Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'   Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 7:02 am

Lewis did not announce some really big news on Thursday. Lewis did not give Steelers fans reason to believe he may be close to signing a new contract. Lewis did say whatever it wasn't, it was big.

It is no secret the Pittsburgh Steelers will attempt to compete for the services of Keenan Lewis in 2013, after having a great first season as a full-time starter in 2012. Lewis is an unrestricted free-agent this off-season.

While cap compliance is within reach, few felt confident the team would be able to seriously compete to re-sign Lewis. On Thursday through his Facebook account, he technically didn't give Steelers fans any reason to believe any different. However, it is what he did not say.

Good news, thank you lord, you always told me believe and keep faith and you will handle the rest. It's a secret, I'm not telling nobody what it is either, just know I am about to turn up.

Early projections toward Lewis' eventual asking-price have been anywhere from $35 to $50 million, and is expected to have many suitors when free-agency begins with the beginning of the league year at 4 p.m. ET March 12.

The team spent most of this week restructuring the contracts of Lawrence Timmons, Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown. LaMarr Woodley is expected to restructure his deal before the week is up, too. The team had to be compliant with the NFL salary cap before the deadline, with enough consideration for their restricted free agents and exclusive rights free agents.

We've seen this before, most recently with James Harrison who left a cryptic status update about signing with a team other than Pittsburgh, which turned out to be his interaction with dodgeball. Lewis made no mention of his football team, family or future; but he definitely seems grateful this morning.

The conclusion many immediately jumped to was a possible agreement being reached between Lewis and the Steelers. If this is the case, we will have to wait to find out. The top-ranked pass defense from 2012 would be expected to continue its excellence if Lewis returns to start opposite of Ike Taylor, with impressive showings from now third-year corners Cortez Allen and Curtis Brown, sometimes.

While we won't bother speaking for Mr. Lewis directly, we will definitely keep our eyes on news-tickers when the deadline hits. If Lewis truly has reached an agreement with the team, they will most likely announce it at the beginning of the free-agency period.

For now, Lewis will just have to keep his little secret, while all of Steeler Nation hopes he spills the beans. He could be speaking of something completely unrelated to football, although good luck convincing his fan-base otherwise.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/3/1/4042324/steelers-free-agency-keenan-lewis-contract

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'   Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 11:28 am

I know the secret ...

Lewis and Wallace are childhood friends and want to continue playing together. Both are going to re-sign with the Steelers. Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' 1797695198

Quote :
Lewis did not announce some really big news on Thursday. Lewis did not give Steelers fans reason to believe he may be close to signing a new contract. Lewis did say whatever it wasn't, it was big.

Lewis didn't say the secret was "big." Here's the Tweet:

"Good news, thank you lord, you always told me believe and keep faith and you will handle the rest. It's a secret, I'm not telling nobody what it is either, just know I am about to turn up."

The blogger is making the leap that Lewis is hinting at re-signing with the Steelers. His "secret" might not even be football related.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'   Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:49 pm

Hah! Doubtful. The secret is, we can't afford Wallace, but we can't afford NOT to have Lewis, therefore, he will be resigned to a multi-year 20-25 mil contract.

Galax Steeler

Galax Steeler

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'   Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:04 am

Drizztbob wrote:
Hah! Doubtful. The secret is, we can't afford Wallace, but we can't afford NOT to have Lewis, therefore, he will be resigned to a multi-year 20-25 mil contract.

Probably more then that Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' 1797695198

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'   Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret' Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Keenan Lewis hints at 'a secret'
Page 1 of 1