Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeKeenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fer69

fer69

Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Empty
PostSubject: Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback   Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Well Steeler Nation, after the black and gold convincingly defeated the Titans on Sunday, I think everyone can share in an enormous sigh of relief knowing that at least for now the team is back on track.

The litany of players who could take the game ball for Sunday’s performance is a virtual who’s who of Steeler veterans who showed this team is not too old, or too slow (Farrior aside) to make another run at the title this year. Big Ben’s five- touchdown performance on an injured foot is stuff of legends. Hines Ward catching two touchdown passes; including a leaping effort into the end zone over Titans defensive backs is stuff of fairy tales. And plugging in an aging Max Starks, who was sitting on his couch watching football the weekend before, and having him protect Ben’s blind side like he hadn’t missed a beat, was amazing.

I had to mention all of those individual players because they are the leaders of this football team, and their efforts are a direct link to the upswing in the Steeler’s performance. I mean c’mon man…..all week the team was told it couldn’t stop the run anymore, that Chris Johnson was going to be able to walk faster into the end zone then the team could run after him. And believe me, I was taking some of the bait. After Johnson broke that 30-yard run to start the game I certainly had an empty feeling in the bottom of my stomach. Than Ryan Clark was hit with that bogus roughing call to put the Titans in the red zone and I thought to myself here we go again. But this time there was no again. The Steelers clamped down and held the Titans to a field goal on the opening drive and the rest of the game was history.

While there are certainly other players who deserve to be given credit for the team’s performance this past weekend, I want to talk about one player in particular who has impressed me, and I believe may have a bright future.

Cornerback Keenan Lewis has turned my head a number of times this season, and with the ever-depreciating value of Bryant McFadden, Lewis is the Steelers best option to start as the No. 2 corner.

READ MORE: http://nicepickcowher.com/2011/10/11/keenan-lewis-turning-heads-as-the-no-2-pittsburgh-steelers-cornerback/
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback   Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 4:10 pm

I agree, fer. Lewis seems to finally "get it" and is not making the stupid mistakes thus far that have gotten him in the dog house in previous seasons. I feel he should at least be our third CB option (since Gay is currently playing well too) even when BMac gets back. Lewis has earned it and may be our starting #2 CB in game one of next season if he continues to shine.

Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback   Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 pm

with gay and lewis playing as good as they've been playing

i wonder if it's because they have a better coach now or

they're just tired of being picked on

what do you guys think
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback   Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 8:36 pm

fer69 wrote:
with gay and lewis playing as good as they've been playing

i wonder if it's because they have a better coach now or

they're just tired of being picked on

what do you guys think
I'll be honest ... I haven't thought much about Carnell Lake recently. You bring up a great point, fer.

The other day at work, one of my co-workers, who is a Colts fan, asks me, "When did Ike Taylor become a shutdown corner?" Ike has always been a really good corner, but he's stepped it up even more this season.
Couple that with how well Gay and Lewis have been playing. Maybe people SHOULD be talking more about the job Lake is doing.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback   Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Empty

Back to top Go down

Keenan Lewis turning heads as the No. 2 Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback
Page 1 of 1