Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers @ Bengals - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Bengals

Go down 
+4
IowaSteeler927
Great Randino
SteelerFreak58
solardave
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 1:26 am

i'm still going to need to see another game of competent offense before i get excited. i need to be able to give kenny an A grade. i'm giving him a B- for today. some of you may think it is a bit low , but i need to see more 10+ yard passes be completed and drives resulting in TD's.

solardave and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 7:03 am

Apparently Najee got the memo. This game was an improvement but we still look like an average team that has learned to run the ball well. Now all we have to do on offense is stretch the field and use the middle.
See:Pat Freiermuth
9 120 0 11

If Pickens could run routes like Johnson he'd be unstoppable. Or if Johnson had hands like Pickens and actually ran north after the catch he'd be a keeper but he has way to many flaws to not look for his replacement.

Was it just me or did it look like the pass rush pulled punches at times like they were afraid DaVito was going to take off Lamar style. Or maybe it's the RTP calls that are more like offending the passer by pushing him.
If this team continues to improve we might see a playoff win. That would be more than we hoped for 2 weeks ago.
I guess lose one win two is the theme of 2023. I hope if we make the playoffs it's during one of the win 2 stretches.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 10:28 am

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'm still going to need to see another game of competent offense before i get excited. i need to be able to give kenny an A grade. i'm giving him a B- for today. some of you may think it is a bit low , but i need to see more 10+ yard passes be completed and drives resulting in TD's.

Yup, no doubt. There were steps in the right direction at least. Time of possession gave the defense some rest for once. Kenny threw over the middle and Muth finally became the weapon we envisioned over the middle. Now they need to turn the 3s into 7s and this team might just make it to the playoffs and win one or two.

I am highly skeptical as you are. It was a win against a beat up Burrowless Bengals team. But it was a start.

solardave and LambertWardSteel like this post

Back to top Go down
Great Randino

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 12:11 pm

Perhaps the O is coming around at the right time?

We've got a very favorable schedule to continue building confidence, let's hope we keep seeing this kind of game (but with touchdowns).

Play calling made a world of difference.  Sullivan called a terrific game.  Nice change.

LambertWardSteel likes this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 1:31 pm

SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

Yup, no doubt. There were steps in the right direction at least. Time of possession gave the defense some rest for once. Kenny threw over the middle and Muth finally became the weapon we envisioned over the middle. Now they need to turn the 3s into 7s and this team might just make it to the playoffs and win one or two.

I am highly skeptical as you are. It was a win against a beat up Burrowless Bengals team. But it was a start.

My thinking too. It was only a single game but it was a step in the right direction. I'd feel much worse right now if the coaching change was made and they had the same results as last week. Really, they did from the score standpoint, but they did move the ball better. There is some hope going forward

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 1:36 pm

Great Randino wrote:
Perhaps the O is coming around at the right time?

We've got a very favorable schedule to continue building confidence, let's hope we keep seeing this kind of game (but with touchdowns).

Play calling made a world of difference.  Sullivan called a terrific game.  Nice change.

Yeah, it will be good to be home for 2 now, and not to mention some lesser opponents on paper. I was thinking yesterday that when the Pats* had their run going that I could not wait until they fell to the level they are now. I'm certainly enjoying it but not as much as I thought.

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 4:47 pm

Here's the bad part... and why I am hesitant to give my full confidence in this Tomlin ran team.

This current rendition of the Steelers is not GOOD FOOTBALL in any measure of the terms over all. This team could easily end up 11-6 and I must admit with the remainder of the schedule it could easily happen but it doesn't mean they are a quality team that will go deep in the playoffs if they keep getting ultra conservative in the red zone. They went 1-4 in the red zone against a terrible Bengals defense. They got conservative and settled for 3s multiple times. That works just fine against a Joe Burrowless Bengals (barely they went for an onside kick) but thats not gonna come anywhere near to be able to beat competent scoring teams like KC, Miami, Baltimore.

Yes I know we beat Baltimore but if your honest Baltimore's recievers hand wrapped that game for us and gave it to us by 9 dropped passes 4 dropped in the end zone...

I won't be fully committed to viewing this team as contenders until they can start consistently putting up 20+ points a game on the offensive side of the ball.

Until then they won't beat any of the top tiered AFC teams and won't come close to competing against the best in the NFC (Philly or 49ers).

Our Defense has playmakers but they still struggle mightily against the well ran offensive teams.

Right now we have beat teams we should be beating that are riddled with injuries, missing starting QBs and a soft schedule.

Just not putting on those rose colored glasses with this unit and won't until they show they deserve it.

Master_Of_Puppets and Stella Nation like this post

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 5:24 pm

i dont recall what year it was , but i remember a loooong stretch of games where a Ben lead team had no problem moving the ball between the 20's , then shit the bed in the redzone . was that under Arians ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 6:26 pm

LambertWardSteel and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 6:35 pm

Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i dont recall what year it was , but i remember a loooong stretch of games where a Ben lead team had no problem moving the ball between the 20's , then shit the bed in the redzone . was that under Arians ?

I believe that was the last year under Arians. They would move the ball downfield at will and then settle for 3s... we lost to the Patriots* I believe that year in the Playoffs because they couldn't put up 7s instead of settling for FGs...

Master_Of_Puppets likes this post

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 27, 2023 9:19 pm

Can't wait to see this weeks Pittsburgh Dad

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch

Master_Of_Puppets and SteelerFreak58 like this post

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 28, 2023 1:12 am

vasteeler wrote:
Can't wait to see this weeks Pittsburgh Dad

hahaha I loved a line he had a week or two ago. He said something along the lines of he was hoping they'd get a delay of game penalty to keep them out of 2nd and long.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 29, 2023 12:39 pm

Check out PGH Dad, be sure to like and check out his channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4NWX5GDL5Y

Last edited by Great Randino on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : PGH DAD)

SteelerFreak58 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Bengals   Steelers @ Bengals - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Bengals
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3