Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeFreiermuth practices and Watson out for season Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
vasteeler
SteelerFreak58
LambertWardSteel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season Empty
PostSubject: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 1:38 pm

We'll be seeing the back up Sunday, and Freiermuth practices

https://triblive.com/sports/browns-qb-deshaun-watson-out-for-the-rest-of-this-season-with-a-shoulder-fracture/

Steelers TE Pat Freiermuth returns to practice, could come off IR soon

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers-te-pat-freiermuth-returns-to-practice-could-come-off-ir-soon/

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 5:53 pm

Stains backup QB is gonna light up our Defense... watch! Lol

vasteeler, Master_Of_Puppets and solardave like this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyWed Nov 15, 2023 6:41 pm

I'd rather face Watson. We haven't fared well against rookie quarterbacks recently.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 3:42 am

I like our chances if they play DTR over PJ Walker. Sure they're defense is good but I have a feeling they're going to be on the field alot. First time we played these guys we won, and that was without Cam Heyward and the offensive line is playing much better now with Jones at RT than they were earlier in the season.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 7:06 pm

For tonight's game I don't like hoping either of these teams win, but if Bengals do, we are in first place with tiebreaker over Cleveland. If Bengals win tonight and we beat browns Sunday, we are first place alone.

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyThu Nov 16, 2023 7:44 pm

I don't like it either but we need the Bungles to help us out.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 1:06 am

Bengals in bad shape. Burrow hurt again, last place in the North, 0-3 in division, and 1-5 in AFC. We see a backup this weekend and maybe next weekend too.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptyFri Nov 17, 2023 7:59 pm

Burrow out for season now too.....

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 12:22 am

we get muth back and ratty ratbirds lose andrews ... Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1797695198
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 3:29 am

Since we DON'T throw to the TE Muth coming back won't help much. Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 2913999526 If only we could find a way to get him the ball. That would be great.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 11:31 am

Matt Canada and Kenny Pickett don't like the middle if the field where the TEs like to catch balls. Muth has been wasted in Canada's offense.

solardave likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 1:48 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
we get muth back and ratty ratbirds lose andrews ... Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1797695198

Jackson is about due for his end of year injuries too. We have defensive injuries, but the division has really changed in one week with the Andrews, Burrow, and Watson, injuries. Steelers have done poorly against back ups but they are facing lesser talent now the next few weeks. The next 6 games 1 Browns games and 2 Bengals against back ups bookend games with Colts, Cardinals, and Patriots*. I really thought all along we'd be fighting for .500 yet again this year. We very well may be, but 11 wins almost seems doable now.

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySat Nov 18, 2023 4:19 pm

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Jackson is about due for his end of year injuries too. We have defensive injuries, but the division has really changed in one week with the Andrews, Burrow, and Watson, injuries. Steelers have done poorly against back ups but they are facing lesser talent now the next few weeks. The next 6 games 1 Browns games and 2 Bengals against back ups bookend games with Colts, Cardinals, and Patriots**. I really thought all along we'd be fighting for .500 yet again this year. We very well may be, but 11 wins almost seems doable now.

all good points. without having andrews as a safety net, he will be running with the ball even more. they do have a backup TE i liked coming out of college. Isaiah likely.
on paper it certainly does look like they have winnable games. but after seeing what it has taken for them to win the games they have already won, i'm not real confident.
either kenny needs to shake off his accuracy issues or they will need that running game to keep churning out 200 yard games, plus keep winning the turnover and penalty ratio.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 12:58 am

Could we actually win the division by attrition?

Master_Of_Puppets and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 1:45 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Jackson is about due for his end of year injuries too. We have defensive injuries, but the division has really changed in one week with the Andrews, Burrow, and Watson, injuries. Steelers have done poorly against back ups but they are facing lesser talent now the next few weeks. The next 6 games 1 Browns games and 2 Bengals against back ups bookend games with Colts, Cardinals, and Patriots***. I really thought all along we'd be fighting for .500 yet again this year. We very well may be, but 11 wins almost seems doable now.

all good points. without having andrews as a safety net, he will be running with the ball even more. they do have a backup TE i liked coming out of college. Isaiah likely.
on paper it certainly does look like they have winnable games. but after seeing what it has taken for them to win the games they have already won, i'm not real confident.
either kenny needs to shake off his accuracy issues or they will need that running game to keep churning out 200 yard games, plus keep winning the turnover and penalty ratio.  

You are right, "on paper" is the key phrase. Of course, that doesn't account for them coming into games they should win uninspired or getting lit up by rookie or back up QBs. On paper, though, you'd think 3 against Cincy and Clev with backups, and Indy, Cards, and Pats*, in between and we should get 5-6 wins....4 minimum. We will see starting today in Cleveland.

Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1948569602

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 3:09 am

LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
LambertWardSteel wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Jackson is about due for his end of year injuries too. We have defensive injuries, but the division has really changed in one week with the Andrews, Burrow, and Watson, injuries. Steelers have done poorly against back ups but they are facing lesser talent now the next few weeks. The next 6 games 1 Browns games and 2 Bengals against back ups bookend games with Colts, Cardinals, and Patriots*******. I really thought all along we'd be fighting for .500 yet again this year. We very well may be, but 11 wins almost seems doable now.

You are right, "on paper" is the key phrase. Of course, that doesn't account for them coming into games they should win uninspired or getting lit up by rookie or back up QBs. On paper, though, you'd think 3 against Cincy and Clev with backups, and Indy, Cards, and Pats*****, in between and we should get 5-6 wins....4 minimum. We will see starting today in Cleveland.

Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1948569602
i was thinking the next part was key. every W has been a garbage W. they have been out gained in yardage every game. they have yet to produce 400 yds of offense in any game. they haven't actually been the better team in any game.
here's a fun fact. besides the 4th quarter, the steelers have only ended a quarter 3 times with a lead. yep...24 quarters out of 36 they have been behind or on 1 occasions tied. now why would anyone lack confidence in them ? Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1505004552
i would imagine if it was broken down in to how many minutes they have actually had the lead vs being behind it would be really deflating. Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 1883569342
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 11:23 am

I am still stunned how they have managed a 6-3 record playing as awful as they have been.
Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 12:39 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I am still stunned how they have managed a 6-3 record playing as awful as they have been.
It really is an amazing slight of hand, being close to last in offense AND defense, outgained every week and yet have a winning record.

Is Houdini in the building? Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 3798349058

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 4:55 pm

The confidence I had is pretty much gone. Reality sets in.

vasteeler likes this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 10:21 pm

Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It really is an amazing slight of hand, being close to last in offense AND defense, outgained every week and yet have a winning record.

Is Houdini in the building?  Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 3798349058
you dont recognize it ? it's a phenomenon called "playing down to the competition". it has been a staple of Mike tomlins NFL career. i guess it has rubbed off on steeler opponents.

Great Randino likes this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season EmptySun Nov 19, 2023 10:33 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
Great Randino wrote:
SteelerFreak58 wrote:

Is Houdini in the building?  Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season 3798349058
you dont recognize it ? it's a phenomenon called "playing down to the competition". it has been a staple of Mike tomlins NFL career. i guess it has rubbed off on steeler opponents.
Hey, we managed to get outgained again today too. So, kept that streak alive...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season   Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season Empty

Back to top Go down

Freiermuth practices and Watson out for season
Page 1 of 1