Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeMemorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca  Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca  Empty
PostSubject: Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca    Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca  EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:01 pm

I chose a game that highlights the career of Alan Faneca, more than anything specifically related to him: he made others around him better, most notably Willie Parker. We all love Fast Willie for his big runs and speed in open field; however, we must all try to remember that without gaping holes to run through, Willie Parker was an average running back. Alan Faneca was the main reason Parker was able to break runs over 50-yards because he took the main defenders away from the line, and allowed other lineman to focus on inferior defenders. I would line Faneca up against Haloti Ngata any day of the week and bet my salary on Faneca. Few games are a better example of 66's dominance than the December 7th, 2006 game against the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2011/10/13/2487360/steelers-history-alan-faneca-hall-of-fame-willie-parker-career-stats
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

vasteeler

Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca    Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca  EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 11:21 am

i loved faneca, unfortunately he didnt love the steelers

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down

Memorable Games from 25 Steelers Legends: No. 22 -- Alan Faneca
Page 1 of 1