Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeDomain Expired - Page 2 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Domain Expired

Go down 
+11
Master_Of_Puppets
LambertWardSteel
Drizztbob
kirklandrules
vasteeler
solardave
Steelers Xtreme
Wallace108
SteelerFreak58
Stella Nation
IowaSteeler927
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Domain Expired - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 09, 2023 1:47 pm

IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Hey, Guys. Sorry I've been away and allowed this issue to arise. Been dealing with a lot of work/life stuff for quite a while, and being distracted, I totally forgot to renew the domain name.

Long story short, I originally purchased the name through Forumotion and renewed it every year with a click of a button in the Admin panel. I never dealt durectly with godaddy.

Right now, godaddy has the domain name parked, and I'm not sure how to get it back short of buying it directly from there for a much larger chunk of money than I'm willing to spend.

For now, we can use the original forumotion address. If I can't get the domain back cheaply, maybe we'll rebrand or something. Not sure yet. Still trying to figure all this out, which I'll do when I'm done kicking myself in the ass for allowing it to happen.

Anyway, I'm glad to see some of you have found your way back. Domain Expired - Page 2 230572241

How much is it to get the domain name back? If you don't mind my asking of course.

I posted on the Facebook page as well with the forumotion link so others can find their way here. If I get some free time I'll look into emailing folks as well.

Thanks for the e-mail, Iowa. It was good to see the forum pop up again in my e-mail and to see all you when I stopped back over. I had been away for a good while prior to this happening with the domain. I did look back recently but the site wasn't there. Anyhow, again...nice seeing you all again. I'd like to get active again as this is the only forum I'm a member of (although as Groucho Marx said I'm leery to be a member of anything that would have me) I'd be more than willing to pay membership fee or contribute to solving the domain issue.

Wallace108, Master_Of_Puppets, solardave, IowaSteeler927 and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 14, 2023 5:33 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Hey, Guys. Sorry I've been away and allowed this issue to arise. Been dealing with a lot of work/life stuff for quite a while, and being distracted, I totally forgot to renew the domain name.

Long story short, I originally purchased the name through Forumotion and renewed it every year with a click of a button in the Admin panel. I never dealt durectly with godaddy.

Right now, godaddy has the domain name parked, and I'm not sure how to get it back short of buying it directly from there for a much larger chunk of money than I'm willing to spend.

For now, we can use the original forumotion address. If I can't get the domain back cheaply, maybe we'll rebrand or something. Not sure yet. Still trying to figure all this out, which I'll do when I'm done kicking myself in the ass for allowing it to happen.

Anyway, I'm glad to see some of you have found your way back. Domain Expired - Page 2 230572241

How much is it to get the domain name back? If you don't mind my asking of course.

I posted on the Facebook page as well with the forumotion link so others can find their way here. If I get some free time I'll look into emailing folks as well.

Thanks for the e-mail, Iowa. It was good to see the forum pop up again in my e-mail and to see all you when I stopped back over. I had been away for a good while prior to this happening with the domain. I did look back recently but the site wasn't there. Anyhow, again...nice seeing you all again. I'd like to get active again as this is the only forum I'm a member of (although as Groucho Marx said I'm leery to be a member of anything that would have me) I'd be more than willing to pay membership fee or contribute to solving the domain issue.

Good to see you back! I did send out a handful of emails to members who've been active at least somewhat recently. Glad to see that some people received them! Welcome back!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 9:27 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Man, I have to do a much better job of hiding the forum next time. Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

My computer crapped out on me months ago and I lost all my favorites. I was posting on another message board but when I tried to come here to check in on the board, it was gone. I couldn't find it even doing a Google search. Vasteelers mentioned it to me at Steelers Universe what your new web address is...and here I am.

The good news is that you want to keep this website going. That's half the battle. Message boards are folding up all over the place.

I have a question for you. Gary at Steelers Universe has told us that he's ending the message board come January when his new increased fees hit. His heart isn't in it anymore and it's a lot of work and it takes a huge commitment on your part. I think we all understand that.

Is there a way to merge the two message boards? Maybe you could come to an agreement with either your own current domain controller, or move to the current Steelers Universe domain by talking to the controlling forces there. They have a great website set up over there. It is a really nice setup and pretty slick with a great interface compared to other forums I see. They question then becomes, can you use your "steelersxtreme.com" in place of steelersunivers.com" at a negotiated price?

