Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeArians: No hurry for no-huddle Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Arians: No hurry for no-huddle

Go down 
+2
Buddha Bus
Wallace108
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Arians: No hurry for no-huddle Empty
PostSubject: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:03 am

By Scott Brown, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, October 21, 2011

Bruce Arians is used to quarterback Ben Roethlisberger lobbying for the no-huddle offense.

The Steelers offensive coordinator said he hasn't abandoned the fast-paced attack as much as he hasn't quite reached a comfort level with it. Injuries are partly to blame, Arians said Thursday, particularly on the offensive line.

The Steelers have used six different starting line combinations this season.

"There have been a lot of interchanging pieces," Arians said. "We're not as coherent as I'd like to be with all 11 guys to run a lot of it, but we're capable of running it. And it may become a major force like it has in the past."

Roethlisberger said Wednesday he would like to go no-huddle more frequently than the Steelers have through the first six games.

The Steelers have employed their no-huddle twice this season, with Roethlisberger completing 6 of 13 passes for 86 yards.

Arians chuckled when asked if he has resisted the no-huddle because it takes play-calling duties away from him.

"No, I have all the trust in the world in (Roethlisberger) calling the plays," said Arians, who added the Steelers prepare to use a no-huddle in the third or fourth series of a game if they need it. "It's the other 10 guys in the huddle functioning properly at that speed. (Roethlisberger) can play that a whole lot faster than the other 10 guys. When I see everybody playing as fast as he does in the no-huddle, then I think we'll be more than ready."

Veteran receiver Hines Ward said "that's Ben and B.A." when asked his thoughts about the no-huddle.

"I just catch the ball when my number's called," the Steelers' offensive co-captain said. "I don't want to even get into that. It's not my say so. Whatever those two decide they want to do, then so be it."

Read more: Steelers' Arians: No hurry for no-huddle - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_763016.html#ixzz1bODOVojV

----------------------------------------------------------

Let the debate begin. Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 2893009358

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 am

With Arians running the show it'll probably end up looking something like this.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 9:27 am

FIRE Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 1153444892 the sum'biatch!

For the last 3 seasons we've heard rumors from both him and Roethlisberger about this imaginative 'No-huddle' offense. And now, FINALLY, he comes out and tells us, it isn't happening! THEN STOP TALKING ABOUT IT EVERY AUGUST!!!!!!

And with all these injuries, wouldn't benefit the offensive linemen more as the defensive players would continue to lose energy and stamina, making their blocking assignments easier as the game progresses? Opening up running lanes? making Miller a heavier task to cover? creating dink and dunk situations for our QB but still leaving the deep route for Wallace as a viable option?

I swear this whole No-huddle crap makes me want to go back to this.... :drunk bum:

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
blastfurness
Xtreme Newb
blastfurness

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:46 pm

We need a line to protect before we can go no huddle. If this is BA last year and I am hearing talks about coach Wiz could be on his way out of Arizona do you think he would come back or do you think Big Ben would say oh Hell No
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm

blastfurness wrote:
We need a line to protect before we can go no huddle. If this is BA last year and I am hearing talks about coach Wiz could be on his way out of Arizona do you think he would come back or do you think Big Ben would say oh Hell No

I think the Whiz ship has sailed in Pittsburgh. He was too pissed about not getting the head coaching job to swallow his pride and return to the team that spurned him. He'll either go to some other team as an OC or even get a chance at another HC job somewhere.

Personally, I'd love to see him return as OC in Pittsburgh.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:21 pm

I think the Cards would be stupid to let him go. They were a joke before he took over. And then he took them to their first Super Bowl. After losing their starting QB, there's going to be a transition period. Wiz proved that he's a good coach. The Cards need something they never had ... stability. They need to stick with him.

As for us, screw stability. Arians needs to go. Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 1797695198

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:38 pm

If I remember correctly Whiz and #7 didn't exactly get along.
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

supytalpeht wrote:
If I remember correctly Whiz and #7 didn't exactly get along.

You're right. Yet another reason it won't happen.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:29 pm

if Arians is gone next year /he's on his last of his contract and l think he'll be gone/ who would be the next Steelers OC? imo the Steelers havn't hired an OC off the street in a long time so my guess is QB coach Randy Fichtner.

If the Steelers were to hire a OC this off season who would you like to see them hire?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:29 pm

effyou515 wrote:
if Arians is gone next year /he's on his last of his contract and l think he'll be gone/ who would be the next Steelers OC? imo the Steelers havn't hired an OC off the street in a long time so my guess is QB coach Randy Fichtner.

If the Steelers were to hire a OC this off season who would you like to see them hire?

ME! Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 1372836603 Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 1647293567

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Arians: No hurry for no-huddle 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arians: No hurry for no-huddle   Arians: No hurry for no-huddle Empty

Back to top Go down

Arians: No hurry for no-huddle
Page 1 of 1