he is. I think he's the odd man out. I suspect the coaches are auditioning him for another team.

l don't know but Ohio State's base offense Haskins ran translates well into Canada's offense so he's doing to make Mason earn the #QB2 spot.

l like both QBs l think there's going to be some good competition going on this pre-season which is good for the 2 QBs and the Steelers.

the 3rd and 5, 3rd and goal out route touchdown that haskins throw with a unblocked blitzing coming full speed the arc, speed and depth was perfect, didn't flinch got the ball out on time and took the big hit. showed me a ot about haskins toughness.

Last edited by effyou515 on Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptyFri Aug 06, 2021 4:08 pm

My new favorite Steeler Pressley Harvin Hall of Fame Game 1797695198 Pressley Harvin is in real life on TV now l believe the 6' 265lbs that man is big and thick and if that punting game he put on is for real we got a winner.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game EmptySat Aug 07, 2021 4:45 am

effyou515 wrote:
My new favorite Steeler Pressley Harvin Hall of Fame Game 1797695198 Pressley Harvin is in real life on TV now l believe the 6' 265lbs that man is big and thick and if that punting game he put on is for real we got a winner.

Yeah we need a nickname for Harvin. That one he nailed to the 1 yd line looked like Velcro Hall of Fame Game 1797695198 .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hall of Fame Game Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Game   Hall of Fame Game Empty

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame Game
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next