If you can do that, it would give you time to set the whole thing up(January close) and have a website to go to while also gives you the time to make announcements on both message boards that you are merging. The posters at SU love the board and would love to keep the large group of posters together. We're tight over there. It would instantly increase your traffic and it would be mostly good traffic. There aren't a ton of trolls at SU. They run a good ship over there like you do here.

Anyway, I have no idea if what I just posted is possible or makes any sense. Just thought I'd mention it to see if there was another option.

Again...great to see you actively trying to make this work. Good luck with everything.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 7:36 pm

@pczach I'm still trying to digest the fact that SU is shutting down. I just learned that, and it sucks. Although I rarely go there anymore, I was there on Day 1 and there's lots of memories there. Is Gary trying to sell it? Or just shutting it down entirely? I would think someone would be interested in buying it. But then again, with the decline of forums, it's really not a good investment.

Anyway, I'm glad you rediscovered us. You said a lot of things I'll address when I have more time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

tube517 and pczach like this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 13, 2023 8:32 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
@pczach I'm still trying to digest the fact that SU is shutting down. I just learned that, and it sucks. Although I rarely go there anymore, I was there on Day 1 and there's lots of memories there. Is Gary trying to sell it? Or just shutting it down entirely? I would think someone would be interested in buying it. But then again, with the decline of forums, it's really not a good investment.

Anyway, I'm glad you rediscovered us. You said a lot of things I'll address when I have more time.

As I understand it, Gary is just going to shut it down entirely. I just figured I would mention it in case it could help both of you in any way to pursue something like that. Maybe there is something that can benefit you or Gary or both.

Either way. Good luck with everything. It would be great if something positive could come from all of this.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 11:04 pm

Zach, sorry it took me so long to get around to replying. Work and family, mostly work, has increasingly taken away most of my free time. When I do have time, I'm usually too exhausted to jump into discussions even when I'm here. Anyway, back to your points ...

pczach wrote:
Gary at Steelers Universe has told us that he's ending the message board come January when his new increased fees hit. His heart isn't in it anymore and it's a lot of work and it takes a huge commitment on your part. I think we all understand that.

Yeah, when you have a lot of members, running a forum can feel like a job. I experienced that very briefly, and I can understand how it can wear on you after a while. Over the years, some have poked fun at SX for having few members. Trust me ... it's better that way lol. It's great having a small community where everyone gets along, even when disagreeing.

pczach wrote:
Is there a way to merge the two message boards? Maybe you could come to an agreement with either your own current domain controller, or move to the current Steelers Universe domain by talking to the controlling forces there.

No. Forumotion maintains ownership and control over all of the data. Other forum owners have wanted to leave and transfer their forums to another host. Forumotion won't allow it. Years ago, we talked about moving to vBulletin, like Steelers Universe, but we had no desire to leave everything here and start over from scratch.

pczach wrote:
They have a great website set up over there. It is a really nice setup and pretty slick with a great interface compared to other forums I see. They question then becomes, can you use your "steelersxtreme.com" in place of steelersunivers.com" at a negotiated price?

If you can do that, it would give you time to set the whole thing up(January close) and have a website to go to while also gives you the time to make announcements on both message boards that you are merging. The posters at SU love the board and would love to keep the large group of posters together. We're tight over there. It would instantly increase your traffic and it would be mostly good traffic. There aren't a ton of trolls at SU. They run a good ship over there like you do here.

Anyway, I have no idea if what I just posted is possible or makes any sense. Just thought I'd mention it to see if there was another option.

To sum up what I said above, merging the forums isn't possible. And even if it was, I wouldn't want to do it. I don't have the time or desire. Hopefully, there are other SU members who have the money and passion to step in and take it over. I have no clue if Gary would rather sell it to someone else or just shut it down. Personally, I hope it continues in some fashion.

As for me, I love the small community we have here. Once the season starts, there will be about 10 active members. There's not many of us, but everyone gets along, and I honestly can't remember the last time we had to do anything mod/admin related. Not sure I even remember how to. Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

If some SU members find their way here and want to join our small brotherhood, that's great. They're more than welcome here at SX.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.

Stella Nation likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 11:25 pm

perhaps someone could dedicate a thread on SU and direct people here ? maybe get gary to make it a sticky.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 15, 2023 11:49 pm

Wallace108 wrote:
Zach, sorry it took me so long to get around to replying. Work and family, mostly work, has increasingly taken away most of my free time. When I do have time, I'm usually too exhausted to jump into discussions even when I'm here. Anyway, back to your points ...

pczach wrote:
Gary at Steelers Universe has told us that he's ending the message board come January when his new increased fees hit. His heart isn't in it anymore and it's a lot of work and it takes a huge commitment on your part. I think we all understand that.

