Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeLeadership is still an issue Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Leadership is still an issue

Go down 
+2
Crash
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Leadership is still an issue Empty
PostSubject: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyThu Sep 11, 2014 11:50 pm

We've talked a lot about the lack of vocal leadership over the past few years. I think it's still a big issue. In the second half of the Browns game and throughout the Ravens game, the whole team looks flat and uninspired. We have a lot of players who lead by example, but I think we need someone to fill that Lambert, Lloyd, Porter role.

A lot of times tonight, they looked like this ...

Leadership is still an issue Th?id=HN.608031901833693680&pid=1

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:04 am

Zzzzzzzzzz....

Leadership isn't why this defense has forced the fewest turnovers from 2011-2013 and has ZERO in 8 quarters in 2014.

Scheme is.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 am

Agree Wally -- we don't have the fire of Farrior, Harrison, or Ward for that matter anymore.

I was over at Steeler Fever -- I have to say that some of the comments made me laugh my ass off and cheered me up in my misery.

Some comments:

"Ben was throwing at Ghosts"

"You could fart on the D or O line and blow them over"

What WAS wrong with BB tonight? He shocked me more then any one.

Leadership is still an issue We_bel10
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:13 am

mrcrash wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzz....

Leadership isn't why this defense has forced the fewest turnovers from 2011-2013 and has ZERO in 8 quarters in 2014.

Scheme is.  

So who is the vocal leader on defense?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:17 am

Who cares? We had Farrior, Aaron Smith, Ryan Clark, and Ike Taylor on the 2009 defense.

It took 15 games for our CB's to pick off one pass THAT season as well.

Let me guess? No vocal leaders on that unit either?
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:20 am

Crash, I don't honestly understand all the hate for our D (recent past)

They were #1 2008, 2009, and top 5 2010.

They were talked about throughout the NFL. Hell, SI even had made them a cover.

I'm not being confrontational. I like lively discussion. I just don't get why you insist our D hasn't been anything less than great (not counting the past two/three years)

Back to top Go down
Crash

Crash

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 am

Quote :
They were #1 2008, 2009, and top 5 2010.

Where did the offense rank in TOP?

That's what people aren't comprehending. The OFFENSE controls the clock, thus keeping our DEFENSE, off the field.
Back to top Go down
Gingerchip

Gingerchip

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 12:59 am

I get what you are trying to say, however, the defense HAD what we don't HAVE now. Our D was able to create turnovers, sack QBs and stop the run. This has nothing to do with the Offense.

And truthfully? We have a green team. All of us saw this coming as our SB 43 team aged. We all knew it was going to be a rough couple of years during the transition that was to come.

I do, however, agree with you on Todd Haley. I'm not sold on him at all.

Back to top Go down
Bays

Bays

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 4:54 am

Gingerchip wrote:
Agree Wally -- we don't have the fire of Farrior, Harrison, or Ward for that matter anymore.

I was over at Steeler Fever -- I have to say that some of the comments made me laugh my ass off and cheered me up in my misery.

Some comments:

"Ben was throwing at Ghosts"

"You could fart on the D or O line and blow them over"

What WAS wrong with BB tonight?  He shocked me more then any one.

That's pretty mild compared to what I've seen today and the past two years I've administrated over there. Today was one hell of a day.

I need a drink. Leadership is still an issue 3798349058

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 7:02 am

mrcrash wrote:
Zzzzzzzzzz....

Scheme is.  

Scheme is only as good as the personel. We have a lot of youth not ready to step up and take the lead. You can coach scheme but not mentality. Just like you can't measure a man's heart by looking at him. I really don't like comparing football to war. I think it';s an insult to our military but for the sake of argument how can you send men and women into battle with NO ONE TO LEAD THEM? On the field and not in the box or on the sidelines.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:26 am

You can draw up the best plays in the world but they are only as effective as how well they are ran. At the end of the day, performance is based on execution. Sure, you can draw up trick plays and stuff like that but they still rely on execution.

PostSubject: Re: Leadership is still an issue   Leadership is still an issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Leadership is still an issue
Page 1 of 1