Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMock Draft 2024? Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Mock Draft 2024?

Go down 
+2
solardave
Great Randino
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Great Randino

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyWed Nov 01, 2023 1:56 pm

Bleacher Report just posted a 2024 mock draft. They have the Steelers drafting a linebacker in round one. Jeremiah Trotter JR.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095451-2024-nfl-mock-draft-br-nfl-scouting-depts-post-trade-deadline-predictions

How ticked off would you all be if our Steelers did that?

We've talked a lot on here about the need for a true center - and run-stuffing next-Casey.

I personally would think Center round one, and then next-Casey in the next round or two (they can usually be had outside the first round).

With that in mind, you guys that know the top college players better than I do - who's the best Center prospect, and what's a realistic draft position for him? That draft didn't have a single center going in round one.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 2:28 am

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/C/1/2024
We don't need no stinkin' linebacker. Mock Draft 2024? 1797695198 I thought maybe Benton could be a force in the middle but the jury is still out.
As far as CB I think if Trice comes back healthy he takes Wallace's job. We need a better compliment to Minkah but Oline is a bigger need. If Moore can't slide to RT we need a replacement there for Chuks ( now pronounced CHOKES)
We need a WR in the middle rounds. I know I'm in the minority here but I think DJ can't stay on the field long enough and does some of the dumbest shit. I think the one thing that I really hate is his insistence to run laterally after the catch. How many times has he failed to pick up a first down because instead of turning up field he decided to do the electric slide. Mock Draft 2024? 2913999526
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 4:57 am

Sedrick Van Pran, C, Georgia, 6ft 4", 310lbs

Probably the top Center in this upcoming draft. Plays for a tough SEC squad and has been their anchor in the middle for two national titles. He's a reliable pass blocker, and tough in the ground game as well. Why not pair him with former teammate Broderick Jones for some potential chemistry?

My top 3 positional needs for the Steelers in next year's draft are: C, NT, CB

As far as taking a NT, I'd love to see T'Vondre Sweat, NT, Texas, 6ft 4", 340lbs. Big ole gap clogging NT that the Steelers have been lacking for years now. Apparently has some issues with partying and being a bit lethargic but has the athletic ability to be massive force in the middle of the d-line if he can keep his head in the game.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 10:07 am

the first thing that needs to happen is tomlin needs to get over his obsession of players with experience at multiple positions. that should be a bonus not a prerequisite. passing up a center for a mediocre guard who played a few games at center is just fucking foolish.
tomlin would pass on the best right guard with 3 years starting experience for the 4th best RT with 16 games experience at RT and 4 games experience at RG.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 10:37 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the first thing that needs to happen is tomlin needs to get over his obsession of players with experience at multiple positions. that should be a bonus not a prerequisite. passing up a center for a mediocre guard who played a few games at center is just fucking foolish.
tomlin would pass on the best right guard with 3 years starting experience for the 4th best RT with 16 games experience at RT and 4 games experience at RG.
"Jack of all trades, master at none."

I'm with you, I'd rather have a Great center who Just plays Center.

i.e., I don't remember Pouncey ever playing any other position.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 12:06 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
"Jack of all trades, master at none."  

I'm with you, I'd rather have a Great center who Just plays Center.

i.e., I don't remember Pouncey ever playing any other position.

Pouncey all Center his entire College time. DeCastro all at RG his entire college time. Foster all LG almost the entirety of his College time....

It doesn't need to be that complicated or difficult to diagnose...

LambertWardSteel and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 12:23 pm

so how would you go about building your OLINE ? get your edges shored up with tackles ? work on your interior first with center and then guards ? me personally i would work on one side of the line then the other. since they have a shiny new LT already , i would start on that side. get a center and a LG. that way you know you have at least one side to run behind, particularly in short yardage situation. having a great center and a great LT and  a shitty LG between them nullifies the LT and C. it only takes one missed block to blow up a play. the worst place to have a weak link in a chain is in the middle or between to good links. i want my best linemen beside each other. if i have an under performing linemen i will scheme around him.  so with that said, i would take the BLGA and the BCA within  the first 3 rounds. then i'd do the same the following draft. BRGA AND BRTA. IN  those first 3 rounds i'm looking at a Dlinemen. of course the plan hinges on value and making trades accordingly if the situation calls for it.. i dont think any of this years interior linemen are projected to go in the top half of this years draft. maybe not even in the first round.

cooper bebe , LG for kansas state has given up only 1 sack in 2260 snaps in 3 years. he has played both tackle positions an LG so he scratches tomlins itch for multi position experience.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 12:55 pm