Yeah, when you have a lot of members, running a forum can feel like a job. I experienced that very briefly, and I can understand how it can wear on you after a while. Over the years, some have poked fun at SX for having few members. Trust me ... it's better that way lol. It's great having a small community where everyone gets along, even when disagreeing.

pczach wrote:
Is there a way to merge the two message boards? Maybe you could come to an agreement with either your own current domain controller, or move to the current Steelers Universe domain by talking to the controlling forces there.

No. Forumotion maintains ownership and control over all of the data. Other forum owners have wanted to leave and transfer their forums to another host. Forumotion won't allow it. Years ago, we talked about moving to vBulletin, like Steelers Universe, but we had no desire to leave everything here and start over from scratch.

pczach wrote:
They have a great website set up over there. It is a really nice setup and pretty slick with a great interface compared to other forums I see. They question then becomes, can you use your "steelersxtreme.com" in place of steelersunivers.com" at a negotiated price?

To sum up what I said above, merging the forums isn't possible. And even if it was, I wouldn't want to do it. I don't have the time or desire. Hopefully, there are other SU members who have the money and passion to step in and take it over. I have no clue if Gary would rather sell it to someone else or just shut it down. Personally, I hope it continues in some fashion.

As for me, I love the small community we have here. Once the season starts, there will be about 10 active members. There's not many of us, but everyone gets along, and I honestly can't remember the last time we had to do anything mod/admin related. Not sure I even remember how to. Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

If some SU members find their way here and want to join our small brotherhood, that's great. They're more than welcome here at SX.

Thanks for the response. I just figured I would throw it out there hoping it could help one of you, or both of you.

Believe me, I completely understand not taking on any more than you already have.

As you saw, we have some threads over at SU that talk about going to new message boards. I have already given your new web address out and explained what happened with your domain. I hope some people find their way here.

All the best. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around here from time to time.

Wallace108 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:01 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
perhaps someone could dedicate a thread on SU and direct people here ? maybe get gary to make it a sticky.

Are you trying to get us banned one last time? Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

pczach wrote:
Thanks for the response. I just figured I would throw it out there hoping it could help one of you, or both of you.

Believe me, I completely understand not taking on any more than you already have.

As you saw, we have some threads over at SU that talk about going to new message boards. I have already given your new web address out and explained what happened with your domain. I hope some people find their way here.

All the best. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around here from time to time.

10 years ago I might have entertained the idea, but that's when I was younger and dumber. Domain Expired - Page 2 1797695198

I do appreciate you for suggesting the idea though. Ultimately, I think we both want to see these kinds of forums survive. While they're far from what they used to be, there's still a small niche of fans who prefer them over social media.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:07 am

As for someone taking over SU, there's one name I'm thinking of. Not sure I want to speak it into existence though. Domain Expired - Page 2 273451046

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:09 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Are you trying to get us banned one last time? Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

hell i'm still banned over there. that's why i have a different user name. i had to make a new account ..those guys hold a grudge .. Domain Expired - Page 2 312503953
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:20 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

hell i'm still banned over there. that's why i have a different user name. i had to make a new account ..those guys hold a grudge .. Domain Expired - Page 2 312503953

Hmm. A bunch of us were permanently banned, but after HTG died, I thought they lifted all the bans. I know me, truck, buddha, mom and hipchest (I'm pretty sure) were unbanned. You must have said something really bad about Arians. Domain Expired - Page 2 3135543967

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:33 am

Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Hmm. A bunch of us were permanently banned, but after HTG died, I thought they lifted all the bans. I know me, truck, buddha, mom and hipchest (I'm pretty sure) were unbanned. You must have said something really bad about Arians. Domain Expired - Page 2 3135543967
i didnt say shit...lol..i wasnt even involved in the discussion when LLT mass banned. i remember Mach1 was and he didnt get banned. i got canned the same day as hipcheese.
it just amazed me how they chose to ban so many people when banning just one would have ended all the problems. suitinem was involved in EVERY flame fest. i see he stopped posting there in like 2015 i think it was.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:44 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

i didnt say shit...lol..i wasnt even involved in the discussion when LLT mass banned. i remember Mach1 was and he didnt get banned. i got canned the same day as hipcheese.
it just amazed me how they chose to ban so many people when banning just one would have ended all the problems. suitinem was involved in EVERY flame fest. i see he stopped posting there in like 2015 i think it was.

I don't know how I ever got caught up with all you hooligans. Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 1:14 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I was banned for 30 days.
The two guys that were causing all the problems were suit and hipchest. Hipcest tried for the longest time to get me perma banned.

