Steelers Xtreme Forum

Homethe offense Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

the offense

Go down 
+3
solardave
SteelersYak
effyou515
7 posters
AuthorMessage
effyou515

effyou515

the offense Empty
PostSubject: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 am

the Steelers offense is set at the passing game Ben Brown Wallace Cothery and Miller. now its time to bring in the athletic o-line men

the running game you ask?

well 225 to 230 RBs are a dime a dozen

also Steeler fans with the salary cap you have to have these quality players come in waves can't pay everyone big money at once.

back to the saying the Steelers don't rebuild they reload.

what make us Steelers fans happy?

imo the Steelers are a playoff team every year in spring training and a Superbowl we shoot a nut the offense 3562723908

and ESPN don't talk shit about the Steelers thats the biggest nut l get the offense 3562723908

and l'm drunk after a Steelers win the offense 1372836603
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:47 am

The offense wasn't as impressive as in past weeks IMO. I don't know if Ben's hand had to do with it, or the bye week hangover but we couldn't capitalize on turnovers.

solardave

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:05 am

Ben was 21-31 so I don't think his hand was a factor. What I saw was Wallace drop one that he should have had. Our running game sucked. I also thought there was a few borderline interference non calls but I'm biased. In realty our WRs got manhandled.

Hey it's a win. I'll take it. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

SteelersYak

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:22 am

The stats don't paint the picture that Ben had to check down quite a bit. It seemed like he was a bit nervous to let it rip and his INT was way short for Brown. Ben had a GREAT game; I don't know how many other QBs would be able to suck it up.

The guy has a career in magic after football because sometimes I'm just left in awe with how he escapes and makes a play.

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 am

BGSU A Dub wrote:
The stats don't paint the picture that Ben had to check down quite a bit. It seemed like he was a bit nervous to let it rip and his INT was way short for Brown. Ben had a GREAT game; I don't know how many other QBs would be able to suck it up.

The guy has a career in magic after football because sometimes I'm just left in awe with how he escapes and makes a play.

You have to give the chiefs defense credit, they played an outstanding game. Wallace had a couple drops, one of which cost us 6. Brown needs to catch the ball and stop calling for a flag on every dropped pass.
Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 am

We also have to take into account that we lost TWO probowlers in the 1st quarter. One of which is our defensive play maker and the the other is the anchor of our O-line.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 am

The offense screwed the pooch last night. The game should never have been that close in the 4th quarter. Regardless that we lost our Pro Bowl center, the play calling was terrible, and Ben - once again - was throwing the deep ball in to double coverage instead of taking the underneath (especially late in the game).

This game should have been a blow out, and thankfully the defense bailed out Arians, Ben, and company and preserved the victory.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION the offense 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Anytime you score zip in an entire half agaisnt a team like the Chiefs that's a problem. We will have to play a lot better down the stretch if we hope to WIN IT ALL!!!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Last night's game certainly didn't give me a case of the "warm and fuzzies". We should have blown them out, and once again, we let a bad team hang around till the bitter end. I think Ben had a good game minus the pick which was bad. Wallace wasn't very good. Brown did well, but dropped a ball or two. Miller had some drops. The fumble was a killer because we could have been on the verge of quieting that stadium. The penalties are getting ridiculous. We need more discipline.

At least the D looked good and finally had some takeaways. They did their job and then some. They'll only get better with the return of Woodley. I hope Troy is OK though. I'm very worried that we could lose him for an extended period of time. We need him on the field 100% if we have any chance of getting back to the Bowl.

A win's a win and I'll take it, but the team needs to get it's act together and play 60 minutes of football for once and find a killer instinct. I'm sick of every game coming down to the wire regardless of the level of the opposing team. Stop playing down to opponents and put them away! the offense 2913999526

Back to top Go down
JonM229

JonM229

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Buddha Bus wrote:
we let a bad team hang around till the bitter end.

At least The Steelers can pull out the win against bad teams

"Ray Rice is special.  He is a guy for all situations, as I have said before, even in an elevator." -Mike Tomlin
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/jonmilles
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:40 pm

JonM229 wrote:
Buddha Bus wrote:
we let a bad team hang around till the bitter end.

At least The Steelers can pull out the win against bad teams

Well... there's that, I guess. the offense 2274786658

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

the offense Empty
PostSubject: Re: the offense   the offense Empty

Back to top Go down

the offense
Page 1 of 1