Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeWhy are we the only team who fires no one? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Why are we the only team who fires no one?

Go down 
+3
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
Shalieve5090
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Why are we the only team who fires no one? Empty
PostSubject: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 1:25 pm

Panthers fired their coach, Colts now fired theirs. Yet we stand pat with the same bullshit week in and week out. Smh
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:28 pm

Shalieve5090 wrote:
Panthers fired their coach, Colts now fired theirs. Yet we stand pat with the same bullshit week in and week out. Smh

The Standard is the Standard even if it's a big steaming pile of dog shit!!!Why are we the only team who fires no one? 3562723908

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyMon Nov 07, 2022 3:48 pm

One thing they could do is bring Reich on as an offensive "advisor". At the end of the season, if Canada still isn't getting it done, there's an easy transition (kind of like what they did with Flores).

Its probably the best that can be hoped for, they've already decided not to move on from Matt in-season.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 3:03 am

Great Randino wrote:
One thing they could do is bring Reich on as an offensive "advisor".  At the end of the season, if Canada still isn't getting it done, there's an easy transition (kind of like what they did with Flores).

Its probably the best that can be hoped for, they've already decided not to move on from Matt in-season.

Yeah you're right GR. I don't see Canada going anywhere this year except to the bank.For the record I would be fine with giving Reich a job.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 3:22 am

The Colts are the only team with less points per game than the Steelers and you want their ex-coach as our next OC? And I know he was great in that role when Philly won the SB, but how much was that his merit after what happened with the Colts I'm wondering.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 4:54 am

Stella Nation wrote:
The Colts are the only team with less points per game than the Steelers and you want their ex-coach as our next OC? And I know he was great in that role when Philly won the SB, but how much was that his merit after what happened with the Colts I'm wondering.

I hear you Stella but then there's this.Carson Mediocre Wentz...Matty Iced...I guess we'll see what Saturday does in the interim.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/frank-reichs-firing-shows-new-colts-coach-will-need-qb-to-succeed

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 12:58 pm

solardave wrote:
Stella Nation wrote:

I hear you Stella but then there's this.Carson Mediocre Wentz...Matty Iced...I guess we'll see what Saturday does in the interim.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/frank-reichs-firing-shows-new-colts-coach-will-need-qb-to-succeed
I get your point, Stella.  but head coach is a completely different role than OC.  When he was an OC, his offense was strong.

That Philly offense when they won the super bowl was something to behold.  Its what Canada's offense should look like but doesn't.  Their biggest mistake was letting Nick Foles go.  He was perfect for that offense, and Wentz wasn't.  Should have sent Wentz packing right then and there.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 12:05 am

Frank Reich is light years better at OC then Canada and would be a huge improvement over him from the time he walked in to the locker room. His teams he was OC for have put up points. Something Canada has not done at ALL with him calling plays. Those are the simple facts.

Right now there is an immediate major upgrade out there the team could bring in and it's got its thumb up it ass cause the Standard is the Standards... whatever the fuck that means at this point...

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 2:45 pm

But hey Tomlin let's keep Canada around while Frank Reich is out there... holy shit this offense is really bad...

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2022/11/10/ridiculous-statistic-shows-how-offensively-inept-steelers-are
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 3:07 pm

Because the Steelers are such a NICE organization. Why are we the only team who fires no one? 1797695198

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptySat Nov 12, 2022 5:18 am

effyou515 wrote:
Because the Steelers are such a NICE organization. Why are we the only team who fires no one? 1797695198

Maybe that's the STANDARD. Why are we the only team who fires no one? 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 6:19 am

CLARENCE E. FRAME FROM ASHLAND, KY: Why not hire Frank Reich to be the next offensive coordinator?
ANSWER: There are a bunch of reasons why not, but let's begin with the most obvious, and that is Matt Canada currently is the Steelers offensive coordinator. But in the event the Steelers are in the market for a new offensive coordinator come 2023, fans should understand that maybe Frank Reich is not interested in going back to being an offensive coordinator after being a head coach, and maybe Reich decides to take a step back and evaluate some of his priorities and plans for the future. And the fact Colts Owner Jim Irsay recently signed him to a contract extension through the 2026 season – and in the NFL coaching contracts are guaranteed – Reich is owed in the neighborhood of $36 million by Indianapolis. That's the kind of cushion that would allow anyone to take his time before jumping into a new job.

https://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered-nov-13-x2800
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 1:25 pm

He could get paid twice, what would be wrong with that? Why are we the only team who fires no one? 1f60e
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptySun Nov 13, 2022 3:04 pm

solardave wrote:
CLARENCE E. FRAME FROM ASHLAND, KY: Why not hire Frank Reich to be the next offensive coordinator?
ANSWER: There are a bunch of reasons why not, but let's begin with the most obvious, and that is Matt Canada currently is the Steelers offensive coordinator. But in the event the Steelers are in the market for a new offensive coordinator come 2023, fans should understand that maybe Frank Reich is not interested in going back to being an offensive coordinator after being a head coach, and maybe Reich decides to take a step back and evaluate some of his priorities and plans for the future. And the fact Colts Owner Jim Irsay recently signed him to a contract extension through the 2026 season – and in the NFL coaching contracts are guaranteed – Reich is owed in the neighborhood of $36 million by Indianapolis. That's the kind of cushion that would allow anyone to take his time before jumping into a new job.

https://www.steelers.com/news/asked-and-answered-nov-13-x2800

Quote :
fans should understand that maybe Frank Reich is not interested in going back to being an offensive coordinator after being a head coach

and if Reich still wants to be a HC he'd be here only couple years if he turns the offense around.

And once again the truth is found
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 2:27 am

As much as it pains me to say this, firing Canada at this point in the season isn't the best answer. We have a rookie QB playing under center and the offense has actually started to show a bit of improvement. It's not going to do us any real good forcing our young QB to have to adjust to a new coach and system this late into the season. We finish out the season and see if the improvements continue, and if they don't then you fire Canada and get a new OC.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 7:28 pm

Very good points, Iowa. I would have to agree.

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 3:06 am

Yeah I also think Canada should finish out the season and if there isn't a drastic improvement before the season ends he should be "laid-off" so he can file for unemployment. Why are we the only team who fires no one? 2981382511
I say he should file because I don't see much of a line waiting to snatch him up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why are we the only team who fires no one?   Why are we the only team who fires no one? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why are we the only team who fires no one?
Page 1 of 1