Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomeSteelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens Empty
PostSubject: Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens   Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:07 am

By Mark Kaboly, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Casey Hampton was shocked by the first play of the game when the Steelers played at Baltimore in Week 1.

No, not that Ray Rice broke off the longest run against the Steelers' defense in more than two years, but that he found himself lying on his back mere seconds after he engaged with center Matt Birk.

Hampton was cut to the ground by backside guard Marshal Yanda, leaving a gaping hole for Rice to tear off a tone-setting, 36-yard run.

Hampton had his legs cut out from under him by Yanda nine more times during the Ravens' 35-7 win. Those blocks helped Baltimore rush for a season-high 170 yards, and Rice's 107-yard day was the first time the Steelers had given up 100 or more yards on the ground in more than 50 games.

"We didn't expect them to do it, that's for sure" Steelers linebacker James Farrior said. "We didn't see it in tape in the past. We weren't prepared for it a little bit."

Hampton admits that he wasn't ready for Baltimore's blocking scheme in Week 1, but he will be expecting it when the two teams meet Sunday at Heinz Field.

"I think I am a little more prepared," Hampton said. "I am a lot more prepared than I was last time. I haven't seen them do that against a whole lot of people besides us."

Read more: Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_765693.html#ixzz1cnwWTihv

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/

Steelers ready for cut blocks from Ravens
Page 1 of 1