Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKenny Pickett fires back Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Kenny Pickett fires back

Go down 
+9
Great Randino
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
Master_Of_Puppets
Stella Nation
Steeler-in-west
LambertWardSteel
solardave
vasteeler
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
vasteeler

vasteeler

Kenny Pickett fires back Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Jul 19, 2023 5:23 pm

https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-kenny-pickett-fires-back-offense-concerns/?fbclid=IwAR2BiZsxtBfFFmw2sKFzbF7C9vJmqZWNEQ5HiwECszj9CY_XU81_Y6T1BGQ

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 5:48 am

vasteeler wrote:
https://steelersnow.com/pittsburgh-steelers-kenny-pickett-fires-back-offense-concerns/?fbclid=IwAR2BiZsxtBfFFmw2sKFzbF7C9vJmqZWNEQ5HiwECszj9CY_XU81_Y6T1BGQ

Good article. I personally think that by game one we'll see a tailored offense that is different than the last 2 years. Canada has to know he'll be in the hot seat. We saw last year that KP is mobile and can throw on the run. He also needs to make good decisions. I'd love to see our run game be a serious factor where PA is not just something we throw at them to keep them honest. We know Najee is good and I think he can be great. I also think Jaylen Warren will be our #2 punch. I was really impressed with him last year.

But at the end of the day this is the pass happy NFL so stretch the damn field some MATT!

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Jul 21, 2023 10:01 am

I think it all comes down to O-line, Pickett and Canada.
If all of those are even just a little better than last year I think we will be a playoff team.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyMon Jul 24, 2023 3:23 am

vasteeler wrote:
I think it all comes down to O-line, Pickett and Canada.
If all of those are even just a little better than last year I think we will be a playoff team.

Right. I think the line will be improved in both pass protection and the running game. I hope KP picks up where he left off and builds on that and if Canada doesn't bring out the best in these guys with his play calling he doesn't deserve to be here. I just hope we don't have to suffer through a season full of promise that falls short OF THE STICKS. With Jackson,Watson,and Burrow all on our schedule twice each there will either be "shootouts" or ass whoopins. I'd like for us to be the ones kickin' some ass. I don't care about the names. Kenny Pickett fires back 2981382511
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyThu Jul 27, 2023 12:34 am

solardave wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

Good article. I personally think that by game one we'll see a tailored offense that is different than the last 2 years. Canada has to know he'll be in the hot seat. We saw last year that KP is mobile and can throw on the run. He also needs to make good decisions. I'd love to see our run game be a serious factor where PA is not just something we throw at them to keep them honest. We know Najee is good and I think he can be great. I also think Jaylen Warren will be our #2 punch. I was really impressed with him last year.

But at the end of the day this is the pass happy NFL so stretch the damn field some MATT!

I am really hoping for big things from Kenny this year. I really loved Warren last year and look forward to seeing him in year 2, and he and Najee running behind a better line. I think this year's draft was awesome. I think we have a shot at being a top D too.  I'm more excited about this season than I have been for a while Kenny Pickett fires back 1948569602

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyMon Jul 31, 2023 3:57 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
solardave wrote:
vasteeler wrote:

I am really hoping for big things from Kenny this year. I really loved Warren last year and look forward to seeing him in year 2, and he and Najee running behind a better line. I think this year's draft was awesome. I think we have a shot at being a top D too.  I'm more excited about this season than I have been for a while Kenny Pickett fires back 1948569602

If he stays healthy Kwon Alexander will fit nicely in the rotation at MLB. Of course it's way to early to tell but I'm excited about this roster. I think our biggest threat will be injuries.

pczach and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 02, 2023 4:54 pm

Kenny looking good on this pass....

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 9:29 pm

Pistol smishtol, most of the success rides on KP and the O line. I think we’ll get a clue to how good the offense is this Saturday in the first couple drives at least. I’m optimistic
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 4:57 am

Anyone else who saw the game against the Bucs? Kenny really looked good in the opening drive. Also most of the WR's looked great: DJ, Pickens and CAIII. That guy is really really fast, I hope he can stay healthy. Kwon Alexander is a great acquisition. OL did look solid, but you can see Broderick Jones still needs to improve a lot to become a starter. He has the potential though. Keanu Benton and Nick Herbig really stood out as rookies and Washington is a monster Kenny Pickett fires back 1797695198
My first impression is that OL and LB are improved, DL probably too. And those were our weakest spots last year. And it seems that Kenny has taken the next step.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 8:00 am

am i the only one reserving judgement on pickett ? i mean he didnt exactly set the field on fire last year. dont get me wrong. he did some good things and i like that he improved every year at pitt, but i'm questioning how high is ceiling is.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 10:03 am

I understand you, it's way too early to tell if Kenny will be the franchise QB. But I like it that he improved during the season and showed nice potential at the end of games with some great finishes. And I like it that I'm seeing more progression during this preseason as well. But he's far from being one of the top QB's and we'll have to wait to see how high his ceiling is, but until proven he won't be the guy I have faith in him.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 11:13 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
am i the only one reserving judgement on pickett ? i mean he didnt exactly set the field on fire last year. dont get me wrong. he did some good things and i like that he improved every year at pitt, but i'm questioning how high is ceiling is.