Rd 1 Center
Rd 2 DL (I think we have Benton for our new NT) we need a replacement for Cam/Ogenjobi
Rd 3 Right Guard ( Seaumalu is playing well just stuck between Cole and Moore and it's hurting his play)
Rd 4 ILB
Rd 5 CB
Rd 6 WR
Rd 7 Swing Tackle

Kick Moore over to RT let Jones play LT. Maybe Keep Daniels if so go RT instead of RG. Depends on which is available and has more upside in the draft.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:19 pm

they are stuck with james daniel at RG. he would be a 14 million dead cap hit. seumalo's cap hit jumps from 3.6 mill to 10.1 mill next year. his dead cap hit would be 4.6 mill. daniels and seumalo have virtually the same PFF grade . daniels is .1 higher at 65.9 > 65.8 ...he is stuck between cole and chuks soooo  Mock Draft 2024? 2087824411
neither has been consistent with Run blocking.

Last edited by Master_Of_Puppets on Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:26 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
they are stuck with james daniel at RG. he would be a 14 million dead cap hit. seumalo's cap hit jumps from 3.6 mill to 10.1 mill next year. his dead cap hit would be 4.6 mill. daniels and seumalo have virtually the same PFF grade . daniels is .1 higher at 65.9 > 65.8 ...he is stuck between cole and chuks soooo  Mock Draft 2024? 2087824411

Yeah it's kind of one or the other both are decent but stuck with Cole and mediocre on the outside. I belive the biggest issue is Center. Cole just isn't getting it done. Moore has improved and has had to take on some of the best ends in the league. Would like to see him moved to RT and let Jones settle in at left next to Seaumalu

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:34 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yeah it's kind of one or the other both are decent but stuck with Cole and mediocre on the outside. I belive the biggest issue is Center. Cole just isn't getting it done. Moore has improved and has had to take on some of the best ends in the league. Would like to see him moved to RT and let Jones settle in at left next to Seaumalu

oddly PFF has a much higher grade on chuks than moore. like 15 points higher. i think chuks got singled out for his penalties. they got like a 45 grade on moore and a 61 for chuks. Mock Draft 2024? 2087824411
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 4:38 pm

Rd 1 Center Van Pran (Georgia) or Powers (Oregon)

RD 2 DL Zion Tupola-Fetu (Washington) Jordan Burch (Oregon)

Rd 3 Right Tackle Jordan Morgan (Auburn) Tyler Guyton (Oklahoma) switched choice from Guard based on MoPs input about both Guards cap hits of we release them which we more then likely wont.

RD 4 ILB Jamon Dumas-Johnson (Georgia) Jalen Ford (Texas)

Those are rounds 1-4 that I would shoot for. Beef that Oline up, bolster the DLine we have Leal and Benton as young players add another in there. Get an ILB to sit and learn ready to take a spot from.a vet.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:03 pm

Oh and I would try to trade Pickens for a first and Third round pick. Mark my words he is gonna be nothing but a locker room cancer. Get something good for him before it becomes too late.

solardave and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 2:41 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Oh and I would try to trade Pickens for a first and Third round pick. Mark my words he is gonna be nothing but a locker room cancer. Get something good for him before it becomes too late.

Throw DJ in the deal. Then go get Marvin Harrison Jr.

It could happen. Mock Draft 2024? 3798349058
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 12:22 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
the NCAA is mass producing narcissistic jack ass selfish divas. it isn't the exception to get players like pickens and DJ it is the norm. it is up to the coach to control them. the coaching staff needs to drill it in their heads from day one that jack assery will not be tolerated. at some point , the world stopped promoting sportsmanship.

the players are one of the reasons why i lose more and more interest in not only the NFL but sports as a whole. the pussification with the rule changes is bad enough , but its hard to root for these entitled fuckin scumbags. a large portion of which would be jacking cars and slinging dope on the streets if it wasnt for sports. man i miss the 70'S.

solardave, IowaSteeler927, SteelerFreak58 and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 11:12 am

Maybe it's just me getting old, but I think it's become harder to watch NFL football in many ways.  In addition to the very valid points made above by MoP, which make it hard for us traditional fans to like a lot of these players, I also think the greed-ridden NFL has gone out of its way to make it difficult to watch the games you want to see.  They now have contracts with:
  • Amazon Prime
    Peacock (aka NBC)
    YouTubeTV
    ESPN
    Their own NFL network
    Who am I missing?

You have to have subscriptions to ALL these services to watch the games.  Try and keep track where the various games are.

