Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeTitans @ Steelers - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Titans @ Steelers

Go down 
+4
Master_Of_Puppets
Shalieve5090
SteelerFreak58
Great Randino
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:12 pm

Well treylon Burks is dead.....all seriousness hope he's okay
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:17 pm

Wtf were those play calls smdh

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:23 pm

Costly holding penalty by JPJ... shit
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:25 pm

For fuck sake
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:25 pm

TJ getting held but no call of course

solardave and Great Randino like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:27 pm

Three-Two-One-WIN
Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:29 pm

Decent win. Aside from the penalties they didn't look too bad on either side

Also I still don't get how someone like Pickens has 2 catches for -1 yds. Probably your best offensive guy and for some reason Canada hates him
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:34 pm

JALEN WARREN should be getting 75% of the carries...

Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 Change-My-Mind

Stella Nation, LambertWardSteel and Shalieve5090 like this post

Back to top Go down
Shalieve5090

Shalieve5090

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:39 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I mean Najee looked alot better tonight but Jaylen is so much more explosive when he's out there. Warren being early down back and Najee big power 3rd down short yardage back is the way to go

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:40 pm

i'll give em a C grade for this game. Picketts accuracy issues are a problem

Stella Nation and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:43 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

It's been an issue for a while now I think we were all hoping it was going to fade over time but it hasn't.

The problem is his accuracy issues are directly killing drives or putting them into 3rd and long and they have not shown the ability to convert on those very often.

He is making bad passes on routine plays that shouldn't be happening st the rate it is.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:44 pm

[quote="Shalieve5090"]
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I mean Najee looked alot better tonight but Jaylen is so much more explosive when he's out there. Warren being early down back and Najee big power 3rd down short yardage back is the way to go

everytime warren ripped off a big play tomlin pulled him and stuck najee in and he got stuffed. warren hits the hole harder than najee. he is way quicker on the edge. its criminal that he is being paid a fraction of what najee makes.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 02, 2023 11:49 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

It's been an issue for a while now I think we were all hoping it was going to fade over time but it hasn't.

The problem is his accuracy issues are directly killing drives or putting them into 3rd and long and they have not shown the ability to convert on those very often.

He is making bad passes on routine plays that shouldn't be happening st the rate it is.

he also gets the ball out late. on that slant he threw to pickens , pickens was 3 yards ahead of the coverage for 10 yards and pickett waited to throw until pickens almost ran into the other defender.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 12:06 am

Benton and Jones were both bright spots. I believe Adam's should lose the starting spot to Benton he was disruptive as NT tonight. Jones did well at RT and got some excellent run blocks in much better then Chuks from what I could see.

vasteeler and Master_Of_Puppets like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 12:07 am

warren gets the O gameball and highsmith for the D

vasteeler and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:18 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
TJ getting held but no call of course

Yep. Last 2 games at least a half dozen obvious holding non-calls.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:22 am

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Benton and Jones were both bright spots. I believe Adam's should lose the starting spot to Benton he was disruptive as NT tonight. Jones did well at RT and got some excellent run blocks in much better then Chuks from what I could see.

I was thinking the same thing about Benton. Jones keeps looking for guys to block,not like Chuks who avoids contact. Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 2913999526 I still think Jones at LT and Moore at RT tackle makes the most sense. I know JPJ's style of play is going to draw flags but even with the small sample I think he could be a shutdown CB in this league.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 7:33 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
warren gets the O gameball and highsmith for the D

We had "duck dynasty" and now we have "duck pins" with JW the human bowling ball. If the line gets consistent run blocking I think him and Najee can be a real force.
I also think we have the 2 best OLBs in the league. TJ gets more attention and Alex reaps the benefits. The difference between him and Dupree is he takes advantage of Every opportunity.
Overall there was some bright spots last night but we're far from being a complete team. I will say I thought Levis was going to dice us up with Hopkins and Henry was gonna run all over us. I have noticed a trend where we seem to handle the best RB while letting backups gash us.
At least this one is a win that we don't need to feel like we should just go take extra blood pressure meds.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 9:43 am

Take the W but it was against a not very good Titans team with a lot of injuries and they barely pulled out the win. That says a lot about this team. It's not consistent, it's not really good at anything, mediocre all the way around at best.

The offense under Pickett is erratic and sporadic. He is innacurate and late diagnosing throws. The Defense can't seem to get off the field either due to self inflicted wounds through penalties or just giving up 3rd and long passes woth either blown or late coverage.

Good teams will slaughter this current version of the Steelers. We are lucky we are playing mediocre teams right now and squeekibg out lack luster victories.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:20 am

Mediocre is OK as long as tomlin gets his non losing season.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:23 am

I'll take the win. MC actually called a decent game. KP missed at least four easy throws. That needs to tighten up.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:34 am

vasteeler wrote:
I'll take the win. MC actually called a decent game. KP missed at least four easy throws. That needs to tighten up.
I agree. Here's hoping he stays down on the field every week.

Offensive calls were good. Pickens could have had 2 TD's - one his fault for not dragging the toe, the other, Pickett missed him badly on what should have been an easy pass.

Pickett being pissed off at his performance after the game is a good thing. Hopefully he will run with that and improve down the stretch.

Interesting stat: Pickett is second behind Cousins for comeback wins when team is losing in the 4th quarter (7). Cousins has 8. The kid has moxie. He needs to be more accurate though.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 12:01 pm

i never understood the coordinator in the booth thing. the coordinator should be huddled up the sidelines with his unit figuring out what needs to be done. i realize there is value having the booth perspective of the field, but thats why they have assistants. remember a few years back you would see guys looking at photos that were sent down from the booth?
it was common for the tv camera to zoom in on dick lebeau surrounded by his players getting instruction from him.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:32 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

I agree he should play more. Warren is becoming one of my all time favorite Steelers. I love the way he keeps fighting, the way he powers ahead with the ball, his quickness. He's always the smallest guy out there but usually the one hitting the hardest....even to the point of being fined for hitting guys twice his size. The perspective of him standing around so many big people makes it hard to tell, but they list him at 5'8" but he almost looks 5'5" - 5'6"

The refs were a complete joke. I'm not saying some of those weren't penalties, but they became a part of the game instead of calling the more egregious issues. Every time we had a stop or big play on offense I was looking for yellow. All that while letting TJ be held and tackled. The team needs to address the stupid penalties like Jones at the end of the game.

JPJ seemed to play well, and Kenny looked decent 4th quarter again. I'm sure you guys saw but they showed he had 2nd most 4th quarter comebacks last 2 seasons. Although, I guess last night tied him with 8.

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 1:36 pm

PostSubject: Re: Titans @ Steelers   Titans @ Steelers - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Titans @ Steelers
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next