Nope, very concerned. Just optimistically hopeful

Steeler-in-west likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:38 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

He definitely had more zip on the balls he threw in that first preseason against Tampa. So that's a good thing. He showed growth last year and has a full preseason, training camp and OTAs and off season workouts with the first team to have built rapore with them.

I am optimistic about Kenny. He has shown He can lead this team to late victories. I am jus5 hoping Canada let's him play and gets out of his way.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 1:40 pm

I think the comments on this thread pretty much sum up the feelings of most Steelers fans. It's still a wait and see thing, there are questions about his ceiling, but cautious optimism abounds. That's where I'm at...just really hope he can be good...better than good. I've heard comparisons to Neil O'Donnel, but that's probably not enough modern NFL...especially in the AFC. We'll see how it plays out. Hopefully he has a huge year 2 jump.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 2:08 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He definitely had more zip on the balls he threw in that first preseason against Tampa. So that's a good thing.

That was my biggest concern with him last year, aside from the typical rookie stuff ... he tended to float a lot of passes. I wasn't sure if that was due to arm strength, mechanics or something else. If that issue gets resolved, I'm nothing but optimistic.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 2:44 pm

Hoping for the best... planning for the worst!Kenny Pickett fires back 3562723908
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 3:01 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
He definitely had more zip on the balls he threw in that first preseason against Tampa. So that's a good thing.

That was my biggest concern with him last year, aside from the typical rookie stuff ... he tended to float a lot of passes. I wasn't sure if that was due to arm strength, mechanics or something else. If that issue gets resolved, I'm nothing but optimistic.

He went into the off-season with a plan to strengthen his arm and throwing mechanics. He brought in all of the recievers to workout on their time and they all showed up to build chemistry. To me that's all we can ask for. He put a ton of extra work in to elevate his game.

From what I have read he is putting in a ton of effort to make sure he has elevated his game. That says a lot to me. He is leading by example and the team from what it looks like is rallied around him.

He has shown he is willing to donwhat it takes. Now it's just about staying healthy and executing out there when it matters something far easier said then done.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 9:41 am

just asking because i have seen  a shit load of steeler fans acting like he had an amazing season for a rookie . personally Bens rookie season my thought were this guy has the "it" factor. but after watching Pickett, i find myself making excuses for him such as , well maybe Canada is an albatross around his neck. his receivers are subpar.
the truth is i don't think he will ever be an elite QB , i'm thinking he will top out as a very good game manager QB. an alex smith type of QB. A guy you can win with as long as he has the talent around him.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 11:31 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
just asking because i have seen  a shit load of steeler fans acting like he had an amazing season for a rookie . personally Bens rookie season my thought were this guy has the "it" factor. but after watching Pickett, i find myself making excuses for him such as , well maybe Canada is an albatross around his neck. his receivers are subpar.
the truth is i don't think he will ever be an elite QB , i'm thinking he will top out as a very good game manager QB. an alex smith type of QB. A guy you can win with as long as he has the talent around him.

You're definitely right about Ben....I remember that feeling too. It felt like we finally had a top 3-5 QB again.You may be right about Kenny too. Time will tell. It would be nice to see him come out and make a really big year 2 jump and show he's capable of developing into more.  Ben had a lot of vets on offense to help him where Kenny has a lot of youth around him. If he is a game manager is it possible in today's NFL, in the AFC with all the big arms, to win a Super Bowl with a game manager QB and a top 5 or so D and running game?

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 1:02 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

You're definitely right about Ben....I remember that feeling too. It felt like we finally had a top 3-5 QB again.You may be right about Kenny too. Time will tell. It would be nice to see him come out and make a really big year 2 jump and show he's capable of developing into more.  Ben had a lot of vets on offense to help him where Kenny has a lot of youth around him. If he is a game manager is it possible in today's NFL, in the AFC with all the big arms, to win a Super Bowl with a game manager QB and a top 5 or so D and running game?

i think he will make the year 2 jump. his improved supporting cast alone should give give him a boost. the real factor in his progression will be Canada. how much control Canada is willing to give him. kenny is limited physically. his success will have to come from between his ears not his arm. he's got the right demeanor. he doesnt get rattled or panics. i think thats what separates him from mitch and mason. by all accounts unlike Ben, he doesnt mind spending time in the film room.
i could be way off. i'm just going by what i saw last year. what i saw was a lot of safe sub 10 yard passes. most likely that was by Canada's design. it just wasn't enough variety to form an educated opinion of whats to be.  i consumed a bunch of pitt youtube clips from kenny's tenure , and he didnt strike me as a super conservative scared to go downfield QB. as i said before, you could see kennys steady evolution during his college tenure. thats important to me. guys like rudolf and trubisky are still basically the same players they were 5 years ago. still making the same mistakes with the same bad habits.

sure, i absolutely do think a game manager QB can win a SB. its a team sport with 3 different units. a team firing on all cylinders is unbeatable.