Example:  Today's Miami/KC game should have been among the marquee games of the entire year.  Play it in Germany at 9:30 am, buy an extra subscription to NFL+ to watch it.  Ridiculous.

I hope their ratings suck.

I don't know why you can't go one place and pull up all the games.  I would buy a subscription for that.  Its just awful.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 7:38 am

Great Randino wrote:
Maybe it's just me getting old, but I think it's become harder to watch NFL football in many ways.  In addition to the very valid points made above by MoP, which make it hard for us traditional fans to like a lot of these players, I also think the greed-ridden NFL has gone out of its way to make it difficult to watch the games you want to see.  They now have contracts with:
  • Amazon Prime
    Peacock (aka NBC)
    YouTubeTV
    ESPN
    Their own NFL network
    Who am I missing?

You have to have subscriptions to ALL these services to watch the games.  Try and keep track where the various games are.

Example:  Today's Miami/KC game should have been among the marquee games of the entire year.  Play it in Germany at 9:30 am, buy an extra subscription to NFL+ to watch it.  Ridiculous.

I hope their ratings suck.

I don't know why you can't go one place and pull up all the games.  I would buy a subscription for that.  Its just awful.

It's crazy that you can't have one place where you can watch all the games. In Europe we can watch all the games by taking NFL gamepass through DAZN (pronounced Da Zone) which costs us 189 euro, that's about $200. This includes all games regular season and play-offs, all shows on nfl network, the draft, all previous superbowls and lots of other stuff. I fear this price will rise the upcoming years though with the growing popularity for the NFL in Europe. For the games in Germany alone there was a waiting list of two million people for the tickets.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 10:20 am

I don't usually like Cowherd but I agree with some of his points about Pickett...

https://steelersdepot.com/2023/11/colin-cowherd-steelers-will-delude-themselves-believing-in-kenny-pickett-claims-team-scared-to-draft-qb-until-big-ben-retired/
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 2:53 pm

Well, Colin Cowherd Definitely doesn't have the IT factor.

Kenny gonna prove them all wrong, mark my words.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyMon Nov 06, 2023 6:05 pm

Quote :
there's no defining trait of his game.

that sentence right there sums it up for me. we all knew before he was drafted that he lacked physical or athletic traits that a lot of QBs rely on. i figured if he was going to get by in this league he would have to rely on good decision making and accuracy. 2 things i thought he could muster up based on his extended college experience.
unfortunately he is not displaying those 2 things on anything resembling a consistent basis. in most games he has struggled to put together 2 consecutive good drives.
with that said it is still too early to give up on him. considering the current QB depth it isnt even feasible but after the season i think they should be looking for a plan B to compete for the job next season. i'm not suggesting using a high pick on one, there is other positions they should look to draft to help who ever is under center.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 2:36 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Quote :
there's no defining trait of his game.

that sentence right there sums it up for me. we all knew before he was drafted that he lacked physical or athletic traits that a lot of QBs rely on. i figured if he was going to get by in this league he would have to rely on good decision making and accuracy. 2 things i thought he could muster up based on his extended college experience.
unfortunately he is not displaying those 2 things on anything resembling a consistent basis. in most games he has struggled to put together 2 consecutive good drives.
with that said it is still too early to give up on him. considering the current QB depth it isnt even feasible but after the season i think they should be looking for a plan B to compete for the job next season. i'm not suggesting using a high pick on one, there is other positions they should look to draft  to help who ever is under center.  

I'm taking the "we can hope" stance just like Ben's last 3 years. In Ben's case it was hope he still has it and in Kenny's case it's hope he has it.

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 8:54 am

CJ Stroud has more NFL Career throwing TDs then Kenny Pickett. Let that one ruminate a few minutes in your melon...
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 1:02 pm

CJ is having a phenomenal start to his career. As a Buckeye fan, I'm so happy to see that. He's a great kid.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 3:03 am

Great Randino wrote:
CJ is having a phenomenal start to his career.  As a Buckeye fan, I'm so happy to see that.  He's a great kid.

I started him in my fantasy league last week. Almost won me the game by himself! Mock Draft 2024? 1797695198

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 8:53 am

A piece on Murray... Ifind it funny the article says the Steelers need to see Kenny Pickett "fully developed"... it's year 2 for him and he was a 5 year player in College. If he isn't "fully developed" by now he is in the completely wrong system or he is a full blown bust and a journeyman backup QB. From what I have seen I think it's the 2nd one.

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-favorites-land-kyler-murray

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mock Draft 2024? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mock Draft 2024?   Mock Draft 2024? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mock Draft 2024?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next