Good to see this place back, I thought it was gone forever.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 1:23 am

Mach1 = Ray Epps

Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

hipchest only bickered with Suit.
Suit bickered with EVERYONE.

anyone remember the name of that Patriots* troll they also allowed to get away with shit ?

Mach1 likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 8:44 am

Wallace108 wrote:
As for someone taking over SU, there's one name I'm thinking of. Not sure I want to speak it into existence though. Domain Expired - Page 2 273451046

You can't just say that and leave it out there! That's just cruel and unusual punishment. Domain Expired - Page 2 1f603

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 10:19 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Mach1 = Ray Epps

Domain Expired - Page 2 1664291743

hipchest only bickered with Suit.
Suit bickered with EVERYONE.

anyone remember the name of that Patriots** troll they also allowed to get away with shit ?

livinginthepast I believe

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 10:39 am

pczach wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

You can't just say that and leave it out there! That's just cruel and unusual punishment.  Domain Expired - Page 2 1f603

Domain Expired - Page 2 Suspense-willy-wonka

I have no clue if he'd even be interested, but Bayz would be a possibility. He helps out here and helped with the behind the scenes stuff at Fever before it was shut down. It's been a while since I've talked to him, so I'm not even sure what he's up to these days.

pczach likes this post

Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 11:56 am

Wallace108 wrote:
pczach wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:

You can't just say that and leave it out there! That's just cruel and unusual punishment.  Domain Expired - Page 2 1f603

Domain Expired - Page 2 Suspense-willy-wonka

I have no clue if he'd even be interested, but Bayz would be a possibility. He helps out here and helped with the behind the scenes stuff at Fever before it was shut down. It's been a while since I've talked to him, so I'm not even sure what he's up to these days.

BuddhaBus always called him Bagz! What a piece of work Buddha was! I miss him.

Bayz is a good dude. I haven't seen him on any of the forums lately, but I have no idea if he would be interested in anything like that either. We always talked when he was at Fever and he was always a good guy with a level head. Funny as hell too!

That would be awesome if he would actually consider that. Any way to run it by him? If you have the time, of course. You have enough crap in your own life to worry about, so no pressure.

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 11:59 am

Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

The two guys that were causing all the problems were suit and hipchest. Hipcest tried for the longest time to get me perma banned.

I can't believe a mild-mannered guy like you could ever be banned! Domain Expired - Page 2 2573146105

Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:04 pm

pczach wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I can't believe a mild-mannered guy like you could ever be banned! Domain Expired - Page 2 2573146105

I'm an Domain Expired - Page 2 2474380249

What ever happened with Buddha?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
pczach

pczach

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 12:32 pm

Mach1 wrote:
pczach wrote:
Mach1 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Wallace108 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I'm an Domain Expired - Page 2 2474380249

What ever happened with Buddha?

I think Buddha just lost interest with the NFL hypocrisy and the politics within the game and decided he didn't want to invest his time in it anymore. Last I heard he was doing fine and enjoying life without much football in it.

I think he popped in at SU a couple years ago to say hi, but haven't heard a peep since other than he is doing well from some others that speak to him regularly on social media.

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 16, 2023 1:59 pm

Wallace108 wrote:

pczach wrote:

pczach wrote:

pczach wrote:

I agree with this. I've said this on here before, the forum is very well run and the membership, albeit small, is always respectful and friendly. I owned and operated an online gaming site for 10 years and keeping open forums civil can be a nightmare. The smaller membership makes things easier to handle here, but from past experience it only takes one person to really disrupt things, and I believe the mods here would handle it .

Great job to all and looking forward to 2023 with everyone  Domain Expired - Page 2 230572241

Wallace108, pczach and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 17, 2023 8:11 pm

Hey Guys - I am JUST NOW finding this site today.  Didn't know it was still out there.

I'll take you back a few months...

I saw that Steelersxtreme was for sale.  I put in a bid and ended up buying the domain.  I didn't want it going away, and I had hopes of returning it to what it was - keeping the files, forums, everything in place.  Also didn't want some Bengals fan to buy it and F*** it up.

Anyway - I want it returning to your capable hands.  It didn't cost me much, I will be happy to re-sell it back to you for what I paid for it. I only want what I paid to secure it, not a penny more.

Contact me (Bays already reached out to me) - randy@randyswrestlingsite.com.

-Randy

pczach and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Domain Expired   Domain Expired - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Domain Expired
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steelers Xtreme Forum :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: