Steelers Xtreme Forum

HomePouncey says he will play Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pouncey says he will play

Go down 
+2
supytalpeht
Buddha Bus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

Pouncey says he will play Empty
PostSubject: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 5:49 pm

By Teresa Varley - Steelers.com
Posted 2 hours ago

Center Maurkice Pouncey said that he will play against the San Francisco 49ers on Monday night and he also expects quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to be out there with him.

Pouncey and Roethlisberger both suffered high ankle sprains in the Browns game on Thursday night, with Roethlisberger returning to action after halftime.

"I am fine. We`re both fine," said Pouncey after practice on Monday. "We`ll be alright to go on Monday Night Football. We are both fine. We are going day-by-day and taking precautions. We will be fine.”

Pouncey said he has been resting the ankle since the game and it has definitely improved.

“It’s a lot better than Thursday,” said Pouncey, who wore a boot the first few days. “It isn’t as swelled up. It just needs the right rest and rehab. I am fine. I am just going day-to-day and resting it.”

Pouncey suffered the same injury late last season and missed Super Bowl XLV. He insists this time the injury isn’t as bad and it won’t sideline him.

(Read More:) http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Pouncey-says-he-will-play/00069474-a7d1-41ee-a6c4-4af768835b10

Back to top Go down
supytalpeht

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:21 pm

When have we heard that before?
Back to top Go down
fer69

fer69

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyMon Dec 12, 2011 6:43 pm

shit Pouncey says he will play 2913999526 now i dont think he's gonna playPouncey says he will play 3029611895

F@(k Wallace.. Throw it to Miller
Back to top Go down
effyou515

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 12:10 am

he'll play when he's better Pouncey says he will play 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 1:00 am

I'm in favor of Pouncey sitting. Playing on the line puts a lot of stress on your ankles. Him getting healthier for the playoff run is more important than this game. Now if Baltimore loses, that might change the equation ... the 49ers game becomes quite important. Still, it might be better for him to sit either way.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 8:55 am

Looking at the playoff picture, if the Steelers clinch and the ravens happen to win this weekend, then I say sit Ben and Pouncey. The greater concern is being healthy for the playoffs, not finishing out the regular season.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pouncey says he will play 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
Buddha Bus

Buddha Bus

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 4:19 pm

The thing that makes the decision tough is the uncertainty of whether the Ravens will win out or not. All three games left for them could potentially be losses. The Browns, even though they suck, are a divisional rival, have an intense hatred for the Ravens for stealing their team and will play them as tough as they can muster. The Bengals could still be fighting for a playoff berth, are a divisional rival, and are at home. The Chargers are fighting for their playoff lives, are at home, and are on the West coast which is going to be tough to travel to and win. All are potentially tough games and could upset the Ravens.

Personally, I think the Bolts take them this week. The Ravens fans are looking past this game and worried only about the Bengals. I hope the team is too. I think the Chargers have found their late season groove again this past couple of weeks and will surprise the Ravens. Of course, this makes the decision to sit Ben and/or Pouncey that much more difficult if that happens because we would then have a chance to win out and claim the division title. At least we have the luxury of seeing what transpires in that game before ours. It would still be a tough decision though. I think we need to do everything in our power to try to wrest that division away from the Rats so they don't get home field advantage (and potentially #1 seed) in the playoffs. They are extremely tough at home with that crowd behind them.

I say sit Pouncey for a week and, if Ben is up to it, run him out there, but at the first sign of trouble, pull him. We can't risk him for the playoffs. I'd also dress Dixon in case of emergency. We can't rely solely on Batch with his injury history.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pouncey says he will play   Pouncey says he will play Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1