Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeThe Pickens Issue... Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

The Pickens Issue...

Go down 
+3
LambertWardSteel
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
7 posters
AuthorMessage
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

The Pickens Issue... Empty
PostSubject: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 5:09 pm

Mr. Pickens looks like he is going to be a problem child and Mike hasn't done to well disciplining them youngsters. Why is it always the WRs that behave like little kids?

https://www.steelernation.com/2023/11/03/steelers-disgusted-george-pickens-posts-free-me
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 9:09 pm

More from Mr. Pickens...

https://sports.yahoo.com/after-a-rough-game-steelers-wr-george-pickens-wipes-steelers-from-social-media-215400496.html
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 9:10 pm

Poor Mr. Pickens...

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/drama-brewing-george-pickens-pittsburgh-steelers
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Across the NFL, wide receivers always seem to lead the way in Diva behaviour. Pickens, quit acting like a child. Game action changes how many targets receivers get. Pickens was doubled a lot, so Johnson was open. Next opponent might double Johnson instead, or single team both of them. Also, he could have toe tapped and had a TD. And Pickett did target him in what would have been a huge play but he missed the throw. Bottom line, things happen - be a good teammate, show some maturity, keep working hard and things will go your way.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyFri Nov 03, 2023 11:41 pm

He's been bordering on this for a while, and we've all seen it before with Antonio. It was almost expected to happen.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 3:35 am

I understand his frustration but be a grownup George. Blame it on Canada so we can be rid of him. The Pickens Issue... 1797695198

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 1:30 pm

well when your completing usually less than 20 passes a game, players are gonna feel left out. The Pickens Issue... 2087824411
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 9:23 pm

Hines Ward dropping some wisdom for Mr. Pickens that he should listen to real carefully but he more than likely wont... a shame really the kid is super talented...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-legend-hines-ward-gives-advice-to-george-pickens-its-not-about-you/amp/

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptySat Nov 04, 2023 11:18 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Hines Ward dropping some wisdom for Mr. Pickens that he should listen to real carefully but he more than likely wont... a shame really the kid is super talented...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/steelers-legend-hines-ward-gives-advice-to-george-pickens-its-not-about-you/amp/

Good article. I miss guys like Ward, Bettis, Farrior, who could help coach and lead the team. Inevitably I don't think he's going to get what he wants, but hopefully this comes out good in the end.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptySun Nov 05, 2023 12:59 am

but whats more important to todays players ? winning championship or getting paid ? players will happily sign with a basement dwelling team if they are willing to pay what they want.of course then they piss and moan and try to get the team to release him or trade him shortly after.
i'm pretty convinced that deshawn watson wants cleveland to cut him. the situation reminds me of a seinfeld episode where george was working for a company under a contract, they wanted him gone and he didnt want to work for them. they wanted him to quit so they didnt have to pay him, he wanted them to fire him so he would get paid for nothing.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 3:59 am

Some of the WRs I liked to watch because of how they conducted themselves on and off the field were guys like Hines,Marvin Harrison,Calvin Johnson,DeAndre Hopkins....
Now it's all me first. I understand being competitive and wanting the ball as much as possible is a good thing until it gets so twisted that it effects the team in a negative way.
The one thing that leads me to believe there is hope that he'll 'grow out of it" is seeing him out there blocking for the other WRs.
I hope it's just immaturity and he turns it around because he is talented. Tomlin can't afford to gamble like he did with AB. Knowing what we know now I'd give Tomlin an A for keeping AB in check as long as he did. I don't think he can pull it off again if GP goes off the reservation.

vasteeler, Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyTue Nov 07, 2023 11:39 pm

the only collegiate receiver in recent times that i noticed that didnt act like o fuckin moron every time he caught the ball was Chris Olave. even when he made big plays he usually just tossed the ball to the ref. no fucking dances, no running towards a camera. that's probably why he was picked ahead of jameson williams. williams was one of the biggest showboating asswipes thats ever played college football.
williams was one of the 4 Detroit players suspended by the NFL in 2023 for betting on NFL games.

these guys are not completely dumb. they are smart enough to realize that stats effect their bargaining power come contract time. it would be the same as a salesman who works on commission had a customer on the hook, losing that sale to another employee because he had to go drop a duce. thats money out of his pocket so he aint gonna be happy for his fellow employee.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 2:51 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the only collegiate receiver in recent times that i noticed that didnt act like o fuckin moron every time he caught the ball was Chris Olave. even when he made big plays he usually just tossed the ball to the ref. no fucking dances, no running towards a camera. that's probably why he was picked ahead of jameson williams. williams was one of the biggest showboating asswipes thats ever played college football.
williams was one of the 4 Detroit players suspended by the NFL in 2023 for betting on NFL games.

these guys are not completely dumb. they are smart enough to realize that stats effect their bargaining power come contract time. it would be the same as a salesman who works on commission had a customer on the hook, losing that sale to another employee because he had to go drop a duce. thats money out of his pocket so he aint gonna be happy for his fellow employee.

A lot of blame for these issues like exaggerated importance can be traced back to social media. If I was a GM/Owner I would implement one rule. If you're not happy my door is open. If you go on social media to post something team related you haven't talked to me or the HC you will be fined. If you look back at when the "brand" started it was well after social or antisocial media as I like to call it was firmly established.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 3:22 am

Tomlin's reaction on the situation:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-on-george-pickens-drama-it-is-a-pebble-in-my-shoe
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 10:49 am

Stella Nation wrote:
Tomlin's reaction on the situation:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-coach-mike-tomlin-on-george-pickens-drama-it-is-a-pebble-in-my-shoe
That's one thing I love about Tomlin. He just doesn't get rattled by such nonsense. Give the child a little talkin' to and get him back on track.

I've heard it said that people around the league were amazed at just how much mileage got out of Antonio Brown, after he left the Steelers and everyone saw how big of a pain in the ass jerk he was.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyWed Nov 08, 2023 6:32 pm

solardave wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

A lot of blame for these issues like exaggerated importance can be traced back to social media. If I was a GM/Owner I would implement one rule. If you're not happy my door is open. If you go on social media to post something team related you haven't talked to me or the HC you will be fined. If you look back at when the "brand" started it was well after social or antisocial media as I like to call it was firmly established.
yep, team rules should be established, even written into contracts. its pretty fucked up that my old high school football coaches demanded his players act more professional than what professional coaches expect from their players. we of course didnt get fines, but we were always under threat of being benched and running laps if we did anything the coach found distasteful.
two of my teammates pissed in another teammates locker as a joke. coach found out about it. the victim had the jersey number 44. the perps punishment was 44 laps after practice. this wasnt 440 track laps, they had to do stadium laps. i dont know the exact footage of our stadium is, it included practice fields, but im guessing it was somewhere around a mile. we started every practice with that lap. i think they were allowed like 10 days to finish their sentence... The Pickens Issue... 1797695198

here are pictures i found online from my old high school webpage

The Pickens Issue... New_turf_2019_sm
The Pickens Issue... Photo1_sm

IowaSteeler927 likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... EmptyThu Nov 09, 2023 4:16 am

I'm getting fed up with the diva behavior, George needs to shut the hell up. Dude you won. I get you want to go out there and light up the stat sheet but sometimes that's just not going to happen. It just wasn't in the cards, and your team still won. Dude is giving me Antonio Brown vibes and I don't like it. Talented player with phenomenal hands and freakish ability but could very well end up not being worth all of the headaches.

I'd say if he gets worse a benching might be just what the doctor ordered.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Pickens Issue...   The Pickens Issue... Empty

Back to top Go down

The Pickens Issue...
Page 1 of 1