Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers’ Colon once again trying to walk in Faneca’s footsteps Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers’ Colon once again trying to walk in Faneca’s footsteps

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Steelers’ Colon once again trying to walk in Faneca’s footsteps Empty
PostSubject: Steelers’ Colon once again trying to walk in Faneca’s footsteps   Steelers’ Colon once again trying to walk in Faneca’s footsteps EmptyTue Jun 12, 2012 8:37 am

By Scott Brown
Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, June 11, 2012, 10:46 p.m.
Updated 49 minutes ago

His first reaction when he walked into the Steelers’ locker room and saw he would dress next to Alan Faneca? Oh, no!

It’s not that Willie Colon, a wide-eyed rookie from a school that doesn’t even have football anymore, had heard bad things about Faneca. He simply was in awe of the perennial Pro Bowl guard.

Colon didn’t dare talk to the legend to the left of him. And Faneca didn’t talk to Colon until near the end of the 2006 season, after Colon had taken over at right tackle for the injured Max Starks.

“Once I started being a professional, that’s when he acknowledged me,” said Colon, a fourth-round pick out of Hofstra in 2006. “As I’m sitting right where he (was), I can get it, because if you’re right-minded, you’re professional and you’re strong-willed, you want people who are like that next to you. He didn’t know how I was as a person or a ballplayer until I actually had a chance to show him.”

(Read More:) http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1925985-85/colon-steelers-guard-faneca-tackle-didn-willie-position-agent-alan?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1