Stella Nation and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 4:30 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i think he will make the year 2 jump. his improved supporting cast alone should give give him a boost. the real factor in his progression will be Canada. how much control Canada is willing to give him. kenny is limited physically. his success will have to come from between his ears not his arm. he's got the right demeanor. he doesnt get rattled or panics. i think thats what separates him from mitch and mason. by all accounts unlike Ben, he doesnt mind spending time in the film room.
i could be way off. i'm just going by what i saw last year. what i saw was a lot of safe sub 10 yard passes. most likely that was by Canada's design. it just wasn't enough variety to form an educated opinion of whats to be.  i consumed a bunch of pitt youtube clips from kenny's tenure , and he didnt strike me as a super conservative scared to go downfield QB. as i said before, you could see kennys steady evolution during his college tenure. thats important to me. guys like rudolf and trubisky are still basically the same players they were 5 years ago. still making the same mistakes with the same bad habits.

sure, i absolutely do think a game manager QB can win a SB. its a team sport with 3 different units. a team firing on all cylinders is unbeatable.

Well said, MoP. I've liked what I've seen of Kenny, I am hopeful for great things from him.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 5:04 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

He didn't have an amazing rookie season. He had a season where he showed growth over the course of the season. Was it skyrocket growth? No but it was steady and it was in a way Steeler fans are accustomed to and that is winning. They came up one game short of a playoff birth with a rookie first year QB. They turned a 2-6 start into a 9-8 finish. That's way better then ending 3-14 or 4-13...

This year if they can win one Wildcard game I will see it as all of it moving in the right direction. Do I want a trophy and a  ring for them? Hell yes I do but I am being realistic.

This year if Kenny can use all of his weapons, diagnose Defenses and successfully audible plays from the line of scrimmage, and score 10 to 15 more TDs this year then last year I will consider him a good replacement for Ben.

Still not sure if they have the right OC in there Canada hasn't done anything to prove he is an NFL OC and the only reason I believe he didn't get fired is because they wanted continuity for Pickett in year 2.

Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
86Ward
Xtreme Newb
86Ward

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 5:23 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I wouldn't say you are.  I would reserve judgement but I'll also say that the arrow is pointing up and the trajectory, for me, seems to be higher than I thought it would be.  Take the second half of his season and I'd say it was pretty good...if he can put that together for a full season, that could be special. The thing that is disappointing is Canada may be holding him back and stunting his growth because of the inept offense that he runs. If they start over with a new OC next season, that could set Pickett back or keep the growth at a level pace for a couple seasons...

tube517, pczach and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyFri Aug 18, 2023 9:49 pm

Diontae's super-specific confidence

LATROBE, Pa. -- Diontae Johnson didn't hesitate, didn't mince words.

"The biggest difference," he was telling me the other day, "is that we're sticking by what we believe is the best play. The first read can be the best read."

This was part of a long talk he and I had. Our best in a good while. And not surprisingly, given his rather direct personality, it led to what might've been my most eye-opening information of the Steelers' training camp that concluded yesterday at Saint Vincent College: Kenny Pickett's sticking by his primary reads with precisely the confidence one would expect of an NFL starting quarterback.

He isn't panicking. He isn't abandoning the pocket at the first sign of pressure. He isn't putting the ball into the figurative 50th row of seats. And maybe more to the point, he isn't checking down to the plainest possible option.

https://dkpittsburghsports.com/2023/08/18/diontae-johnson-kenny-pickett-jeff-carter-paul-skenes-steelers-penguins-pirates-friday-insider-dk

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
mojouw
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back EmptyMon Aug 21, 2023 10:58 am

KP seems to also be "throwing guys open" in limited preseason action way more than he did in his rookie season.

The most recent touchdown to PF was a throw that rookie KP tries to put up and over rather than to the shoulder on the hash mark side. Not explaining this well.

But the bottom line is that KP looks WAY more confident about being a QB. Seems like he is trusting himself more and Johnson's comments seem to echo that.

Wallace108, solardave, tube517, pczach and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Pickett fires back   Kenny Pickett fires back Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Pickett fires back
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next